BEWARE THE COLLECTION MIAMI!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

BEWARE THE COLLECTION MIAMI!!!!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by msgsobe, Jan 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

1. Pics of the new car, please.

2. Did they make you pay for the full service you initially brought the car in for?

RMX

2. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    #27 msgsobe, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    THE NEW gt3 rs....
    No, they didnt bill me for service, I don't think even the Collection has cojones that big!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    Having been through this myself a number of years back, and after having owned a leasing company for a number of years as well, you do have an additional option to recover the upgrades and equity that you had in the lease.

Most all insurance companies have clause's in their policies that cover for what is called "deminition in value" (whereas in your case the car as well as the option improvements installed have in fact deminished in value due to the accident). Once you add that amount to the overall cost of the repair, the insurance company may total the car rather than repair it. The other risk you run is that the leasing company may come after you under the same theory that the car was turned in repaired thus being worth less than it would have been if not for the accident.

A simple demand letter to the Collection for lost equity, inconvenience, etc. should flush out what they will or will not do. If they do nothing, you are in a really good position to prevail through suit for all of the pain and suffering you and your wallet went through.

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Please see the post directly above yours. Steve is in the car business, obviously it happens.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Tell me about this car!?! I'm a fan of the GT3 for how little I know about Porsche. Year? HP? Varies from GT3? 997? Cost, not that I can afford it?

6. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Rob, the car is an 08 gt3rs, they made a total of 400 in 07 and 80 in 08. "RS" stands for "Rennsport" which is the racing version of porsche street cars. it is normally aspirated, as opposed to the gt2 which has twin turbos, but is lighter and track tuned..wider rear fenders, no back seat, lightweigt flywheel, sport exhaust. of all my cars, this is my favorite to drive, it is simply "point and shoot" They were going for 75k over sticker until the mkt crashed, now you can actually buy one!

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What a great car, so not a full racing car, more like a Scuderia than a Cup car?

8. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I'd reach out to Porsche N.A. They may not make you entirely happy, but they're sure to make the dealer sufficiently unhappy that you may be happy. If you get my drift.
    Nice GT3RS, btw. I won't tell you that I'd rather have that than the 996 GT2, but hypothetically speaking, of course, your new car doesn't suck.

9. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Mark, sorry about the loss but it looks like you are landing on your feet. That would really piss me off. I can believe that they won't do anything for you. I would work a little to get a settlement from them.

I lived in the Grove for five years and Key Biscayne five years and I never felt comfortable there. It was just the feel. I won't do business there again.

10. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    For Porsche service try Scott Finley across from the bakery center. He will give very personal service and won't crash your car.

11. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    I know scott, he's a great guy. But the car is an 08, I'm going to go to champion for warranty and required service work. For documentation, it's always better to have dealer serviced. (except the collection!)

12. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    He bought it from champion and the salesman drove his other car back home for him safe and sound. long live champion!

13. Todd Helme

Todd Helme Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Helme
    I like the new one Mark, a perfect choice as expected.

14. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    You should get a good lawyer Mark.

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I have bought a 360 Spider, a 430 Spider, and a CS from then and have never had the slightest problem other then the factthey are expensive

16. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold

until they WRECK one of them!!!!

17. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #42 geno berns, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    Mark,

Sorry to hear about your car. The Collection replaced the battery on my CGT when I had it in Miami. I am glad they did not do that to my car! Two of my friends own the GT3 RS in orange. The Euro cars came with roll cages, but not the US cars, correct? All of them have a plastic back window. These guys have other super cars, but the GT3 RS is their favorite. The GT3 RS is a great car for the track. In fact one of them had a yellow GT2 he bought new that he lost some big $$ when he sold it. He told me that it was one of the fastest cars he ever owned. One of them just got back from Germany where he took delivery of a new RSR right at the factory. What a bad ass! He intends to race it. Will you be at Cavallino? Hope to see you there.

Gene.

18. FIORANO SPORTSCARS

BANNED

Jul 10, 2004
    I am not surprise.......

19. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy

This is terrible, sorry for your situation.
    Worse is they are posturing to screw you with the liability that you have with the leasing company.
    I would take the above post very seriously and act now.

20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks for posting.
    Will never see my butt within a hundred yards of that hole.

21. lgear080

lgear080 Rookie

Jan 13, 2009
    Wow. Never intended to post in such a thread my first time on your board, but
    here goes. I am familiar with The Collection and their utter lack of respect to
    both customers and their cars. I have not personally litigated against them,
    however I am familiar with others who have (fortunately not over such a greivous
    oversight).

Decided to purchase an f430spider elsewhere after dealing with them over the
    phone (and listening to others experiences). If you have not retained counsel,
    you should. I believe you have a claim for damages, both tangible and intangible.

Again, sorry to see your original baby in such a state and wish you the best in
    your new gt3rs...

22. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Thanks all for the kind words...I am dealing with them in my own way and will get satisfaction!!!

23. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    Go baby!

24. jgcferrari

jgcferrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 21, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jose
    My brother recently had a bad experience with them, he bought a car from them in 02 it had around 300 miles and they told him that it had been driven only on demo drives around the dealer and they made him a very little discount, but he had to get it because it was the only one in the color he wanted.
    When he intended to trade the car in another dealership and with only 4,000 miles, it showed up in the carfax that the car had a previous owner that drove it the 300 miles it had, and the car had some damage, although it had a clear title, and the collection sold it like a new car to him.

25. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    Going up the food chain is excellent advice