BEWARE THE COLLECTION MIAMI!!!! | FerrariChat

BEWARE THE COLLECTION MIAMI!!!!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by msgsobe, Jan 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    #1 msgsobe, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Seriously?
    That'll buff right out...
    :(
    BT

3. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Holy CRAP!!

Maybe this should go under general so more people see it??

RMX

4. Todd Helme

Todd Helme Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Helme
    It is still reflecting the sky nicely in the unmangled part.

5. oscar_driver

oscar_driver Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2006
    oh wow, sorry and I hope insurance takes care of business ..
    Oscar

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Wow! What's the story behind what happened? On test drive? Drunk Driver? Loose nut behind the wheel?

S

7. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I hope this is a joke

8. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Shame on you shilling your work! :D

Mark, sorry to hear. You know, I hear more and more horror stories about dealers crunching cars brought in for service. I wonder if it has always been so common, or if the internet just makes it easier to hear about these mishaps. Hope they rectify the situation to your satisfaction, I've always known the Collection to be a stand-up dealer. Keep us posted.

9. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Holy COW Mark.....is this for REAL???????

10. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
  11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    A local BMW dealership I worked with many years ago would have on average 1 car totalled or wreaked badly per month. Some client cars ( test drives after repair ) , some stock units on test drives ( M5 totalled when rear ended by speeding car ), some new car attempted theft ( drive through windows like in Gone in 60 Seconds ) I lost count at one point of how often it happens.

When you consider how many cars, how many miles ( although a few miles at a time ), how many different situations dealers are in, I am not supprised at the over all number.

And yes, the internet makes it easier to discuss , its still how the dealership handles it that makes the difference!

S

12. drchako

drchako Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Palo Alto, CA
    I cannot stop laughing about this line. Please shed some light on this statement before I bust a gut! I can imagine a conversation on the shop floor:

Tech1: Here comes another Porsche. You want this one?

Tech2: Nah. No time. Just crunch it.

-DrC

13. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    I brought the car in around thanksgiving for service. The following Monday went to pick it up, I was told by my service advisor, gus chavez "there's been a little accident" I went to see the car, now at Countach body shop, couldn't believe what I saw!!! I was told by an employee that the tech was flying down Bird Road and T boned another car. met with the field manager, paul Scott, who told me, "don't worry, we"ll FIX it"!!!!!!!! NO THANKS!!! Car was leased, but I had an option to buy on DEC 1st!! I fully intended to excercise the option as the car had really low miles, and I had always babied her.and the strike price was well below her value, especially considering all the upgrades I had in her, wheels, carbon fiber interior, sound ssytem, suspension, turbos and chip, etc etc..etc...obviously, why would i bring her in for full service a week before the lease was up if i wasnt going to buy her...Now, the collection's insurance didn't total her, they are gonna fix it!!! Obviously, i dont want a wrecked GT2, so i didnt excercise the option..The collection has offered me NOTHING!!! I think I'm owed about 40k for the difference between the option price and value of the car..They wont replace it, or offer me a new one at cost..NOTHING!!! Even though I am a long time customer and have bought numerous cars from them. So I bought an 08 GT3 RS elsewhere and I will NEVER do business with them again..NEVER!!! They are a JOKE!!

hotsauce likes this.
  14. The Palerider

The Palerider Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    WOW. First of all, very sorry to see what happened. That is wrong on so many levels. But it is certainly not the first time....

In March of 2007 I went to the preview of the Maserati GT at the Collection. I owned a Porsche at the time (no longer own it). Just as they were about to pull the cover off the GT to unveil it in the showroom, I got a tap on my shoulder. "Excuse me sir, there's been an accident." Long story short - a valet was moving my car in the garage and though he would have a little fun gunning it up the ramps. Well, he gunned it right into the front of an Audi. Left the 4 Audi circles (emblem) as an imprint as well as other damage. It was nowhere near the tragedy that occured with your car. Countach fixed it and, of course, the Collection paid for it and my loaner.

When a dealership drives that volume of cars on a daily basis, accidents will happen. But the way they treated you is unnaceptable. Call your lawyer.

And...enjoy GT3, you deserve it.

15. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I will not spend one dime with those people after what they did to you. I shop at Champion Porsche currently and I have been treated with respect in good times and a few not so good times. Everything is not always gonna be perfect, but how its handled is everything. F-chatters unite!!!!!

16. Todd Helme

Todd Helme Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Helme
    That's messed up Mark. The only way it could possibly be worse is if they charged you the damage for done on the return of the lease. Congrats on the RS, a perfect stablemate for the '73 RS.

17. REMIX

That's really ****ed up. WTF is wrong with people these days? I'd be kissing your ass for my mistake...the economy sucks and they should do whatever they can to keep the lights on, especially when it's something this egregious. These people never learn, even after they go out of business. They just blame everyone and everything else for their "misfortune".

RMX

18. REMIX

#18 REMIX, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    He **is** a lawyer (I think). LOL.

RMX

19. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Mark, search the internet. They wrecked another Porsche a few years back. I'm not sure how everything turned out in the end, but the car's owner went through the same stuff you're dealing with. Have you talked with Ken Gorin? I am sure this happens often there, and most other places.

Unfortunately, to most dealers, a car is just another rolling hunk of metal, not someone's pride and joy. But, how they deal with the public in situations like this speaks VOLUMES about the mentality and true values of the management.

Hopefully, you can get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Total vs repair.....Luckily the car was leased, so you can just return it to the lease company when fixed and you're not stuck trying to resell a wrecked car to get YOUR money back. So, in that respect, there's likely no or at least little financial difference to you by returning the car to the leasing company vs having them total it. IF it were a car that you owned, it would be MUCH worse getting shafted by being stuck with a wrecked car. Plus, there are other cars simmilar to it that you could find at some point, although with some time seeking one. Look at that bright side at least.

It sounds like the downside is the inability to keep the car post lease, and thus the loss of potential profit on the buyout at the end of the lease vs the current market value.

At the VERY least, they should offer some SERIOUS concessions to you on a new or replacement car. And, should be bending over backwards to resolve everything to your satisfaction.

What AMAZES me is that they WAITED until you came back to pick up your car, and didn't even have the initiative to contact you immediately when that happened. Total BS. Just total BS.

People think I am a PITA because I am picky about my cars. For example, I won't let dealers drive my CS, I insist that it gets parked indoors and away from other cars, etc... But, this is JUST the reason.

PLEASE keep us posted on how this progresses..........

20. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Looking at the pictures, it seems that the front wheel and structure was hit pretty hard. Why ANYONE would want a high performance car that had such pivitol structure damage is beyond me. I would NOT feel safe driving a car like that faster than parking lot speeds once 'repaired'.......

21. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    The bright side is that the leaf (or whatever it was) that was stuck in the 'before' lower grill was removed............. :)

22. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    wow Mark sorry to hear this...
    the same thing happend to my car... they wrecked it and waited for me to pick it up.. never even fixed it right.
    I could see how this could happen at a hyundai dealer, but NOT a high end dealer.
    at least Hyundai gave me $6k off on a new car if I wanted...

23. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I can understand why they would want to fix it, since that part is in the insurance's hands, but they should at least offer to take it in on trade towards a GT3 at cost. There would be little downside to them and they would keep a customer.

24. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Mark,

Someone should followup and see what they do with the car after they fix it. do they disclose the accident? wholesale it off? If they sell the car, would be interesting to know how it is represented...

Simon

25. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Mark
    Thanks for sharing your story. I was considering a 360CS they have for sale. This is good information.