360 - Beware of independent service facilities | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Beware of independent service facilities

Discussion in '360/430' started by Orvis 360, Jan 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Interesting thread. I'll just add to watch out for Ferrari service centers as well. Do your research. I have a F430 that has always been serviced at a dealer with all the records to prove it. I do all my own work, I enjoy it and is why I chose the F430, and can see match up shotty work I find with the invoice of the dealer that did it. By shotty I mean tore up/missing bolts/screws, scratched up or damaged components/hose fittings, etc. I've been correcting issues as I find them but it does bother me that you guys are paying ridiculous hourly rates for work, and at least with my car as a data point, the techs are not pampering or even taking car of it while in their shops.

People mentioned already above, get to know the service dept and if possible the tech, regardless if independent or not, and when you find a good one, never let go.

2. MrAwilson

MrAwilson Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Aaron Wilson
    I’m new here. Who is “Eugenio?” Does he work on anyone’s car, or is he willing to work on your car because of a personal relationship? Where is his shop? Asking for my future self.