BEST STAR TREK SERIES | FerrariChat

BEST STAR TREK SERIES

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by GPM, Nov 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    #1 GPM, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know i'll take some flac for this, but I say Voyager, maybe because tech has entered the scene and Voyager was the latest series, always out dated by the time filming's over, this is not sexist, however i'd rather be stranded on a planet with Janeway and B'Ellana, not too mention 7 of mine, than spock, don't get me wrong, i'm a Kirk and Spock lover and there's no bigger fan of the original series, it seems to me that Kirk lovers, which I am, refuse to recognise other series, DS9, etc, Picard was perfect, maybe too perfect, too stiff, Janeway was tolerant and likeable as a star ship captain,(probably a democrat), and the tech albeit the '90s was there and the forever imagination of the writers, who don't get enough credit ever, imo,,
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    It's hard to beat TNG.

Built in nostalgia bias I guess. TNG Is what I grew up with and I don't know TOS or Voyager or DS9 well enough to make arguments about why TNG is best.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Captain Kirk, hands down as best Enterprise Captain, The Next Generation by a whisker over the Original for best series.

By a whisker.

And tomorrow my answer might be different about series, but not about Captain.

D

4. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    All of them with DS9 coming in last.

5. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    TNG by an absolute landslide.

Voyager had a couple good things going for it and their names are Seven of Nine.

6. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    #6 GPM, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Are you kidding? It's STTOS by a mile, it's not even close.

I tried to watch the modern crap, it sucked. The movies are good, even the newer ones with Chris Pine, but the modern series were junk.

8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    The Original Series, by far.

Nothing else even comes close.

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree, watched " Doomsday Machine" and "Arena" over the weekend.

10. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    To me there is only one Star Trek series

The first

(and no, not using "Star Wars Math" where the first was the 6th or 3rd or some such silliness:D)

Jedi

11. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Without the original series the others would not exist, so like saying George Washington is the most important POTUS, you have to give a nod to the OS.

However, it was cheaply done and very cheesy. And while many episodes are great, there are also some real stinkers in there too.

The Next Generation is my personal favorite, I have seen all of them. Their best was at least as good as the best of the OS.