Best Restaurants You've Ever Been To | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Best Restaurants You've Ever Been To

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Ferrariguy2, Jul 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ve heard great things about One and Only but stayed with friend’s timeshare at Cabo Azul....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Got back to Fiola (and the new rooftop is FANTASTIC!!) on Friday and wow. Always duly impressed, and this go round Chef Fabio was present and selected our menu for us. Everything was solid perfection!!

3. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    Topolobampo- Rick Bayless restaurant in Chicago, a little more upscale than Frontera.
    Inn at Little Washington-I recommend paying to get a Kitchen Table.

armedferret likes this.
  4. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hitting Jont this Saturday for wifey's 40th. Will report back.

(site states "12+ courses", and it should go without saying that we're doing the wine pairing)

AtomicPunk88 and adc like this.
  5. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    Excellent. We just dined at Fiola Mare which was fantastic! They were proud of the lobster ravioli app at $60, but it was excellent. I was supposed to go to Gravitas this week but a few of the diners have to self quarantine this week.

armedferret likes this.
  6. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Have done Fiola Mare several times and absolutely loved it.

Hope everyone from Gravitas is healthy or will be back to it soon. We've been very lucky so far at work (knock knock of course) in that only two of our 100+ folks have tested positive (and IMMEDIATELY went into full-on hermit mode).

7. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    No issues at Gravitas. It was on our end. A friend organized a rooftop wine dinner for 8 at Gravitas. 2 of the attendees are under quarantine so we decided to cancel until we can all attend. The wines to be featured included: Krug, Salon, DRC, Rayas, Margaux etc.
    A friend that put this together gives high regards to Anna from Gravitas.

armedferret likes this.
  8. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    AH! Tracking now, sorry. I misunderstood your post at first. Hope they're well soon!! :)

9. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Missus hit the big four oh this week, so we spent a night at the Willard on Pennsylvania and had an absolutely spectacular experience at Jônt on 14th St NW.

The sampling was extensive, but the duck was exquisite, the Wagyu with black truffle heavenly, and the Elvis Torte (peanut butter and banana with toasted marshmallow) was creative and delicious.

I'm very excited for them to get the star(s) they deserve once the michelin diners start traveling again.

AtomicPunk88 likes this.
  10. AtomicPunk88

AtomicPunk88 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Brad
    This thread is a good resource I plan to refer back to, especially once Covid mania has dissipated.

My favorites to date:

L'Auberge Gourmande - St. Martin. Unassuming building with some charm. Fantastic service including personal attention from the owner, champagne on arrival and house-made liqueur after dessert at no charge. Best meal I had ever had at the time.

The Brasserie at the Hotel Les Trois Rois in Basel. Beautiful space and fantastic food with attentive service. My wife got some sort of simple pasta with truffles that she said was by far the best thing she'd ever eaten.

Chez Yvonne, a humble winstub near the cathedral in Strasbourg. Seems like a well-run family place in an ancient building. Great, authentic Alsatian food. My wife's chicken with Riesling sauce was a huge hit, and my veal head was similarly incredible.

Shout-out to Hofbräuhaus in Munich just because I love the ambience, dark beer, and crispy pork hock entree.

11. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie

Attached Files:

tomc and armedferret like this.
  12. Capibaro

Capibaro Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    Tilburg
    Full Name:
    Bob van Leeuwen
    1) Best food and creativity at the same time: De Librije (Zwolle, The Netherlands, Johnny Boer head chef)
    2) Most provocative yet mind provoking: Noma (Kopenhagen, Denmark, Rene Redzepi)
    3) Best Dish: Mirazur (Cote d'Azur, France, Mauro Colagreco)

May sound super snobby, but I am a cooking nerd since early teens and save up for visiting hero's. De Librije is definitely worth a huge trip.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  13. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I know you asked for the best 3 but one that stands out above the rest for me

Ai fiori NYC

A friend and business partner took me there and since then i have been always comparing every restaurant to that ..it truly set the bar .. we had the chef tasting menu

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

armedferret likes this.
  14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Have to update this list:

1. Grand Vefour - Paris
    2. French Laundry - Yountville
    3. Osteria Franchescana

Sadly Le Taste Vin in Paris is closed... my latest favorite place is cafe Marly at the Louvre - food is good, but the view is amazing.
    Atelier Joel Robochon in London
    Louis XV in Monaco still very, very good.

armedferret likes this.
  15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Vincent's in Riga, Latvia, just totally outstanding, impeccable service and officially the best sommelier in the world. I dined there twice with a very special lady friend and everything about the dining experience made it unforgettable, can't wait to go back, July is the target:)
    Will post dishes and photos when back at my computer.

arizonaitalian and tomc like this.
  16. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    We were hoping for a miracle but Le Cirque in Vegas is *STILL* closed. I don't know if it's because of the sad passing of Mr. Maccioni, or if they just closed entirely during COVID and have yet to reopen.

We opted for SW at the Wynn instead while we were there, and while the food was superb, it was EXTREMELY busy so it was quite loud. Not really ideal for celebrating an anniversary but...we made do. :)

Jont reservations for July open up on the 4th so I'm hoping we can grab one. No problem getting in last year, but now that the Michelin Guide finally has them listed it sells out *FAST*.

tomc likes this.
  17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You can serve visually well plated dishes, dress in tuxes, charge a ton, but if I can’t have a conversation at normal levels we’re done. Zero stars, zero recommendations, no soup for you. Your romantic anniversary, your whispering sweet nothings? Screwed.
    Nope. Won’t do it and don’t give a crap how many stars you have. Sounds are EASY to control with fabric and decor.

Nembo1777, tomc and armedferret like this.
  18. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    With you there.

We likely won't hit that spot up again. The good news is, Vegas doesn't want for fine dining, so there's myriad places we've yet to sample. :)

19. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah, I’m enough of a stickler that if I were you I’d be pissed. What did you drop; $300? $400? And you couldn’t tell her how gorgeous she looked because she couldn’t hear you. Screw that.

armedferret likes this.
  20. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oh I told her long before we got there. ;)

But yes, 100% correct.

dstacy likes this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I went to Red Ash in Austin two weeks ago and had the best filet of my life not even close.

22. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    My best of all times.

1. Joel Robuchon Monte Carlo in the Hotel Metropole.
    2. Le Cinq in Paris at the George V hotel.
    3. Joel Robuchon Las Vegas

I've dined at the French Laundry at least 20 times. It is OK. I need to get the Single Thread in Healdsburg

armedferret likes this.
  23. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Bygone’s in Baltimore is up there along with Ouzo Bay for me. (

Attached Files:

armedferret likes this.
  24. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    *adds to list*

jimshadow likes this.
  25. Lifeboatboy

Lifeboatboy Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    London, UK
    1. Lasserre, Paris (https://www.restaurant-lasserre.com/en/) - for sheer opulence and 'in your face' French (almost religious) fervour towards cuisine and pomp.
    2. Lorenzillo's, Cancun (https://www.lorenzillos.com.mx/en/destinations/restaurant-cancun/) - for infallable lobster and wine, in a relaxed setting on holiday.
    3. Delaire Graff, Cape Town (https://www.delaire.co.za/dine/) - for the most insanely inexpensive*, yet fantastic outdoor fine dining experience in the world.
    *Unless you agree to "...just have a quick look in the shop", in which case full disclaimer applies.