Best Restaurants You've Ever Been To | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Best Restaurants You've Ever Been To

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Ferrariguy2, Jul 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Sounds like a fun day...T

2. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    Trattoria alla Madona , near the rialto bridge in Venice . GO Thursaday nights, the waiters will serenade you in classical italian opera. And the food is awesome

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was in my home town of Pittsburgh and ate at a restaurant called Gaucho. I've NEVER had a better sandwich. It was $10. Great doesn't have to be expensive. If you're in the Burgh and want to grab lunch I can't imagine better.

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Venice is a great city for food. Wife and I ate at Antico Pignolo near St Mark's Square. Magical. Food was great. The setting sublime. Ate at a couple of other random places we stumbled upon as we walked around. All of the superb...T

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Pittsburgh + sandwich = Primanti Brothers. How's Gaucho stack up?
    T

6. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Agreed I've been there a few times, always special.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Gaucho blows it away.

8. brobin

brobin Karting

Nov 4, 2015
    Philadelphia Area
    #508 brobin, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    Wow that looks great. I am actually traveling to Italy today and will visit Bologna, Milan, Florence, Modena (and Marenello ofcourse :p). I think I will give Diana a try!

Any one have any other recommendations in Italy?

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Alle Murata in Florence, especially during truffle season - now.

Cibreo - Florence

Paoli in Florence

and oddly enough - Circus Pizza - tratorria in the middle of piazza della signori - is very good ... as is the coffee at Gucci café..

Clementa Alla Maddellena in Rome

Scopico in Rome over by Vittorio Emmanuale...

bar at the Raphael hotel... great drinks and spectacular view.

Pizzaerium Bonci - behind Vatican city rome... very good - fresh wild range of pizza... chinguale with tartuffi and 12 year old balsamic ... and fennel...

in Maranello - Cavallino is a must do, but food - so so,,, Ristorante Montana is much better food wise.

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    One more for Florence; La Bussola. The restaurant is decent, but only go for pizza and sit at the counter right when you walk in, right in front of the pizza oven. Get the "special" pizza with local boar salumi and a local cheese that is added after cooking. Perhaps the best pizza I've ever had.

12. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    wow thanks for the huge list, I will check them out. We are going to the white truffle fair in Florence. I had a recomendation for Osteria di Poneta in Florence that I will be going to tomorrow.

Also booked Montana for after the factory tour :)

that sounds amazing!!! Yes I forgot about the Pizza!! (kind of think its NYC food since I spend nearly half the year there haha)

13. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Pappagallo in Bologna. Have fun!

14. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    I am in italy right now, went to La Bussola for pizza in Florence and caminetto d'oro in Bologna for pasta dishes...amazing!

White truffle season too, so got alot of white truffle dishes and it is so cheap compared to the US. Dishes that would cost $70-$90 here were under 30 euros!

15. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'll be in Vegas 12/3-12/6.. Where should we dine? The four of us are 'foodies' and want to go somewhere that we'll remember. Preferably nothing touristy and we're not necessarily wanting to break the bank but we're good for a decent fare. Thanks in advance for any input!

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Le Cirque at Bellagio. Make reservations, go early in the dinner period, and ask for a table with a view of the fountains. Then, order the white truffle prix fixe...T

armedferret likes this.
  17. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Tanti in Budapest. Don't let the strip mall location fool you. Best culinary experience I've had to date.

18. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Barcelona: Sensi tapas on Carrer Ample. A very, very good tapas place. Booze selection is pretty good too. I'm told the owner has two other places in the same neighbourhood.

19. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    My favorite place is Bazaar Meats in the SLS.

Mark

20. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Anyone have a recommendation near Lincoln Center in NYC for a late dinner for two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The restaurant called "Lincoln" right in Lincoln Center is pretty good. You can also take a short walk down to W. 57th St. and eat at Nobu57 or Betony. If you just won the lottery try Masa or Per Se in the Time Warner Center.

22. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    If you're in the mood for some high-end Italian food, head to Marea on Central Park South.

Also, stop by for a pre-dinner cocktail at the Ascent Lounge in the Time Warner Center which has a great view of Columbus Circle.

Reservations are required at any of the restaurants I've mentioned.

23. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide

I've been to the ascent lounge but couldn't remember the name - thank you!

I'm leaning towards French but no, unfortunately I don't have the winning numbers making it a bit difficult in that area...so I'm open to anything. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Okay...if your want French then head over to Jean-Georges in the Trump International building on Columbus Circle.

Last time I was there I sat across from a good-looking milf and her much-older husband with an ridiculous blond comb-over.

25. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    As luck would have it...the NY Times reports on page one that Trump, Priebus and Romney all dined together at Jean-Georges last night. No word on who picked up the check.