Best phone mount | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best phone mount

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ttforcefed, Dec 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    I have been loving the new phone mount for the last 3 weeks. Thanks again for the recommendation. I usually give up on finding the right phone mount for my needs. This one is perfect!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #27 shifter, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    This has been working for me. Didn’t want to block vents, and yeah it’s looking down but I can manage. Large strong magnet, no metal in my phone protector (cf) and still holds very well.

It’s a Pitaka on a clip mount with a piece of self adhesive band.

I think I can make a leather band version, I should try.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gh21631, Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. Tienus

Tienus Rookie

Aug 14, 2016
    #28 Tienus, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    I took delivery of my new to me 2016 F12 last weekend. Couldn’t be happier! But the navigation is a bit too outdated for my area so I need a solution for a phone mount.

I’ve ordered the Cailin spider mount. Tried it today, but the clamp is too big for the vents. I tried squeezing it in a bit but after half an hour the entire clamp came tumbling down. Any F12 owners who are using a similar spider mount type of phone mount or found a better solution?

4. Wallyman424

Wallyman424 Rookie

Aug 2, 2019
    Lakeland Fl
    Shifter, where'd you get that mount, I can't quite figure out how you have the clip mount attached to the velcro strap

5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #30 shifter, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    I can’t find my exact clamp on Amazon anymore, it was in my phone parts junk drawer, but it’s close to this:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Then cut a perpendicular slot in the Velcro strap, slid one jaw through and tightened it down. Wrapping the Velcro around the grab handle works quite well, surprisingly, and holds it solid. The Pitaka charging pad has very good magnets.

Not my idea, I saw one in a car at a C&C and the owner told me eBay has them. Search Lusso phone mount. I had the clamp and velcro already, decided to make my own.

6. mb5

mb5 Karting

Nov 11, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    A friend of mine has tools for making custom stickers, and she made this for me. Placed it on the front of the Cailin mount, and I couldn’t be happier with it!

Attached Files:

Elasto, Wazzer and Avia11 like this.
  7. Nuri Bodur

Nuri Bodur Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuri Bodur
    I’m also at a loss for the F12. The Cailin mount is too wide to fit the vent opening. Any suggestions fellow F12 owners?

8. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

9. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

You need order he 2 items on Amazon below. The clip will grab the inside vent. And you will use the magnetic portion to hold the I phone assuming it has mag lock. It will fit flush on the vent and won’t protrude out more than the circumference of the vent.

TALK WORKS Air Vent Magnetic Phone Car Mount (2 Pack) 360 Rotation Cell Phone Holder Magnet - Compatible with Apple iPhone 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR, XS/Max, X, 8, 7, Android for Samsung Galaxy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852KB7PH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_JMJX8TJ96D4V3D4XXWYY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And this
    Magnetic Car Mount for iPhone 12 13 Series - No Plates Need, Adjustable Adhesive Phone Mount Holder for Dashboard, Phone Holder Compatible with Magsafe Car Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SL4RQZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_8E47YX800XAGR6VY1BY0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

camshaft and Nuri Bodur like this.
  10. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    both holders have magnetic mount so why do we need the second mount?

11. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

I think the second larger version e fills the vent entirely and maybe for my I phone model.While the smaller has the right clip to clip to the internal spider vanes.

don’t recall but I interchanged it and holds well.

12. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    have the same combo and can confirm

I also have a larger mount that fits my galaxy fold 3 in unfolded state too for when I need something bigger, they're ball and socket joints so easy to just pop off

13. Prox

Prox Rookie

Jul 24, 2021
    Do you have any picture how it looks like in a car? Im trying to solve the same problem with location and was thinking this might be best however then I realized that the cup holder in 812 is in the middle of the center console (and not front like for example F8) so Im not so sure about it

14. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
  15. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    Please send pics of setup in F12. I also have fold 2 very interested

16. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
  17. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
  18. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I use a hybrid solution, a Cailin mount for the phone, the socket of which goes onto the ball of a Vanmass grill mount (pictured below)
    The grill mount then clips in its rubber jaws onto the outside of one of the circular vents.
    Its not ideal but holds the phone well.
    I put a small strip of foam trim on the bottom of the Vanmass mount so it can rest on, but not damage, the carbon fibre dash.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. AEMeyer

AEMeyer Rookie

May 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Anthony E. Meyer
    I bought the Cailin mount. It installed securely into the AC vent; however, when I put the cellphone into it, the weight caused the entire vent housing to fall down such that the phone wasn't very visible. I couldn't figure out how to tighten the vent housing, so I returned the mount via Amazon.

20. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    connect to bottom vent and rotate slightly and it should be good that's how i had mine (before getting apple carplay)

21. AEMeyer

AEMeyer Rookie

May 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Anthony E. Meyer
    Our AC vents are aligned horizontally on the Portofino M.

Was your Apple CarPlay installed after-market? And does Apple CarPlay also somehow charge the iPhone?

Nuri Bodur likes this.
  22. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    i have after market yes, I don't have wireless carplay (my sony headunit HATES any adapter) so it's always charging. I've gotten used to it

23. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Finally decided to change to an installed magnetic phone mount and also added a Blackvue front camera with battery to record usual dash cam stuff plus interesting drives. The good thing with the phone mount install is it’s clean and doesn’t damage any of the interior components and is angled towards the driver. If any one else is interested, they can contact Rapid Radio in Auckland who did the install.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    I have a Lusso, any recommendations for the best iPhone mount?

25. mb5

mb5 Karting

Nov 11, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I gave up on my Caelin because it kept sagging. I didn’t want to clutter things up with a windshield mount initially, but caved in and then went with the iottie velux which I’ve been happy enough with.

The charging cord running down the dash is a bit cluttery

scottevestceo likes this.