Best Phoenix/Scottsdale driving roads!? | FerrariChat

Best Phoenix/Scottsdale driving roads!?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by TomAZ, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Myself and a friend often meet up on a Saturday morning (early) and take the cars out for a spin. We’re running out of ideas for great driving roads....does anyone local have a favorite driving road. We both reside in Scottsdale area! If anyone wants to join in message me...

2. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    I live in Scottsdale as well, unfortunally busy tomorrow but maybe another day for sure. Tortilla flats is always a good quick run from Scottsdale. Or the back way to Jerome up 89a.
    Let me know what you find as I have only had my car for about 6 months and would like to find some good roads as well.
    Have fun tomorrow, Drive hard and safe..

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    This is one of my favorites up in North Phoenix, when I found it, it was empty, but it's always a couple cars and some cyclists. It's short and not very twisty, but I enjoyed it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

synchro likes this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    synchro likes this.
  5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Nospinzone likes this.
  6. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    My Dad was in town from Mi so we took my 430 from Scottsdale to Yarnell and then up to prescott. Left at 545am to beat the heat and traffic. About 2 hours to Prescott up 89. It was Awesome. Yarnell hill is perfectly paved and 2 lanes so you dont get stuck behind anyone. Also it was easy to turn around and drive it again. Another 45 min and another killer road to prescott, and 15-20 degrees cooler. Winding roads mostly 2nd and 3rd gear and killer views. (JUST BE CAUTIOUS OF THE CYCLISTS) Lots of bikes heading South early in the am. Eat breakfast in Prescott and headed home the same way. Got home around 11. 5.5 hr round trip. Could of spent the day checking out Prescott if you want to break up the trip a little bit, but had to get some work done. Highly recommended the drive. (Bring your radar and drive safe as I saw a couple of crosses on the side of the winding roads where people were not so lucky) Have fun and stay safe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

TomAZ likes this.
  7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    89A is one of the best driving roads in the country. I have been doing that drive since the '80's, when I first joined the PCA. It was the first drive that I attended and it's still great! You can continue on 89A out of Prescott to Jerome (Mingus Mountain) to Cottonwood, through Sedona and blast up Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff.

8. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Just so you know, you can't blast up from Sedona to Flagstaff anymore even in a 3/4 ton truck witout fear of loosing a wheel in one of the hundreds of potholes. Or from the hundreds of tourists.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The last time I had a clean shot from Sedona to Flagstaff was in 2010! The Sedona Chamber of Commerce and the town council have ruined the atmosphere in the town by going after 10s of 1000s of tourists. The locals try to have all their errands taken care of by Thursday, because the traffic is insane on the weekends.

10. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    My wife and I love Sedona look forward to driving the F430 in that area...

synchro likes this.
  11. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Sedona is not really a place you can enjoy driving as most people do not seem to know how to use roundabouts and traffic slows to a crawl most days. We have a house there and try to limit going anywhere unless its early in the morning or late in the day!

12. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #12 synchro, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Excellent choice, our Desert Region has a lot of beauty along fun roads.
    Why don't you stay 3 days after the meet and let locals show you the way on back roads?

www.DinoRally.com has a bit over a month before registration closes and we still have 6 spaces left, now open to all Ferraris - you do not need to own a Dino to attend, just an appreciation and respect for Dinos on the road. Unpack once for 3 nights and stay in the center of it all at Sedona with day trips to Route US 66, The Grand Canyon and Arizona mining towns.

I agree with your comments on Sedona, best seen by foot (or our free private hotel shuttle) so the whole trip is planned with fuel stops before and after Sedona and you do not ever need to take the Ferrari out except for Group Drives. I have rented the Sedona Amara Hotel's two 15 car parking structures. Our secure, private garage structures are only for us and directly across from Main Offices. You can enjoy Sedona knowing the Ferrari is safe in privat eparking structure directly across from Hotel Main Offices.

Volunteer led, $195 trip registration, all food is pay as you go (but we have organized group meal options), and we are getting a ~30% discount on rooms at The Sedona Amara
    https://be.synxis.com/?adult=1&arrive=2019-11-10&chain=13057&child=0&currency=USD&depart=2019-11-13&group=FCI&hotel=7509&level=hotel&locale=en-US&rooms=1

Please consider attending, availability as space permits.
    Any Q's?, email me at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Scott

Attached Files:

Nospinzone likes this.