Best part of owning a Ferrari is... But the worse is? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best part of owning a Ferrari is... But the worse is?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Aug 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Does this make us sad oh masochists ?

Bye the way ime getting further convinced that I might never sell, went for a blast today it is outstanding the pull from third gear right up through the rev range to 6000 and symphony was the sound. Aye cheers
    Regards
    Alastair

2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Okay - I'm going ahead and asking the same guidance as previously requested above in hopes that I have better luck this time around. Is there somewhere I can refer my interior guy to review prior to resorting to thermonuclear physics? Do I need some kind of secret handshake I am not aware of yet?

Thanks in advance.

3. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Keep it. Even if it hurts now keep it.

4. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    Plus List
    Beautifully Styled
    Nice performance
    Great sound and driving feedback

Minus List
    Constantly being distracted while driving by all the flashing breasts

5. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    Otto,
    Suggest you start a separate thread.
    I have never pulled the interior out of one.

6. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    No need for any special handshake, the back shelf can be removed. The trick is to keep it level and as low as possible and parallel as you move it out towards the front of the car it is made to just fit and if you get the wrong angle when removing you can get in to a situation where you cant move it without breaking or tearing interior.
    In summary just go very very slowly.
    Regards
    Alastair

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Gracias! I will post separately as to my interior redo once it gets started and wish me luck!

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Reviving an old thread while I was searching for something else... I recently moved down the street and it so happens that there are 2 European mechanics less than 2 blocks away from my new place, and within 300 yards of each other. Being that I own several other cars, I stopped by to check both shops.

So, the worst part of owning a Ferrari? When the guy working on a Mitsubishi Eclipse told me with a straight face that their hourly rate was $165.00 p/hr!

The other shop - 2 week waiting list to bring any car in - new customer or not!

9. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    If this guy is charging Mitsubishi Eclipse customers $165/hr. I'll bet he has problems with unclaimed cars.
    $165/hr., they had better be $%$^*% good at diagnostics.

10. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    No - that was his rate for Ferraris while honing their mad skills on rice burners! Didn't bother asking about their "regular" rate as, once I heard his bold statement, I couldn't keep a straight face and simply walked away...

11. dhs.buckley

dhs.buckley Rookie

May 3, 2016
    Interesting, all these things have been done to our 365 with limited expense.
    Clutch was replaced with a Toyota Dyna light truck clutch plate easy and inexpensive.
    Rear suspension components including self levelers rebuilt in Melbourne for less than $400
    Alternator belts changed in less than 2 hours available off the shelf in country Victoria
    Water pump, fuel pump and alternator never been touched current mileage 59,700.
    All leads replaced with original wire 5 hour job. Flexible fuel line replaced.
    starter motor is painfall though, 18 hours to get out removing exhaust and jacking the engine, but easy to repair, never failed again after 25 years.
    All labour was done at home though, not at a garage.