best eyeglasses lens? | FerrariChat

best eyeglasses lens?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Edward 96GTS, Mar 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    getting new progressive/transition lens. what is the best lens and nontinted coating available?

2. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    My most recent lenses were "Crizal" lenses...I'm very happy with them...well worth the extra cost in my opinion.

3. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    The best lenses are contacts.

4. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I should be more specific. The Air Optix contact lenses. They are deigned for long wear, FDA approved to be worn for 30 days. They are very comfortable. I take them out nightly, but have slept in them.

AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA Contact Lens | AirOptix.com

Its like wearing nothing at all. They are clearer over glasses. No glare at night. Better then any glasses for night driving. They stay in place better then glasses. You can buy any sunglasses you want and don't have to worry about being prescription. I've worn contacts for 20 years now. Never had problems. Some people develop eye infections, its common sense. Wash hands before putting in a clean lens and same for taking them out.

I believe contacts are close to having Lasik done.

5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    tried contacts. always felt like something was irritating my eye. plenty of rinsing rinsing rinsing. reinserting etc. just could not adapt.

6. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Happy with mine too. I also wear contacts.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Another vote for Crizal. They've done a good job keeping my glasses scratch free...T

8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    The higher end Zeiss progressives are also fantastic. That's all we sell.

Contacts are a different story. Air Optix N/D are good, but I think Biofinity's are more comfortable per patient response and feedback. I have good luck with the Proclear lens also, if they don't like Biofinity.

MDS

9. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I'm farsighted, with accommodative insufficiency. I wear progressive lenses, and I'm very particular about them.

I got a new prescription recently, and did some research on the latest tech in lenses. I ended up trying out Costco and their "HD Progressive" lenses. They make them in their own labs, and the reviews were extremely good.

I am thrilled with them. I put them in a new pair of Persols, and I think they may be the best lenses that I've ever had. Optically, they are fantastic. They don't seem to smudge as much as the other lenses that I've had, either.

Plus, they were cheap. I've spent >$1K on progressive lenses alone. These were $129 for the lenses (plus $200 for the frames). I'm thinking of buying another pair.

10. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Contacts are not for everyone. I've been wearing them for over 20 years. At first it was awkward, the old lenses of 20 years ago, not as comfortable as todays lenses.

I only use glasses for emergency wear.

I go with the Air Optix N/D, because I find them the most comfortable. Others could be different.

11. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    not a fan of contacts. i have had good luck with high end options from jcpenney and lens crafters more so the latter