BEST Driving Video Game?? | FerrariChat

BEST Driving Video Game??

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MRONY, Apr 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MRONY

MRONY Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mike O.
    OK: I need recommendations for the best driving sim for XBOX 360, and best control set... wheel, pedals (not the whole seat setup)... A game that offers sims of contemporary supercars and maybe some oldies, too.

Want a good track/street race game for while my 355 is in the shop. Let's hear it....

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Forza 3

[/thread]

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IMO not a single console game is actually that good sim wise. I think the 'best' X360 sim game is Forza 3. plenty of cars, real tracks etc. physics aren't that bad for a console.

But for the real deal you have to look at the pc.

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Forza 3 all they way

5. zaevor2000

zaevor2000 Formula 3

Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Frank Waugh
    One more vote for Forza 3.

The graphics are absolute eye candy. (also really cool to see the replay and see how your car looks on the different tracks in different locations).

I also like the fact that it has an in-cockpit view.

Whatever your choice I wish you a lot of enjoyment!

Frank

6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    +1

7. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    Yeah! A few years ago I liked to play with Grand Prix 3 a Formula One simulator.

What's comparable today? I prefer simulators than arcade type games ...

8. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    At this point Forza 3 gets my vote.

PDG

9. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It has to be Forza. 300+ cars and 100+ track variations. I was hooked for months when it came out, put it down for a while, just put it back in and now I can't stop playing. (haha that's what she said!)

But seriously... Forza 3. Get it.

10. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Without a doubt Forza 3. Nothing else for the 360 is even comparable..

11. CMartin348

CMartin348 Formula 3

Mar 18, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Full Name:
    Casey
    +1 on Forza 3, best racing game out there!

12. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    For PC:

rFactor
    Live For Speed (sometimes known as LFS)
    GTR
    iRacing

13. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I always felt that Gran Turismo is much better, but they are stock with Prologue GT5 and haven't release the whole simulator. I tried Forza and hated the driving dynamics.

14. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Do any of the PC driving games have vintage cars and races?

15. jlobee

jlobee Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    Los Angeles
  16. zaevor2000

zaevor2000 Formula 3

Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Frank Waugh
    One thing I always missed with the Gran Turismo series was the lack of exotic Lambos and Ferraris. I also hated having to spend half of the game in a tweaked-out ricer before I was able to get into any decent sports cars. Having said that, hell of a series!

I still prefer Forza 3 for the exotics!

YMMV.

For the 360 platform it is the best console game out there...

For the PC, GT Legends gives you an idea of just HOW dangerous it was driving in the 60s. Great sim...

Frank

17. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007

Luckily, GT5 has both Lambos and Ferraris this time, including the 458 Italia, along with several other exotic marques like Pagani and Bugatti. The only major license it's missing is Porsche. But it will have Ruf automobiles.

PC sims are undoubtedly the most realistic, but I think GT series is good fun. The graphics in the latest iteration are breathtaking. The interior cockpit model detail and accuracy is unparalleled. The attention to detail, 16 cars on track, weather, damage, and the lighting model with day/night races is incredible. Kaz is working to exceed expectations. There is a lot of stuff we haven't seen yet. I can't wait to see the wind tunnel. Hopefully we get a solid release date announcement at E3 this year.

18. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
  19. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Ah, that's one I forgot, I played it, and IMO I didn't like it. It looked great, but it was glitchy for me, probably on my end. I suggest downloading the demos for some of them, and trying it out.

20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I played the Grand Prix Series from 1-4! it was a shame Sony was awarded exclusive rights to F1 games from 2002-2008 :(

Codemasters new F1 game will be out in Sept :D

Thread here with pics and vid!
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281329

21. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    For now Forza 3 still gets my vote although when F1 2010 comes out, Forza won't see the light of day for months. I' am also considering buying a Ps3 just for GT5, it's a bit brash I know but it looks like it will knock Forza into the middle of next week when it comes out.

If I were Turn 10 I'd start bringing out updates not only for cars but for more tracks (that people want this time) and not only 1 in 1 pack too. Also for the likes of tyre smoke needs tuning as well cause there just isn't enough of it.

22. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Whoa, those graphics look amazing!

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well there's your answer :D

rfactorcentral.com, a HUGE database with more or less all mods for Rfactor for download. Some mods are incredibly good. The original cars with the game didn't do anything for me, made it feel arcadey. Most mods are good enough to make it feel like a simulation game...there's a reason Red Bull uses it as a base for their factory simulator!
    Same here, played the lot of them! Back at the 2002 AutoRai in Holland someone had a GP3 simulator set up, with a real cockpit etc. I was there on the second to last day at set the quickest lap of everyone (over 5000 people had a go at the time) and won a 1/10 scale car. The guy emailed me a day after saying no one beat me at all so I could choose a second 1/18 car :D.

24. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    DIRT for 360 and PS3.

No kidding, it's gives you real adrenalin some times. Going 160 mph through the woods and fighting for seconds on a long long course never wears out! Everything seems slow and easy after this one.

25. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Dirt 2 is a great game, but in no way comes close to the physics modeling that FM3 and GT5 have.