Best Colorado Mountain snow car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best Colorado Mountain snow car

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by scycle2020, Oct 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    You can get long term parking for a year for $1500 at a parking service just beyond where the car rental companies are. They provide shuttle service from your car to the terminal. This for a non covered space, so a snow shovel or two would be handy in the car..

2. ferg

ferg Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    We love our 2008 Pathfinder, and really liked our 2006 Xterra (same chassis) for 20k it would be my choice.

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Our 2009 Outback XT is pretty quick and with the Sport Prime (S#) is really quick. We got the Outback bcus the Forrester XT did not come with a stick in 09 and my wife will not drive an automatic. The Outback is as fast or faster than the 04 Forrester.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    I have the opposite problem- my wife cant- wont drive a stick , so we need to go with an automatic....if money were no object we would get a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S-- drove my friends and it has 5 second 0-60 acceleration with sport sedan handling...nice quiet ride and a very nice interior...

5. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    I prefer the old trusty Toyota 4 Runner. I am from Grand Lake, Colorado, and even at 40 below it always starts, it's never been stuck, I run the Bridgestone ATV Revo's on it, and it goes, goes and goes... The wife drives the Sequoia, same set up.

6. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    The 4 runners are indestructible. so are sequoias.....

7. skierlawyer

skierlawyer Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Golden, CO
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #32 skierlawyer, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2005 Forester XT (turbo) w/ stick. Studded snow tires. Best snow car I've ever driven, period. I fit my skis inside the car w/ one rear seat down. Room for all the gear you would ever need and three people. The car is very predictable in snow and goes up the mountains effortlessly in 5th gear. Owned since new now with 105,xxx miles and never a single problem. Heated seats and climate controls are very nice. Can't say enough.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    we are currently leaning toward a turbo Forrestor...btw, love the 911...it looks like a 964??

9. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    04/05 are probably the best Foresters. They look sweet, really aggressive in black and a lot of fun! Go for it, you won't be disappointed

10. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Having owned / still own, Wranglers, XTerras, and Audis, and being a former CO resident, I would recommend an XTerra post 2006 with a stick. Getting rid of ours for an Allroad is the biggest car mistake I have ever made. My sis and I both have ARs, and both have had the almost certain problem of having to replace suspension air bags. Don't do it. Forester would be a great choice too!

Relatedly, I used to work at a Toyota dealer in the Denver area about 7 years ago, and did you know, that since Denver is considered in the "Southwest" territory - they build and deliver a higher percentage of white and tan colored cars for your market? That is precisely the reason why you see so many of them on dealer lots, and at times, will get a discount just for taking a light colored car. It does happen, it happened at our place. $250 off a new 4Runner just because it was white. Why don't car companies realize that Colorado is a market all it's own, with nuances that serve VERY few other places in the US.....save maybe Vermont? Build sticks, CO wants 'em. Bring the Allroad back (without an air suspension) CO wants it! Did you Audi fans also know that there is an A4 Allroad version for Europe? And for God's sake, let Coloradans (sp?) buy dark colored cars!!

Sorry for the rant.

11. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Hmmm, haven't driven one, but what about a Toyota Venza AWD? I also think the new Accord CrossTours look cool.

12. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I've been in every deep snow and ice condition imaginable. I will always drive the Totota Sienna van with studded snow tires. You'l never be stranded.