Best airline to fly to canada? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best airline to fly to canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Robb, Aug 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well, I have not flown Emirates yet and my buds that have rave of course. Nor Singapore and I look forward to that also.
    I remember as a kid New Zealand airlines, ( not the same as it use to be) and British airways were tops.

I'm talking general airline experience, AC is tops.

2. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    LOL. Sorry for your bad experiences. When we are talking about the regular bus ride, AC is tough to beat. Some times you run in to real hags and I get that but reach out once in a while and tell them what an amazing job there doing and watch the civil benefits pour in. If you had to deal with a bunch of sucky and frustrated individuals all day, you would be cranky too. Remember this, they are human being with feelings and not your personal maid. I know sometimes you run into some real beauties as I said but the days of the HOT only Stewardess ( BTW, you can't call them that anymore) are gone. Keep calm and carry on, is definitely the phrase to live by in modern air travel.

3. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Ward Air was awesome! Wow that goes waaaaaay back!

+5 for anti AC. Horrible customer service and attitude like what do people have to complain about were the best (absolutely not!). West jet has been good for me. Also found Air Transat not too bad.

4. Whoopsy

Whoopsy Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2012
    Vancouver, BC

AC is tough to beat? Hmm.

WJ got it beat in every category. Not even a fair fight.

But rudeness is baked into the Air Canada culture. Union mentality. I know, cause I have many friends who worked for AC, be it pilots or cabin attendants.

And who is discussing hot stewardess? IF I want that I fly Emirates.

5. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    When I say hot stewardesses ( which is a compliment), I mean the type that are attractive but do their best to give their customers a great experience and always have a smile on their face, are compassionate and let you congregate at the galley or rear of the craft without giving a hard time. I have run into the biggest *****es in the world at AC that are even provocative in looking for trouble. You have to look at what may be going on in the persons life or be able to read people to make things easier for yourself for the flight.
    Even the Westjet way of enthusiasm has waned quite a lot Since their early days. WestJet doesn't do long haul but if they did, I guarantee you would have a serious reassessment of the situation.
    Emirates doesn't fly to everywhere I go and certainly not direct.
    How often do you fly?

6. AndrewG2

AndrewG2 Karting

Feb 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    I routinely fly Vegas to Vancouver and Victoria. I find Westjet to be friendlier but AC has Airbus 320s that are so much more comfortable/quieter than WJ 7x7s. I mostly book based on my schedule but prefer AC.

7. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    LOL...

But seriously: Alitalia of course!

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I'm more concerned about the plane arriving, have some of you seen some of those people walking the grounds as you sit in your seat waiting for take off ;)

I have been traveling this summer a bit , and the flight seats have gotten more tight, but I think that 's because many of us have been eating to many festive specials from Swiss chalet as the seats seem to be the same size from years ago :)

9. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    I don't bother worrying about the plane or ground crew, I worry about the service. Cause if it's going to be my last service it better be good service ;)

10. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    as a candian myself, I agree A/C is good, BUT, I've never had a stewardess under 60 yrs old,,

11. maxflynn

maxflynn Karting

Feb 9, 2015
    GTA
    Full Name:
    David
    Just got back from roundtrip YYZ - LAS. AC rouge. Worst seats in history of asses. Attendant were good enough, although the staff at the gates - esp. in Vegas were not that clever. On the ride back, boarding wasn't called properly, and the overheads couldn't hold anyone luggage. On the other hand, in May came back from LAX on regular AC (not rouge), on a dreamliner, paid extra $30 or so for the more legroom, excellent aircraft.

AC rouge is junk
    AC Boeing Dreamliner is great
    Westjet - crew standing around waiting for the next fatty to be rolled

12. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That,s unfortunate. I highly recommend the younger ones. Waaay more flexible, fun and energetic. ;-]

13. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Hoping to be on the AC dreamliner again on Monday

14. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That's a great bird. Where you going? UK? I just got back yesterday but I was on a triple.

15. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    No Vancouver, grabbed it from Toronto last time I flew there. It was a great surprise

16. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    United is the worst !!! Ethiopian airways Is just as bad .

17. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great destination on a great bird!

Safe flight.

18. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Got the Dreamliner! Beautiful flight

19. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Really like that plane. to the bwst of my knowledge AC flies only the 777 or 787 to vancouver

i just got a 737 to vancouver on westjet coming up.Flew toronto to calgary to lethbridge back to calgary onto winnipeg and home on friday. All air canada and no complaints here. edging closer to 75k status.

our benefits are garbage compared to the united states.

20. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    We flew back on an A320, had the emerg exit rows both ways and the 320 felt like we were in a cold war era Russian Aeroflot plabe compared to the Dreamliner.

21. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #46 PureEuroM3, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow you got me on that one. didnt know that plane most likely becausei fly primetime. I flew the 320 to Calgary.Anything after the 787 feels like that. Try ridinf on this bird.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Lol, besides a bunch of Porter flights closest I got to something like that was a Cambodia Air ATR 72, a couple fellow passengers kissed the ground when we got out. They were having fun, but expressed how a lot of us were feeling lol. It was an experience that's for sure.

[​IMG]

23. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    That looks like a dream liner next to this!

The beechcraft has 1 row on each side 9 rows in length holding 18 passangers. The atr72 says it holds 65.

24. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    65 very concerned passengers lol. One weird thing was we boarded through the rear doors as the baggage hold was between the cockpit and us. Strange set up for a plane.

25. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Got to fly Westjet back from Calgary in the Plus section and it worked out just fine. I liked it better than Air Canada for the service and general ops.

Robb