Besides 0-60 | FerrariChat

Besides 0-60

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by boxerman, Aug 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    We're all really exicted about the new vette, and it looks great.
    I wonder besides the 0-60 how does a longer heavier vette drive, and whats it like to drive compared to rivals.

We shall see soon I suppose, but to me how it goes is at least as important as spec and looks.

2. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Wait and see, I guess. The Hellcat goes off lease next April which should the time to pick up a cheap 2019 1LZ Z51, if I fit. OT - the last Zr1's just went $10k rebate. God bless GM. Hate to have bought a ZR1 in July!

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m sure it will be a great sports car. If pure performance is the goal wait a year for Z06.

4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I'm worried about it's length :(

A potentially bad polar moment is certainly mitigated by the central engine placement ... but how "central" is it (including rear differential)?

I agree with boxerman ... the jury is still out, until some real, objective tests are in.

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Its got to be better than lets see: the many MR2's I survived, my 84 Ruf turbo that WANTED to kill you every time you drove it. Any number of 911's I have had and had to learn how to respect. MG's driven on bald tires in the rain, to high school.
    C8 will be better. -And safer.

werewolf likes this.
  6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Here's a nice comparison from Motor1 of C1 thru C8 models.

I wouldn't expect the 1/2" longer wheelbase to have much effect on turning circle in the real world situations such as the ability to negotiate in parking lots. Some people might notice the 2.2" increased width in their garages.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

thecarreaper and Jo Sta7 like this.