Bentley Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bentley Thread

Discussion in 'British' started by Bronzage, Mar 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Interesting info considering i've been wondering what my next DD will be. I was very close to a '08 MB CL550 decision but for a few dollars more I can have a Bentley? hmmm now you got me looking agin.

Thanks for spiinning me around (again)

2. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    i prefer the 4 door Arnage over the GT and it seems the 2005 is in my price range of, not to exceed 80k, Is an '04 and an '06 essentially the same car as far as maintenance and features are concerned or is there a btter year to stick with?

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I did a little research and I wanted your opinion on a:

2002 Bentley Arnage T - 21k miles and an asking price of 60K?

I've already decided on the Arnage, its just the year i need to discover.

TIA

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    '05 and '06 have some significant updates over '04.
    They also have the new freshened styling (front end,headlights) that gave them the same look as last year of production.
    I would stick with '05 or newer.
    Btw,'07 has new 6 speed tranny and 50hp more...

5. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Yes since posting that i've since learned some more and i prefer the '05 head light look over the '04, besides that, i'm going to stick with as new as i can justify paying approach. I believe if i wait till late fall or early winter i can get into one for 70K, less than 30k miles with a fresh service.

Thanks for the help!

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #31 enjoythemusic, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    For those concerned about snow and ice... just wait until you put some Blizzak LM60 tires on her and drive in the snow. LOTS of fun and still FAST on snow covered roads! ABS can be a bit to 'nanny' in the snow yet light brake works fine to slow her down without getting ABS to interfere. Frankly, the CGT was far and away better in the snow than the 2008 Ford F250 Superduty with all-terrain tires and 600 lbs of sand in the bed. You're going to have a GREAT time in the Bentley no matter if it is rain, sun or snow :)

And the heated seats will keep you toasty as you get an occasional back massage during a long winter trip :)

PS: The heated windshield wipers and washer fluid makes life easy too. If the snow is REALLY high like it gets here (over 4-inches even when they try to plow the roads every few hours) just electronically raise the car's ride height while basking in the comfort of the driver's seat.

7. mixxalot@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    I am looking at eventually getting either a Bentley GT, Aston Martin DB9 or Maserati Gran Turismo S as my next DD car. What a perfect garage- a nice Ferrari like a F430 and a Bentley!

8. AlfaR

AlfaR Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric Paxson
    I have an '08 Arnage T. 2005+ have the better looking body. 2007+ have the 6 speed out of the Flying Spur as well as new Bosch engine management and much better turbo chargers. It is not a modern car by any means and they do not drive particularly well. There are plenty of cars you can buy without driving but this is one that you 100% need to drive before you buy. Its faults add to the charm of the car and the craftsmanship is unbelievable. I love the VERY audible whistle of the turbos as you cruise a long.

The brakes and the suspension wear out faster than on other cars so when you buy one make sure to check those areas because the parts are relatively expensive.

9. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Anyone have pics of the color Arabica on the benltey Cont or Muslanne?

10. BentleyKWT

BentleyKWT Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Bentley KWT
    Bentley is the best true luxury that car money buy. Period.

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My wife has a new Continental. I drove it last night. She loves it and I think it's great.

12. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Got a GTC 2 months ago, loving it!

13. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    The latest Flying Lady (RR/Bentley owners club magazine) has a great article on a very rare and original 2-door continental coupe made in 1948.

It was called the "Cresta" Bentley - they were made on continental gear with custom bodies IIRC by Franet. This one was designed by Batista Farina, and it is still in completely original unrestored condition.

It looks to me a lot like a great big, black, early 50s Cisitalia coupe.

14. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Bumping this thread. The more I look in to Bentley the cooler the marque gets. Saw a Continental GT with a Mulliner interior, just amazing.

15. joba

joba Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    NY
    #40 joba, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wow can you tell us why you traded and any regrets of switching?
    I know it's a totally different driving experience....but do tell
    I'm considering a 430 vs CGT for the wife...

17. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    hey guys looking to but a 00-05 Azure, anything other than the usual service that I need to be aware of, I know all cars have their little quirks, but I am talking items of major that should have been replaced or extra attention given. I know in my past MBZ cars its always been the AC and transmissions, seems Mercedes just can;t get it right.

18. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    That's beautiful... Enjoying life, right there...

19. joba

joba Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    NY
    I have no regrets whatsoever.By the way my 430 sold in two weeks. Im 50 and have a five year old. I found the only time I used the 430 was by myself. The GTC is fast and offers a wider range of driving experience. The interior is superior to the 430, The comfort is superior, I like that its a little less conspicuous than the 430, The fit and finish is better , The radio Nav bluetooth ect.. better. For a third car I am thinking about a 599. The 599 is a little more mature for my age. You do miss that Ferrari experience.

20. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    I have also watched that episode. The new Mulsanne is so beautiful. They are doing such a good job building the brand. They are selling a huge amount of cars and still making them very desirible. The only down fall is deprication. However a $350,000 Mulsanne in five years is going to be a great buy.

21. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Done well mate it looks gorgeous!

Did you spec it yourself or buy direct from dealer?

Michael

22. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Congratulations, Bronzage! Lovely interior.

23. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Thanks guys, I specced it myself last year, I took delivery of it just 10 days ago. She's a lovely car.

Mj

24. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    I went to a fantastic event Bentley had here for the new GT. Nice changes to the car and the event was truly first class. What a great brand. I have had my GT 5 years and still love it! I am considering trading it in for a California, but if I pass, then I will just replace it with a new Bentley in a few years.