Bentley Arnage Genealogy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bentley Arnage Genealogy

Discussion in 'British' started by Bradwilliams, Apr 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    If you are still looking, try to find any post 2007.
    Not just more power and better (5 speed trans.), numerous improvements make that one the most satisfying to drive and most reliable of the entire production run.

2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#27 Bradwilliams, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Just glancing this thread over again and I do have a theory on a big reason why the 6.75l has the cooling issues. Everybody knows that BMW prides themselves on using the worst and cheapest cooling system setups of any carmaker and the arnage also has the plastic radiator. While the 7 has the crappy waterpumps and thermostats that only last 60k, the Rolls motor does not. But I'd have to imagine that the owners of the Arnage reds may not notice the coolant leaking from the radiator right away. It starts very slowly then begins to worsen over the span of about 3-4 months. You'll then notice the needle start moving around. So you will basically be driving around with low coolant for months without knowing. Just a thought. So anyone looking for one of these should install that aftermarket aluminum radiator the second you get the keys to the car. (I regret not doing this in my 7 series when I bought it). They say it taxes the engine gaskets on the 7 as well. Obviously the Red label motor will be harmed more due to its size an the radiator already being to small.

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Anybody here have current experience with what it takes to run an 03 and up arnage. Problem areas to look for. If omne does regualr maintanance do they work, and what is regular maintainance, also what are the things that pretty much always go wrong.

Im really tempted.

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Every subsequent model had improvements over the previous model, 2007 and on, had the most dramatic changes and therefore is the most desirable