Benjamin Miles Keaton & Corey Nicholas Rudl - Tribute Thread | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Benjamin Miles Keaton & Corey Nicholas Rudl - Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by SilverF20C, Jun 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nikkis34

nikkis34 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 17, 2004
    SF
    Full Name:
    M. K. Nijjer
  2. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    John of all the tributes I have read this was simply the best thought provoking and moving sentiment - thank you.

EDIT - I hope you don't mind but I have posted it in the UK tribute thread.

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow. I am in a state of disbilef. I remember him posting about his CGT at a car meet. With a car like that I don't know how I could be as humble as him about it. So down to earth. The world is at a loss. My heart goes out to his friends and family. RIP

4. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Your map looks exactly like TMS in Dallas. We had a similar incident last fall when a new Vette hit the wall just past pit out because he lifted at very high speed while transiting the chicane. I understand that both the driver and passenger were seriously injured as a consequence. I am not sure that the car exiting the pit out is entirely to blame unless he accelerated up the banking which besides being stuped is not that easy to do as it unsettles the car if its done at TMS before turn 2.

fFom a depth of ignorance of course...but pit exits are always difficult even with a marshall. I have just survived the 12 hour at the Point event and getting out of those pits at night with 3 Miatas abreast down the straight and heading for you while accelerating with 9 million candlepower of lights bearing down...wll you get the picture.

I any event, tragic tragic but at least he was happy doing something he clearly loved.

5. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    It is times like this that we as individuals suddenly forget all the minor problems that we get so worked up about, and remember that there is so much more to life.

To Ben and Corey's families, my prayers are with you, I pray and know that you will hav the strength to go on... that I am sure is what Ben and Corey would have wanted even though i do not know them personally. I can only say that I know this as a father to my own 3 beautiful children, a son to my parents and a husband to my dear wife.

My and my families prayers are with you all in this incredible time of loss.....

6. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    My deepest condonlences for Ben, Corey & their family.
    Never meet Ben but he was really helpfull when I need advises.

7. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    My sincerest condolences go out to all the friends, family, co-workers, and everyone who's lives they touched both in person and on the net. Though I never knew them personally, as a fellow enthusiast I feel the loss. God called home two of his sons but even though they may physically not be here with us, they still live on in our hearts and memories. You are both in my prayers. I am sure they are both smiling down upon us right now. RIP

8. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I chated with Ben once on this forum, talking about his car. That one time we chated, he made me laugh. He seemed like a very kind man. Altought I live so far away and only knew him as a fellow ferrarichat.com member, I feel the loss.

RIP BEN - COREY

-Kyle.

9. bhuta

bhuta Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    All,
    I just talked with Charlotte. The details for Ben’s memorial service are as follows.

El Camino Memorial Park
    5600 Carroll Canyon Rd.
    San Diego CA 92121

11:00 am – noon: Viewing

Noon - about 1:30pm Memorial service

A reception will be held after the service.

Charlotte told me to express to everyone that she would like everyone who would like to attend the memorial service, viewing and reception. Ben would have wanted to be around all of his friends.

If you need any more information please do not hesitate to call me. 619-838-8897

- Dave Bhuta

10. bhuta

bhuta Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    The memorial will be on Wed. this week.

11. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Wow, I just walked into this thread and now I'm very sad. RIP to Ben and Corey. I didn't know ben but I can tell he was a great guy. Man, this is horrible. My condolences go out to both their families.

RIP.

12. trybaljedi

trybaljedi Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Rest in Peace Ben.

13. bhuta

bhuta Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    All,
    Just FYI, Ben's family has requested that the atire for the memorial service will be extreamly casual. The said shorts and a t-shirt, in true Ben style. Having Black on is not necissary.

- Bhuta

14. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Rest in peace fellas.

15. 13BeastREW

13BeastREW Rookie

Jun 6, 2005
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Full Name:
    Raudaun Long
    I have no direct affiliation to Ferrari's, just a love of cars and racing. I'm an twin turbo RX-7 driver and came across mention of this incident on my home forum at www.rx7club.com.

Obviously I don't know anyone who was involved but in only imagining what was experienced from Ben and Corey's positions as well as the perspective of the Ferrari driver, the track official and other witnesses, I know I wouldn't be able to complete my day without offering my condolences.

You seem like a very tight knit group of people, uncommon indeed. I'm sure that as many of you as possible will attend the funeral. I can do nothing more than wish to attend.

Rest In Peace and God Bless.

16. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    My God.

It really is over in a blink isn't it?

A tragic reminder to take stock of what is important.

Rest In Peace Ben and Corey.

17. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Kevan, no problem, John

18. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Very sad indeed!!

19. turbo6

turbo6 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Trevor
  20. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Extremely sorry to hear :( . It's crazy how things in life can change in such an instant

My prayers to each family.

21. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

22. M3 Pete

M3 Pete Rookie

Jun 6, 2005
    So Cal
    Hi folks,

I'm a regular over on www.bimmerforums.com, and a link to this thread made it into the Track forum over there. Although there are a few looking to find blame, the general consensus is dismay and compassion for these two guys that none of us ever knew, even online.

As a father of a newborn (my second child was born June 1), it's hard to look at that baby girl sitting in Ben's car without a tear welling up in my eye. I have a picture of my two-year-old son sitting behind the wheel in my car, and can't help but wonder ... could it happen to me?

It's difficult to see a fellow auto enthusiast die or be injured on a track, particularly at a club day or driving school. These are supposed to be fun days, driving your car the way it was designed to be driven, without the typical SUV driver on the cell phone eating an In 'N Out burger while changing lanes without looking cutting you off on the freeway. The few track days I've had (including the big track at Fontana) are among the best days of my life. Which, I suppose, is why we go out to tracks with our cars.

I could ramble on some more about the importance of "today," don't take life for granted, etc., but I'll sign off with my condolences to Ben and Corey's families. My heart is heavy with your loss.

Peter

23. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    will someone be at the symbolic meet next sunday who will have more stickers? i would definitely like a few. if there will be someone at least one of the following 3 events with more decals, that would be awesome:
    symbolic 6/12, CC 6/18, carlsbad 6/25. thanks guys.

24. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My apolgies if this has already been noted...

Hello Everyone,

Here's the info on Ben Keaton's memorial service. If you would like to attend, I'm sure that Charlotte would very much appreciate your support....

Memorial Service:

Wed. June 8

El Camino Memorial Park
    5600 Carroll Canyon Rd.
    San Diego CA 92121

11:00 am - noon: Viewing

Noon - about 1:30pm Memorial service

A reception will be held after the service.

Charlotte told me to express to everyone that she would like everyone who would like to attend the memorial service, viewing and reception. Ben would have wanted to be around all of his friends. Also the family told me that the dress will be extremely casual, shorts and a t-shirt, true Ben style. Having black on is not necessary.

Craig

Hello Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Steve Bischel, and he informed me that Corey's service will be on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. at La Jolla Country Club. The family would like to invite anyone who might be interested in attending to come to the service. If anyone has any questions, please contact me and I'll try to answer them for you as best I can.

Craig