Benjamin Miles Keaton & Corey Nicholas Rudl - Tribute Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Benjamin Miles Keaton & Corey Nicholas Rudl - Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by SilverF20C, Jun 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

John,

These are my same thoughts, well put.

Scott

2. bhuta

bhuta Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    All
    I am sorry I have not been on the comp. this afternoon; I was with Ben’s wife helping, talking, running errands… I have a couple things to share with everyone. First Charlotte would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and words during this time. She appreciates the outpour of help and support from everyone. She and Parker are doing well and we finally convinced Charlotte to get some sleep. She has received tons of flowers, so she has asked for people not to send flowers anymore.
    Second, many people have been asking about a memorial fund or something. I discussed this with Charlotte. She would like to take a collection and donate the money to an orphanage in Mexico in Ben’s name. This is what Ben would have wanted. Just another tribute to what a great guy Ben was. As some of you know Ben played soccer with a bunch of us. Ben was always gracious enough to pay for the entire team every season. He only asked that we donate money to this charity or one of our choice. He was such an awesome guy and the world will miss him. Charlotte and I are working out the details of how to collect money. I will post something in the next couple of days with details.
    Third: The location of the memorial service is confirmed:

El Camino Memorial Park
    5600 Carroll Canyon Rd.
    San Diego CA 92121

The date and time have not been confirmed but the family is aiming to have it on Wednesday sometime. The plans will be solidified this Sunday and I will post the exact details as soon as I know them.

Fourth: I plan on coming to CC tomorrow with two of Ben’s other really good friends. We will be passing out cards for everyone to sign so I can take them back to Charlotte the same day.

Again, if you have any questions please feel free to call me at any time.

619-838-8897

Thanks,

David Bhuta

3. bhuta

bhuta Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    On the other thread you can donate money. This pot of $ will be split 50 50 between the two families.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Very, very sad. If I recall correctly, the Jens and Amar accident was two years ago.

Folks, please be careful out there. All this stuff about living for the minute is bs if tomorrow never comes.

Dr "The Sky Is Crying" Who

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hey, welcome back......

6. azbobbybooshay10

Jun 4, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby Patricca
    On behalf of the members of 1320stangs.com (Arizona Mustang group), az240sx.org (Arizona Nissan 240SX group), and Arizona NECO (Arizona New Edge Cougar Owners), I would like to offer my thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Sometimes attitudes are different between different "car genre's" (import, domestic, exotic, etc.), but we all know we are CAR ENTHUSIASTS!!! Whether we drive a Hyundai or a Ferrari, a Chevy or a Porsche, a Honda or a Lambo, we all share one thing: our love for cars.

So whenever one of us loses our life enjoying our cars, its a tragedy for the entire car community. IMO, the car hobby is the greatest hobby in the world, but it is also a dangerous one. From a battery exploding in your face to crashing while at the track, the dangers are there all the time. And sometimes, even after all proper precautions are made, an incident can occur, and its all over in the blink of an eye.

Everyone, be safe out there.

Once again, my condolences to everyone involved. I'll be saying an extra couple prayers tonight.

Bobby Patricca
    Website Administrator, Arizona NECO (azneco.com)
    Member: 1320stangs.com, az240sx.org, 240sxforums.com.

7. IkeWRX

IkeWRX Rookie

Jun 4, 2005
    I'm new to the forum and could probably never hope to afford a Ferrari, Carrera GT, or any supercar. However this thread struck a nerve and I felt compelled to sign up and reply. It wasn't so much that someone lost their life in a car accident (unfortunately it's not uncommon on car forums) as it was reading some of Ben's posts.

Ben seemed to be a car enthusiast first and foremost, had a wit about him, was helpful to other enthusiasts, and wasn't swayed by image, prestige, or a brand name as much as just loving the experience driving a fun car; whatever car. That is something any enthusiast can relate to and respect whether they drive a Hyundai, Subaru, or 500k supercar.

Having witnessed a karting accident right in front of me back when I raced 125cc shifter karts that involved a fatality I can just picture myself being at the trackday and the overall feel and atmosphere. It was terribly sad but even at that young age I was wise enough to take solace in the fact that the person died doing something they loved. That's the one thing about his very sad event that gives me a glimmer of happiness. Ben and Corey died doing something they loved. Not many of us will go out that way when our time comes. Given the choice I bet many of us would like it to be that way; while doing something we love rather than of some horrible illness or random accident.

My deepest condolences to the families and may both Ben and Corey rest in peace.

In addition there are many enthusiasts that are sending well wishes and condolences that will never be seen here. So on behalf of ClubWRX and RX-8Club I extend our deepest sympathies.

Regards,
    Ike

8. Turbo

Turbo Rookie

Jun 4, 2005
    Deepest condolences to the two families.

Have someone pics of Ben and Corey with their cars to post so that what we can remind the more happy days....

9. Braeden

Braeden Karting
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2005
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Braeden M
    the sadness has been felt across the world, and these men will never be forgotten, celebrate their lives, and remember the times that were spent with these men,

godbless

10. ferrari_f50_2@hotmail.com

BANNED

Sep 9, 2004
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    these things are never easy, time heals all wounds
    my deepest condolences

11. el Carnicero

el Carnicero Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2005
    West of Laramie
    I am sorry I never knew these men.

I did, however, certainly know of Corey. He was one of very few internet marketing gurus who had the remarkable genius to attain superstar status in his industry. [e.g., http://www.gurudaq.com/ ] From reading the comments here it is obvious that his expertise was not limited to busineess success but extended through all aspects of his life.

"The pain of losing them is the price we pay for having had the joy of knowing them." This statement reflects how I emotionally and philosophically reconcile these tragedies.

Prayers of comfort to their families and friends.
    Ben & Corey - Vaya con Dios

Tom

12. superbimmer

superbimmer Karting

Jan 12, 2003
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thought I'd include this link: http://www.remembercorey.com/

My condolences to both families. As a ballroom dancer, we always say that when it is our time to go, we want it to be on the dance floor. Ben & Cory ... may God be with you!

Bill

13. IlyaRU

IlyaRU Karting

May 2, 2005
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    I never knew the two men but this still very sad to hear. My best wishes to their families and their loved ones.

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Very sad news. My sincerest condolences to their family and friends.

15. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    This tragedy has affected the whole automotive society and mourns for the loss. I do not know if this is a repost of this memorial site, but saw it on another forum.

http://www.kozmanautos.com/benlj.htm

16. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Very sad to hear this.

My deepest condolensces to the families

Costantino

17. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I wasn't familiar with either of them before this, but it hit me in the hardest way because no one deserves anything like that and especially here in the Fchat Family. I had been planning on CC all week and it just would've been too hard to go. To top it off, me and my girlfriend's dog got ran over yesterday infront of us. It's been a hard week for all...

-to every dark night, there's a bright day.

18. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #193 TG, Jun 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    instead of going to CC today I decided to make this, I do graphic design commercially and this is what I came up...I felt like I had to do something. If anyone want's this in hi-res, let me know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. fj0

fj0 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mario B
    My deepest condolences. :(

20. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #195 TG, Jun 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. fj0

fj0 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mario B
  22. addixion

addixion Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    SoCal
    My condolences to both of the families of both of these men.

R.I.P.

23. RedlineShifter

RedlineShifter Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Souther California
    Full Name:
    Scott Perry
    I have chatted with Ben on this forum and others, he was always very helpful and nice, never met him in person. Corey I have met many times through the past years, we are both in the Internet business.

Sad to see you two go. My condolencences to the families.

To all the others out there, hug your kids and wife every day!

24. brunner

brunner Karting

May 3, 2004
    Romania
    Full Name:
    C. Salagean
  25. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    I am truly sorry that Ben & Corey lost their lives so tragically. May their families find comfort that they were well loved, and shared their knowledge of cars, and even giving rides in their cars so willingly.

Parker, your daddy didn't leave you on purpose, I hope you know that. I lost my daddy too, before his time. Photos, pictures, videos of him will let you see how full of life he was, and how much he meant to everyone. And how much YOU meant to him! He had planned to watch you take your first steps, and watch you graduate High School, then College, and marry.

Know he will always be there in spirit. He is always in your heart, to spur you on when you are down, and share each of your triumphs.

When I accomplish things that I am proud of, I look up, and smile at my daddy, and show him what I've done, and tell him about it. I know he can always hear me.

{{{hugs}}}

Julie