Before and After Pictures! Bust Them Up!!! | Page 38 | FerrariChat

Before and After Pictures! Bust Them Up!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DrStranglove, Jul 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just kayaked 13.8 miles today with NO current in 7.5 hours. My upper body is killing me, but man what a work out!

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #927 575Mike, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just had my 51st birthday and I'm down about 59 pounds of fat since the first of the year and my % boday fat is about 10%.

Here I am on my birthday Friday doing a tire work out. My PT is fantastic. We do a weights, bands, boxing, and aerobics. A lot of stretching. Focus on nutrition.

Glen knows how hard to push me; how to work around nagging injuries which my age flare up often.

Glen is lifting wtih an 865 pound tire...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uNe7xiMl9s&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    No reason to do the tire stuff at your age imo. Lots of lower back stress......

4. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    #929 Ryan S., Sep 11, 2012
    Getting back into the game after a rough few months(Change of career because of a medical reason, change of relationship, simply tired for a while). Figure yall will motivate to get in there everyday....

6ft

Always have eaten pretty well. Try to keep coke out of the diet, drink lots of water, etc.

Only supplements are a multi vitamin, biotin, and zinc.

Biggest vice is fast food and vodka but I am able to limit that.

Also need to work on my sleeping.

Heres the before...

5. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #930 575Mike, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Ryan, I don't train with tires; more of a way to celebrate my birthday! I know how to lift it properly, and I've built a strong core. Thanks for the tip, though. :)

6. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Why not train an unconventional ways it can on it can only make him better. 50 is not that old. In my cross fit class there are a few people in their late 50s and can out do people 20 years younger

7. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I simply think there are more natural(movements) ways to achieve the same type of strength. Ya flipping a tire is cool but there is no real practical reason for it. The movement is also very unnatural for really any body no matter the age. The body is a machine and it does wear out if not properly oiled or worked....

8. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Nothing wrong with that.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
  11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Great work, Rob!

Now you are half-beast.

12. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Thanks Ryan I may be half the size but feel like I am twice the beast of before. Yesterday I was snowboarding with my 11yo daughter hooked an edge and did 4 cartwheels down the mountain, laughed it off got up and kept going. This morning I did not even feel any soreness from the tumble.

Now I just need to start toning up now that I just moved to SLC now it istime to get a gym membership and step it up even more.

13. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
  14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #940 PureEuroM3, Feb 7, 2013
  15. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    lmaof!!!

16. ITR TCHR

ITR TCHR Karting

Aug 1, 2012
    Southern CA
    My post would be backwards.

A healthy strong 217lbs @ 5'11 to a scrawny and weak 173lbs with barely any body fat lost in the 40+ lbs loss.

17. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Time for a bump.
    My last post in this thread was over two years ago. I wasn't eating much at the time because of a lot of uncertainty in life. I was down to 159 and I didn't look healthy at all. Life got busy again as I went back to school and I got up to 175. I started going to the gym again very regularly, about 4 times a week, and got up to 185 as of six months ago.
    I decided to work more on the diet side of things and lost 5 lbs in about 3 months. Then in June I did a round of whole 30 and lost another 5 lbs in 30 days. So this is me at 175. I am definitely stronger than I've ever been and I am getting some form of exercise 6 days/week. Now that I'm in grad school, I use my gym time as break between 8 hours of classes and the 3-4 hours of studying I do at night each day. I did a one rep bench max today and I was able to put up 285 which is 50 lbs more than the last time I tried in 2012 when I was going to the gym daily.

18. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

good for you. fitness goals are definitely something to be proud of.

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice dave. Good for you getting back to ut. Not like you've had the easiest past year.

20. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    #946 Xcheckme, Jul 18, 2014
    I wanted to really go for it in time for my 45th birthday. The first pic was last October right at 230 lbs and was looking to really drop some body fat. Did great through the Holidays and through spring.....then ended up traveling on business almost every week since March. Still managed to lift (almost) as consistently as I wanted to, but slacked with the cardio, and mainly the diet. Weighed in at 238 tonight it's getting a little close with only 9 days until my birthday.......oh well, trying again when I'll turn 50 :)

21. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice Lukas, what's your end game now, below 230?

My body is going weird right now. I woke up Saturday morning on vacation ready to float the river and even after breakfast my stomach was defined more than ever (no 6 pack but it looked really good). My back is and has always been my strong point, but my friend mentioned at the river that my shoulders were looking pretty good. That's been a big focus the last few weeks especially that delt/rear shoulder area.

I've been working out a lot more, or should I say disciplined than in the past and noticing good personal gains, happy with my progress. I'm trying to stay around my 155lbs but lower my body fat percentage.

My right shoulder's been feeling weird so I'm going to take the week off, maybe even next week too. Plus its been a long while since I've had a break so it's good timing to give my body a break.

22. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Thanks Jason! Really haven't given it much thought but probably will try to increase my weight to 250 as long as I can stay reasonably lean. I know at one point it would probably benefit my health to drop to 200, just not quite there yet mentally....

Agreed that if you're in pain it would be best to take some time off until any discomfort is gone. If you're not already doing it, I highly recommend getting regular (deep tissue) massages too.

23. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ah, okay. Totally understand the mental/weight game. At one point I wanted to get to 175lb. But after just getting tired of having to eat so much damn food, I also realized 175 for my body type is just ridiculous. I'm surprised I've been able to maintain 155 no matter what. When I started working out I barely weighed 135.

I do get deep tissue massages, at least once a quarter. Although due to my current unemployment that's gone out the window, but I did get one a few months ago because my back was so tight. Once employed again I think I'm going to try a once a month massage. They feel great and it actually does help. Including with my allergies.

24. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave

How tall are you? I got down to 159 a couple years ago and I looked way too thin. I'm 5'10".