Before and After Pictures! Bust Them Up!!! | Page 37 | FerrariChat

Before and After Pictures! Bust Them Up!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DrStranglove, Jul 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scoobysteve

scoobysteve Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Thanks man...5'8"

2. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    You're going to look pretty ripped at 175

3. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    if you havent already, go buy some really good two ply moisture wicking running socks. makes a huge difference over old cotton for blistering.

4. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    My running buddy just got one of those. Let it heal!

Do a little more weight training and hit the ground running when it is healed.

Then make sure you have good socks and your shoes are well fitted.

5. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #905 wazie7262, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Last 5 Days:

Fell off the wagon. But I've learned a few valuable lessons:

1. When I stop food journaling, everything goes to crap.
    2. Not being able to hike or run greatly reduces my motivation in other areas
    3. Keeping lousy temptation foods around the house isn't an awesome demonstration of restraint, it's stupid.

There's always *something*: HS friend in town and wanting to go your old greasy-spoon hangout...client dinner with a multiple course meal capped off by gourmet cupcakes...bonfire with the best s'mores ever. When it comes down to it, you really need to count on your policies, methods, procedures, and ultimately the good habits you've worked hard to develop.

7. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My wife has found some interesting motivation to eat well. She goes to the gym every day religiously but struggles with her diet. She recently read that cutting out wheat and dairy will help her keratosis pilaris, basically small bumps all over her upper arms that she's been trying to get rid of her entire life. She's been really good with her diet for the last week and her arms look better not to mention she has lost over 5 lbs in the last week as well.

8. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I think one of the most important things, food and life-wise, is to keep experimenting and trying out new things. It's important to keep making changes.

9. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    June 26th:

Yesterday I was able to pretty easily get in a good day:

Strength Workout: Check!
    Calories Under 1650: Check!
    Protein and Veggies: Check!

This morning I did a quick run to see how the ankle blister feels. It was only a mile but I did okay. I don't think I'm ready to do anything longer than that as I don't want to re-blister it. I did a nice 4 mile hike on Sunday, though. I think the hiking boots give me a bit more support. I double-socked it, too. I think I'll try and get in some more hiking this week since my body is liking that better right now.

I was taking a look back through the whole thread and wondering how some of the people are doing. I was a bit embarrassed to even look at and read my posts from 1-2 years ago. How is Ryalex doing? What about you, Brad? Dave?

10. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    #910 scoobysteve, Jun 27, 2012
    Weigh-in Wednesday:

Weight: Well, my fall off the wagon cost me a week's worth of progress. I weighed in right at 192lbs this week, again.

Below is the photo; I think I might have a tiny bit more definition than last week. I've been keeping up with the strength workouts and yesterday I got in another 4 mile hike on top of the quick run in the morning.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've had quite a crazy month. I lost a bunch of weight because I didn't have much of an appetite for a few weeks, that got me down to 159. I'm just starting back at the gym after injuring my wrist. My wrist is still tender, but I'm able to lift more than I could last week. I'm thinking about picking up some wrist straps to help stabilize.

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #912 ryalex, Jun 27, 2012
    I'm only down ~6-7lbs for June, a little off pace. Here's a current before/after, new picture from taking my mom and sister out to a "video game lounge" (vintage arcade with bar and booths with big screens and everything from Donkey Kong to NES to PS3) last weekend.

XXXL shirt and 48" jeans, to XL and 38".

13. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Update:

I'm finally back to alternating 2mi runs and morning strength routines, which feels great. I'm trying to psych myself up for the 4th and not get out of control with the eating. The toughest thing lately has been when hanging out with friends and going out to eat. I'm all for making lemons into lemonade, but there's not a lot to work with you end up at Short Stop BBQ.

I did have something interesting happen on Friday. It was late and I was buzzed (never an optimal combination for good decision making) and ordered something fried. Almost immediately I had a stomach ache and felt like crap. To most people this would be bad but I was actually pretty happy to see my body physically rejecting that kind of food -- makes it a lot easier to avoid in the future.

14. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Belated Weigh-In Wednesday

I did weigh-in on Wednesday but forgot to take pics and post. 191lbs. So I'm losing steadily. This morning I hikes 8.2 miles over hilly terrain. Feeling good.

15. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Lookin great Ryan!

Steve you are doing so well but ordering fried food!

I now must attack the last 20 pounds. I am doing amazing with my shoulder therapy now one month after surgery and I am canoeing (relaxed easy pace) but my range of motion is amazing. It's is the left one that had the surgery. A few more weeks before I am allowed to start. Any weights again.

Beev

16. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    #916 scoobysteve, Jul 11, 2012
  17. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

why didn't you dress like that when I met you? :p

18. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  19. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    great job. what are you doing? i started at 328.8 in december of 2010. by march i was down to 260. then i got off the wagon. by this july i was back up to 284 and decided to start again. today i was 276.4. hoping to hit 250 ish by november 6th and 240ish by years end. although i looked a lot worse than you did at 328.8 and look worse than you at 276 now as well

20. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010

i dont know how anyone can run 3 miles in 21 minutes. it seems impossible to me. i've been training for a 5k and 8 miles per hour i get about a good 60 seconds. maybe 90 before i feel like my legs are going to explode. i cant imagine 21 minutes at 8.6mph

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #922 ryalex, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    Thanks. Well, I've handled it in phases: first was a vegetable juice (and then vegetable solids) fast for 60 days to get the firs 40lbs. Since January I've knocked off another 40 by trying to avoid carbs and be primarily vegetarian, but I increased my food intake to get enough to do cardio. I started on the elliptical and worked up from 30 minutes on level 12 tension (Life Fitness units have tension /24) to 65-80 minutes on level 17-18, which is 1100-1300 calories per workout according to that. That was the second phase.

But since mid-June I've moved on to jogging on the gym track and went from barely 1 mile without walking to 9. I am moving slowly at times, but I focus on keeping a jogging/running gait and controlled, steady breathing. I plan on doing a half marathon in November, probably the Santa Barbara. Last year I could not do more than 1/6 of a mile (one lap of the track at my gym) without being winded. I need to lose more weight as I'm still carrying ~40lbs around my midsection.

Long term I have two fitness goals for my 30s: run a marathon (2013), and compete in a bodybuilding show. I'll be 33 this fall.

22. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    You're moving a lot more weight than me. I do 3 miles around 19:30 but I'm pushing around 180 pounds. At 200 pounds I couldn't have sniffed 21 minutes. Weight lowers your "cruising speed" big time.

23. scoobysteve

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    +1000