Beechcraft Starship | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Beechcraft Starship

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by rob lay, Nov 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Unequivocally FALSE. KSMO remains the only airport ban for the Piaggio. Typical hangar flying talk unsubstantiated in reality.

ChipG likes this.
  2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    ok yes, only 1 in the USA, Santa Monica but many others limit the takeoff hours like John Wayne does in Orange County, a Piaggio 180 can not take off at night time there, below are the aircraft that are not allowed to operate at night:

Aircraft Presumptively Incapable of Nighttime Departure Operations:
    • Gulfstream II, IIB, III
    • HS125-1A-600 (Rolls Royce Viper engines)
    • Jetstar II
    • Learjet 23, 24, 25, 28, 29
    • Piaggio P180
    • Sabreliner 40, 60, 65, 70, 75
    • Shooting Star T33/F80
    Link for reference: https://www.ocair.com/generalaviation/noise

dmark1 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I've been omin and out if John Wayne on a citation iii and we always had to beat feet to get out of there by 10pm on Saturday night.

The pilots (I am not one so I can and will likely sound like a jackass here) always thought it was funny to be extra noises as we took off at 950.

If I recall correctly they would run it up seemingly on the brakes for maybe 1 second or 2. Then come up just off the run way. Tuck the gear and use what seemed the entirety of the runway then start a pretty steep climb. This is how I remember it... I'm not a pilot. Please go easy on me. But it was something to the effect of utilizing the ground effect and then sort of launching a sound wave at the end of the runway.

Could have just been all theatrics and an excuse to do something fun...

If nothing else it was memorable.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  4. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It was also landing, they could not land after 10pm until I think 6 or 8 am, talk about a pain in the ass if your 5 min late.

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Again speaking completely out of my butt here...

From what I remember it was just a fine. Im sure a cost benefit was made for those that had big thirsty planes.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I like that. Purposely make extra noise right before the imposed deadline to piss off the people more. :)

technom3 likes this.