For Sale - Beautiful Restored 1972 Rolls Royce Corniche FHC | FerrariChat

For Sale Beautiful Restored 1972 Rolls Royce Corniche FHC

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by full_garage, Oct 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login The Epitome of Class and Elegance...

A real classic, this is my 1972 Rolls Royce Corniche Fixed Head Coupe. These are super rare, and the small Euro chrome bumper models are just starting to become collectible. Thee cars are just as daunting to purchase as a 355 or Testarossa- Maintenance and mechanical condition are EVERYTHING- and this car has just completed well over $23,000 worth of mechanical refurbishment.

This lovely '72 shows only 57,764 Kilometers- less than 36,000 ORIGINAL miles. It has been professionally restored, treated to a new bare metal respray, brand new wool carpeting, brand new lambswool over rider carpets, brand new front and rear springs, brand new front and rear shocks, brand new brake accumulators, brand new tires, a complete Air Conditioning overhaul with R134A conversion, a complete heating system overhaul with heater core rebuilt and new heat solenoids, complete Hydraulic overhaul with ALL new lines and fresh mineral oil, complete brake overhaul, rebuilt Blaupunkt radio, complete retrimming of the trunk in wool and a new headliner. much of the work was performed THIS YEAR by famed Rolls Royce restorer J.E. Robison, repair invoices will be included with the sale.

The glass is excellent save for one small chip on the front windshield. The chrome is really excellent, having been restored about 10-12 years ago- it has held up nicely. The car is not a no rust car- it is a "Never Rusted" car- The underside is 100% solid with no rust anywhere.

OK- now you know how much love, care and CASH has been lavished on this beautiful car... how does it drive?

In a word- like new. It fires up instantly, settles immediately into a silky smooth, nearly silent idle. Power is "Adequate" and it simply glides down the road. The rebuilt brake system is evident, as both brake lights come on with the key and extinguish quickly, showing the hydraulic brake system is strong and solid. The car stops on a dime, and silently. I am able to cruise effortlessly at 90 MPH on the highway, only slowing to acknowledge the thumbs up, headlight flashes and horn honks. It does not leak or smoke or make any noises. I is a treat to drive!

I think the FHC IS the car to own- James May from Top Gear agrees. While the convertibles have been in demand the FHC demand is increasing- NOW is the time to get one and to get a GREAT one. Looking for $39,000, which I think is quite reasonable given the fresh mechanical restoration.

Attached Files:

2. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    I love big Coupes...

3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Beautiful restoration. Is that the original color?

(Love the 8-track!)

dmundy and of2worlds like this.
  4. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Not sure if it's the original color- But the lines of this car with the chrome bumpers really works in this color red!

5. hans2

hans2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2011
    Charlotte
    Original color can be determined via code on data plate next to left hood hinge then Googling the #. If a USA-delivery car then the US club can furnish build papers and possible an owner trail. The recent mechanical work was indeed done by one of the country's foremost technicians. Worth mentioning that this year still had the higher compression ratio and no cats; it's more fun to drive than one might think of a period Royce. Also worth mentioning that, unlike Shadow sedans, these did not come with hydraulic suspension rams until the late 70s. This means less maintenance, no unsightly rear sagging when not used.

6. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    This car does have hydraulic rear suspension, which has been fully rebuilt this year. Correct on the heads and cats. It actually moves along quite nicely- cruised along the highway at well over 100MPH with no signs of distress.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Such a nice car!

8. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    When I saw the Massachusetts plates, I had a strong suspicion that J.E. Robison did the work. His attention to detail is second to none, I can assure you that the work done there was superb. His shop in Springfield is the old Indian Motorcycle facility and is a sight to behold on it's own... I read his blog regularly and it is something I look forward to.

Nice car, GLWS!

of2worlds likes this.
  9. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Love this thing! You never see 2-door coupes

10. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    There are so many convertibles but very few of these lovely coupes. That's a LOT of red! Nice . . . .

of2worlds likes this.
  11. rdynamix

rdynamix Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2013
    Lovely car, stunning. GLWS

12. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Beautiful. I love Corniches.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    We have something in common!

Gotta love "radio balance" on knob!

14. Flash G

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I’ve been looking for the right one (drop head) for a year now.

15. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That's a lot of car for not a lot of money...glws!

16. Fort Worth 360

Fort Worth 360 Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    Please pm me as I would like to learn more

17. jbarbakow

jbarbakow Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Barbakow
  18. Flash G

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
  19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Red rolls is wild! Can only imagine how good that leather interior smells too

glws

20. jbarbakow

jbarbakow Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Barbakow
    That offer doesn’t seem unreasonable. However, I would be concerned that only about 1000 miles has been put on the car in 25 years and it only had a smog test in 2010/2012. Was the car non-op? Has it been maintained?

flat_plane_eddie and Flash G like this.
  21. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    asking price on car is $39k so why would flash offer 50k?

22. Flash G

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    The one in the link is $59k.

23. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Don't think a 50k offer on a 59k asking price is considered a low ball.

24. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
    Is car still available?