BB512 Fire extinquisher bracket | FerrariChat

BB512 Fire extinquisher bracket

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by GaryReed, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    A good friend of mine is making custom made fire extinquisher brackets for Boxers and other models (3xx series) of Ferraris. They attach to the seat frame rails right in front of the passenger seat. Photo below.

Here's a link to one of them on eBay if anyone is interested:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2458171652&category=42606

I just bought one from him the other day and I'll be installing it in my BB512i after I paint it black. He's an engineer by trade and the brackets are very well made.

The brackets to fit the 3xx series of Ferraris will be listed on eBay very soon too.

2. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Thanks Gary,

How do they mount to the seat frame. I can't see from the small holes drilled on the end of the bracked that it would fit the seat bolt. I must be missing something.

Drew

3. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Drew,

The ends of the Boxer seat rails have 6mm allen head bolts which thread in "horizontally" to attach the seats. Hence the 90 degree bends and holes at the ends of the extinquisher bracket.

308/328/348s have allen bolts which thread in "vertically" to attach the seats, and will have different bracket ends for those models.

You simply remove each bolt from the ends of the seat rails, put the mounting bracket in place, and replace the bolts (going through the holes in the bracket).

The bracket extends out far enough to clear the seat adjuster lever/knob and still allows the seat to travel back and forth a bit, if needed.

I should have my bracket/fire extinquisher installed in the Boxer this afternoon and I'll post a picture of it.

4. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Gary, Being a local NW guy in the club, I'd like to purchase one from your friend, or through you. Could you let me know if this is possible? Peter Barbin

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Peter,

I'll talk to my friend and contact you directly.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Drew- others,

Here's two pictures of the unit mounted in my Boxer. I think it looks/works great!

Gary

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name: