Bay Area Meetups?? | FerrariChat

Bay Area Meetups??

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by simmadwn, Jul 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Morning Friends,

Recently moved to the Bay Area - San Mateo from Boston. Any Ferrari or exotic car meetups here? Cars&Coffee, Charity rides, rallys, etc?

James

paulchua likes this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hey James, Welcome to the world of overpriced housing. Slight change from Boston I'm sure.

Canepa in Scotts Valley was hosting a cars and coffee for a while, but it's been a bit sporadic this summer. Sign up for their email newsletter and you can be notified. Here's a link to some past events https://canepa.com/category/news/canepa-cars-and-coffee/

Another location is Blackhawk Museum in Danville. They have cancelled their cars and coffee, but they do host a lot of car related activities.
    https://blackhawkmuseum.org

I think the whole cars and coffee thing has sort of not panned out for some of these host businesses. The idea is to drive traffic to their business, but it feels a lot like the same guys show up time after time, so it just ends up being a PR spend without a payback.

Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach are an exotic car mecca in August (bit of a zoo imo).

There is a FOG rally in early Sept from Marin to N. Lake Tahoe. https://fogrally.com/ There is another ferrarichat thread on that.

Eric
    488SPI

3. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. Its interesting that there isn’t much happening frequently in the Bay Area :(

Any good recommendations for Clear Bra/Body Wrap installation shops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I believe this Sunday is a cars and coffee and Stanford Mall in Palo Alto.

The FOG folks have Saturday drives every two weeks. About one third are originated in the hills above Woodside.

SV

5. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    How to register with FOG? Sent them an email through their website a week ago..no response :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    yep..reached out to them and they are booked all the way through Oct. Any other recommendations?

8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Send a note to fchat user Vraiment.

Plus check out the thread below on the fog rally to Lake Tahoe.

SV

9. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Second the suggestion to check out is the thread in the FOG Rally. A great yearly event. Open to all Ferrari owners.

Also there is a FOG thread, ‘the official Bay Area Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) Rally & Breakfast’. Regular drives in Marin and on the Peninsula are a great way to exercise your Ferrari, see other great cars and meet good people.

Also check out the thread,’SF motorsports first drive’. Another good group of enthusiasts - of all Marques - who enjoy driving their cars, seeing great cars and meeting good people.

Welcome to the Bay Area! And look forward to seeing you on the Rally or on one of the drives!!

10. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I second the San Francisco Motoring Club! But seriously, if you make it up to Marin, we go on monthly drives, lots of Ferraris, Porsches, McLaren, etc, anything that puts a smile.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/sf-motor-sports-first-drive.568039/

Also, the first Sunday of every month is Cars n Coffee in Novato at Vintage Oaks shopping center. I know of at least 6-10 Ferrari owners there that show up regularly, and a ton more educated car folk as well. If you can weed through the sea of mustangs and corvettes, there are a lot of unique cars there.

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Am I right that this Saturday, 18th August 2018 there will be NO Cars & Coffee at Canepa's in Scotts Valley?
    Does anybody have further information?
    Thank you very much.

Marcel Massini

12. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    SS Customs in Redwood City did my C7 using XPEL but had Autoprofilms in Belmont, CA did my 430 using Sunguard. Both did good work.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. VColin

VColin Karting

Aug 5, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I haven't seen any info stating there will be an event there tomorrow.
    Per their website, they were hosting 3 Cars & Coffee events this year, 4/14, 6/9, and 10/13.
    Also, per their Instagram, they will be doing an open house for the week starting Monday.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmmVjyxAKIa/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=c5ef5tukipcs

14. spiraljeff

spiraljeff Rookie

Aug 20, 2017
    Mill Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jeff Neugebauer
    In addition to the Tahoe rally, the FOG group typically does one (very spirited) North Bay drive and one South Bay Drive each month. There are also other special events throughout the year. Joe (Vraiment), who runs the group has been traveling all summer so that may be why you didn't get a response. The drives leave early on Sat morn, wind through the Bay Area backroads and end at some breakfast/brunch place. We will have anywhere from 5 to 25 Ferrari's. Great group of guys and the drives are usually pretty awesome. Hope to see you on one! https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/the-official-bay-area-ferrari-owners-group-fog-rally-breakfast.252738/

15. amgnsx

amgnsx Rookie

May 9, 2005
    Any car meet this weekend near SF?
    Saturday Sept 15, 2018

Sent from Samsung Note8

16. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Tomorrow (Sunday September 16) is the Danville Concours d'Elegance.
    http://www.danville-delegance.org/
    It is one of the major annual cars shows in the Bay Area.

17. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Did you go to the show? If so, then what did you think of it?

18. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    My wife and I arrived shortly after 11:00 AM. Parked just a half a block away. I had my walking shoes on in case she wanted to leave earlier than me and I had walk home (3 miles), but instead we left together at about 2:00. We both had fun.

We approached from the south. It was great to see the cheerful volunteers at the entrance and we made a donation. It took us 30 minutes to get past the second car (Chris P’s 1978 308 GTB) just because of all the people to talk to. It took us an hour to get past the Daytona; had a nice chat with the owners. I suggested he should swap in a Toyota 6-banger to solve the rough idle problem. … I like to be helpful.

The food truck was great. Had the Calamari Po-boy. Ran into some more friends. Talked some more while eating. Would have enjoyed some free chocolate. Hunted for a toilet: had trouble finding one but finally mooched at a restaurant in the Danville Hotel.

Finally made it to the end. Turned around. Talked to the guy with the Sunbeam Tiger. Oogled the Bentley Whatchamacallit. Wife bought new running shoes at Forward Motion shoe shop. I stalked someone I wanted to talk to, but every time I checked, he was always busy (judging Ferraris).

Left the way we came and returned to my quiet boring routine.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very nice meeting you today! Great drive, hope to see you again soon.

Cheers

simmadwn likes this.
  20. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
  21. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    What is happening during the Christmas break from Dec 21 to 31?

22. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    doltond likes this.
  23. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
  24. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
  25. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    How was the drive guys? No more contend?

I Notice "Doltond" was there to (now in the Apple)...