********** Bay Area 2008 | FerrariChat

********** Bay Area 2008

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 360dragon, Dec 9, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    ********** Bay Area 2008
    http://www.**********.net/bay/

********** Bay Area - We have had good response to the needed volunteers for 2008 (still need more though! - see below) ...enough from the bay area that Adam is moving ahead with having a ********** Bay Area in 2008. This will be taking place on the third Sunday of each month (January through November). We'll keep you in the loop with that news!

-----------Event locations still being determined--------------

Volunteers still needed - MySpace administrator, Youtube administrator, Video/Film (2 people), Photographers (lead, second lead, and 4 additional), Journalists (2 people), Parking help (2 people), Media contact person, Rally 4 Kids event help (7 people), and Forum help (13 people). Please contact larry@**********.net and/or krista@**********.net for your interest or questions in regards to this.

http://www.**********.net/bay/

2. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, 360Dragon.

I visited the website...looks really interesting. What would be needed from the volunteers by way to time and location?

My strengths and experiences are public relations, film production/directing, legal writing, contract formation and analyis, fundraising, business strategy, business planning, IT Architecture, traffic and parking management for drives and parking, and access to key players and talent in the film industry.

I also participated in Italy's 2004 Mille Miglia; hence, I have access to at least 10 privately owned vintage sports cars (e.g., Bugatti, CisItalia, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, and Amil Car) that are Mille Miglia qualified via their pedigree for their respective years -- oldest car in the paddock is a 1937 Amil Car -- original paint and rebuilt to Amil Car specifications. Each of these cars raced the Mille Miglia and Targa Florio for their respective years.

Thanks.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

3. LarryStiver

LarryStiver Karting

Mar 15, 2006
    Elk Grove
    Full Name:
    Larry Stiver

Wow Alfonso...you sound absolutely useless when it comes to planning and coordinating anything having to do with exotic cars!! ;)

A while back I was trying to gauge interest for ********** in the Bay Area. Having lived in Mt. View I had some ideas on locations, but SR was up/running/and close enough to MV so there was no sense of urgency. SF area kept getting the nod as next direction for this venue. Adam is moving forward with EuSu Bay Area and currently working with a few folks for the SJ area and also Walnut Creek, but I suggested he chat with you for SF as the EuSu host for that area. Not much time involved really, he just needs a charismatic person who pays close attention to the details in events and has credibility in the local exotic community - hands down just described you. Adam has the events dialed in, but must have a few key people to make it work, a few more to make it zing, and one "go to guy" to even start it.

4. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, LarryStiver.

I would like to help out in any way I can. Just to let you know, the events that I hosted entailed the assistance of other members of this community for participation -- I believe and support teamwork; and, teamwork has been the key to the success of the events that I hosted.

I am logistically and tactically strong regarding details; but, with regards to my credibility in the local exotic car community, I can't speak to that because I don't know the way people feel about me in this community.

My recommendation is that you PM the following F-Chat members, below, to get their input of my standing in the local exotic car community; and, hopefully, their input will give you an idea of whether or not I meet your standards.

If you find their assessment of me meets your standards, then please let me know, and I will do my best to help you out:

FinancialMan
    Prancing Horse
    91KoenigTR
    SpiderGuy
    AutoXer
    Artherd
    AlexD
    Bird Man

I have others if you need additional.

Thanks.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

5. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    I have seen lots of pics and heard lots about the events Alfonso plans and they are incredible...he does an amazing job! . He's also a really nice guy too!!!

-Brian

6. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, ExoticLover.

Thanks. Really nice of you to write that. Much appreciated.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

7. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    I must chime in here to let you all know that Adam and Larry really put on some first class events/drives.
    I was fortunate enough to have a weekend off from the kids (love them, but a break is always nice), and joined their crew last month on the "Volcano" drive and had the most fun I've had in a long time in the 360 (aside from actual track days) . VERY spirited driving on well thought out routes, but are also organized enough not to let anyone fall to far behind and make sure everyone is back together for a little social time.
    So, for those of you who may like to enjoy the sites while enjoying your car, and are worried about feeling as though you need to feel like pushing yourself beyond your limits by those other "all out drives" when you find your speedo well over the posted speed limits w/ other groups and feel the need to take off home after the meets, these events WILL have you enjoy you car no matter what your level of experience or car you drive. They make sure EVERYONE has a good time.
    Best of all, it is free (although I'm sure they would gladly except donations), and very well organized.
    Happy holidays to all and hope to see you all at some ********** Bay Area events next year.

8. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Alfonso's enthusiasm, candor and generosity are all beyond compare, we're lucky to have this guy in our community!

Larry- been meaning to check out one of your events for some time now, let me know if we can help.
    -Ben.

9. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    Thank you everyone who has posted. Larry and I have talked to Alfonso about being one of the bay area event organizers. We will continue to post more information as we work out the details.

10. ginracer

ginracer Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Alfonso

Adam and Larry are great guys. They really know how to put on these great car gatherings. With your help and contacts in the bay area, EUSU in the bay will be a sure success. I am sure Prancing Horse and company will par take in these events as well. You guys pulled off a great “Stampede” I was in the blk Diablo. Let me know when the first event will be, I will also let the LCA know. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Ray

11. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Alfonso is abosolutely horrible at putting bad events together! He only plans good ones!! Is that a double negative?? :D

12. LarryStiver

LarryStiver Karting

Mar 15, 2006
    Elk Grove
    Full Name:
    Larry Stiver
    Thank you for such great feedback, no only here but with the PMs, emails, and phone calls. Quick update on this...Alfonso, Adam, and I spoke on the phone. We all agreed that experiencing a ********** in person is the next step. Alfonso will be making an effort in January and perhaps even February to attend Sacramento's event to get a first hand look. This will give him the chance to see for himself if he would like to tip his hat in that direction. Adam is moving full steam ahead on a Bay Area site but recognizes the need for the right person to be the lead for it. Rather than opening in January of 08, we've all decided to push back to a later soft opening and target March or even April as the official start date. It is more critical to have it be led well vs. having a spot. It will still be the same EuSu format - simply...$0, no RSVPS for an informal get together with espresso close at hand. Featured vehicles will be supers, exotic, rare, and vintage with a strong bias towards euro. Its an early "come and go as you pls" format with drives and caravans always at hand. Anticipate a core group with lotsa regulars cycling through the event all year long. Great realtionships will form out of this event....but all of this comes from the leader of the event!

13. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    ********** bay area has a official kick off location now.
    3750 Blackhawk Plaza Cir, Danville, CA, 94506

For parking information see the link below.
    http://**********.net/bay/maps.htm

We still need your help for the events. We need Photographers and a few drive coordinators. If you are interested in being part of the ********** team please email adam@**********.net.

As always please tell others about the event and the site.
    http://www.**********.net

14. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    The website says 2/27/2008. Did you mean 2/24/2008?

15. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    2/17/2008. Sorry for the slight typo. It has been fixed. All bay area events will be on the 3RD Sunday of the month.

16. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    Good day everyone.

We have a location for our first event. We will be meeting at

3750 Blackhawk Plaza Cir, Danville, CA, 94506

There will be a caravan to the event from Sacramento leaving from the Starbucks on LongPort Drive in Elk Grove at 6:15am on the dot. Email us for further details.

The event will follow the ********** format of meet and greet, followed by a drive and lunch for those who wish to participate. See links below for parking info and drive info.

We ask that you please continue to spread the word about the event to your friends and local clubs. Also if you wish to be on our email list please fill out the form to be notified of all events ********** will be putting on.
    http://**********.net/bay/maps.htm
    http://**********.net/bay/contacts.htm

Thank you for the ********** team.

Some teaser pics from Sacramento
    http://**********.net/sacramento/images/012708/12708adam/100_0292.jpg
    http://**********.net/sacramento/images/012708/12708adam/100_0301.jpg
    http://**********.net/sacramento/images/012708/12708adam/100_0377.jpg
    http://**********.net/sacramento/images/012708/12708adam/100_0367.jpg

17. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Adam, how about a few Sunday's in the north bay, like Marin or at least Ft Mason or the marina area?

18. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    We plan on having the location change to different parts of the bay. That way no one has to do all the driving to get there. If you have any suggestions on location please email me them so we can scout them out. This happened to be the best option for the first event.

Adam

19. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Care for one more car (two more people) on the Sacramento caravan down? It's my birthday weekend, and Corrie figures going to the meet'll be a good way of getting me to Zachary's in Berkeley for pizza... :D

Orrie

20. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    HEHE you know you are always welcome to join. Hopefully your bday weekend will be sunny for top down weather.

21. Copperhead Viper

Mar 21, 2007
    San Jose,CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How many cars do you think the area holds for parking at first event. I talked to a few people who may come, but number one concern was parking. At our Santana Row event parking isnt a issue. Number two was they really didnt want to come to a event called "Euro" when we mostly drive American, 2 Ford GT's and a couple Vipers. Let me know,
    Thanks

22. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    The event is called EuroSunay but is not limited to European cars. The events focus on Exotic, rare and vintage cars. If you look at our Sacramento event you will see we have GT's, vipers, and AC cobras that attend.

There will be plenty of parking for everyone and the participating cars. We have a corral parking format we enforce and parking directors. We will guide you to where you need to go once you arrive. We also know how to park GTs so that will not be an issue.

Please feel free to ask anymore questions you may have.

23. Copperhead Viper

Mar 21, 2007
    San Jose,CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cool, thanks.
    If I get my supercharger install finished in time, I'll try and make it. And will probably have a few more people with me.

24. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    Great = )
    Hope to see there

25. eshaun

eshaun Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shaun
    For the bay area might I suggest a gathering spot in the city such as one of the piers or the presidio. Many have a variety of weekend commitments and something a bit more central to the greater bay area would attract a larger reoccurring following depending on how often you plan to hold this event. Possibly alternating between an eastbay location and downtown SF may be an option as well. With SR being central and convenient to the southbay, the event has been wonderfully self sustaining, even when many of the initial members aren't able to attend. That said I do look forward to attending whenever my travel schedule permits as well as sharing some of my photos too :)