Battery Installation - East Bay... | FerrariChat

Battery Installation - East Bay...

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Randy R, Jul 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Hi! I'm looking for a mechanic in the East Bay who can swap the battery in my 2014 California. I can buy/provide the replacement. I'm just not 100% comfortable swapping this battery by myself. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
    Randy...

jcavalie likes this.
  2. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James

Hi Randy,

Any luck? I can help with swapping the battery if you want to. I live in San Mateo. I had a 430 and did most stuff to it by myself. I now have a 458.

James

3. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Battery replacement is generally really easy base on location. I think for the California, its between the air boxes and a lot of panels/plastic have to be removed to get access to battery.

I dare say any mechanic can do this job, whoever you are comfortable with. Or James can help, he offered!

4. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Thanks guys. I've decided to tackle it myself. I swapped batteries in other cars, so the basics are about the same. My main concern was the removal/installation of the air intake clamps - I was afraid that I might break them upon removal. So, I've ordered a complete set of these clamps from Ricambi which should hopefully arrive in a week or two. I'll order an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T from Amazon, when the clamps arrive. I think I'm good to go!

5. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Awesome, Randy...Good Luck brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Finally got to changing the battery today (pulled it out last night). Clearly it was a bit more complicated than the battery I replaced in our old Ford Flex, but definitely doable. I installed an Interstate MTX-49/H8 (AGM), and I upgraded the charger to CTEK 5.0 which provides the correct 14.7v for charging an AGM battery. I have not yet fired her up, as I'm waiting for the battery to reach full charge. It took me a few hours, and I needed a helping hand literally with lifting the old one out and placing the new one in. I was able to reuse the intake clamps. Hopefully tomorrow she'll fire up without incident (other than resetting the date/time).

7. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Thats good to hear Randy...you could have called brother...would have gladly helped. Pls dont be shy if you need any help in future..jus Holla Good Luck!!

8. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Thanks James. To be honest, our 24yo son just came home for a few weeks, and it was a good opportunity work together on this project.

9. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Best quality bonding time ever...glad man