Battery 550 costco | FerrariChat

Battery 550 costco

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by fatbillybob, Oct 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    October 2020.

I have talked about this before. Costco battery is made by interstate a good company. The battery is $89 bucks cheaper than any other battery. The one I used before that fit perfect is NLA. There could be another one that fits but I did not bother to try. I used #852154 because they also fit my diesel Ram 2500. This battery is a bit too tall but has good cranking amps for our V12's. You can make this battery fit decently as shown. Battery is tight and does not move. The + terminal can be altered or it is OK to hit the plastic where you can see it just barely touches. An ideal battery would be 1" shorter than the 852154 but the one they had was only 450CA. This battery is double that! That square thing with the red LED is my Harbor Freight $5 trickle charger that I hardwired. You can get details here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/hardwired-battery-tender-5-dollars.249955/

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Steen Jensen and Qavion like this.
  2. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Isn’t it a little optimistic to have the + touching the chassis? Or is it plastic? I had the fastener come loose on my battery in another car and the battery moved forward and the + touched chassis and the car almost took fire! Very very dangerous if let’s say that happens in a big tunnel with hundreds of cars.