Barcelona Testing 2018 | Page 54 | FerrariChat

Barcelona Testing 2018

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The one driver they have to help is not funded well enough to deserve a drive. Not at Williams. I see Williams in a distinct vice. With financial pressure on 1 side and the car and its lack of skilled/veteran drivers on the other. To attract sponsors they need results which bring money to assist in development. They have no real skilled feedback in the car to bring results. Sad.

furoni and Bas like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Playstation time does not count unfortunately or Williams would be on the pole. :)

DF1 likes this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Claire made her own bed...now she can lie on it....

DF1 likes this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    If Williams back is truly up against the wall what do they have to lose by giving Kubica more seat time? He can provide technical feedback that their other drivers cannot.

crinoid likes this.
  5. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I agree, so now it seems their choice is to put Kubica in the car for Practice 1 every race, to gain set up knowledge at the expense of more seat time for Sirotkin! This could lead to a Williams/Sauber battle for 9-10.

375+ likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    How ridiculous they have become!!!

7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I really thought after getting that boost from decent prize money a couple years ago that they'd be back. They take two steps forward, three or four steps back. Even when they aren't suffering from their car, they blow it strategically. I think it's unfair to say they're not competent, but point more to just how complicated and sophisticated F1 has become. It's not big things anymore... it's the hundreds and thousands of little things that accumulate and set the tone for a team.

DF1 likes this.
  8. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    There was probably more to the story, but the opening race a few years ago when Bottas hurt his back I thought it was a no-brainer to put Susie Wolff in the car instead of only running one car. Maybe she didn't have the Super License, but then why would any team be at a race with only 1 licensed driver available? Easy for me to say since I'm not in F1, but that just seemed odd.

9. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris

I remember that. I literally just assumed she'd be in the car. It really made it seem like having these women involved with the team was purely as a token gesture... dare I say... a novelty. That was disappointing.

trumpet77 likes this.
  10. DF1

I read Karun's report on Autosport. Seems Ferrari have a bit of work to do before Melbourne. At times Melbourne seems a bit of a test since it is the first race. The reporting in and around testing overall paint a picture we are used to in general. Mercedes have a good package it would appear out of the box for this year. Last year the fave was Ferrari and its driveability after testing.

11. PMW2018

PMW2018 Karting

Feb 8, 2018
    France
    Full Name:
    Kitemona
    Karun is a fair guy. If Ferrari was the favourite at the moment he would have said it like last year during the preseason testing.

vinuneuro likes this.
  12. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Ferrari and Red Bull set to fight it out as I see it so far.

Williams and Sauber at the opposite end, which really saddens me as I like Williams. Paddy doesn’t do them any favors as I hear he is not a very likeable nor a particularly key individual. It seems Williams just want to survive and continue to go racing rather than move up the field. Clare might be sinking her own ship.

13. DF1

+1 Williams attract quick money but no sponsors for long term development. Its a team, on appearance, with a decaying future

Bas likes this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The people in the factory are not very motivated atm. They've got a bleak outlook. They all know Stroll by now, they know he can't get the maximum out of a car. Sirotkin, though unproven in F1, is hardly promised to be the next Schumacher/Senna. They're demoralized because they know whatever they'll build, they're unlikely to see it live up to it's potential.