Barcelona pre season testing 2017 | Page 42 | FerrariChat

Barcelona pre season testing 2017

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's all armchair quarterbacking until Saturday's qually and the Sunday's race. I just fear that we wont really have a clean race. I look at those cars and how the front wing is just sitting waaaaay out there... I see a somewhat narrow track and it just tells me that at least a couple players are going to be towed away.

2. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It may be telling that Merc has decided to risk some reliability and bring the latest version of their PU to Melbourne...or not. I'm hoping that it means they fear Ferrari.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  4. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    I do not believe Merc is taking any risks. They were so far ahead last year that I cannot see that they have lost their dominance. I do hope Ferrari can take the fight to them and improve as the season progresses. Lewis just wants to be the underdog so he can say how hard it was for him to win.

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Stranger things have happened.

2004 Ferrari was utterly dominant, 2005 they won a single race, and only because no michelin runner competed.

2013 Red Bull/Vettel where dominant, 2014 they won 3 races but all of them inherited.

Who knows how long Ferrari have really developed their 2017 car. They've been very quiet which is very unlike them.

7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yep, on tighter circuits the safety car will be quite busy.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Wasn't one of the reasons we went to smaller wings (from 2009) because they got damaged too quickly? (the other reason was limited overtaking because wings where too affected by cars in front, LOL)

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The 2005 michelins were the tire to have except at Indy...��

The change in formula in 2014 played right into MB's hands-they did their homework.

The 2017 Ferrari could be akin to the 2014 MB. Not at that level of domination of course but Ferrari may have really gotten on with the engine development early and the chassis too. It's too early to tell what the pecking order is but they look good, and I LOVE the fact that they are shutting their mouths and getting on with it. kimi apparently has been privately raving about the car-which speaks volumes as to the progress made; however, no one has stood still. As Confucius said-"When the green flag drops the bullshyte stops".....

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    All the endings of reigns have one thing in common: Significant changes in the rules. Though for 2005 the rule change was rather small (tires had to last the entire race), Ferrari was cleaning up early on in 2004 and really should've worked together with Bridgestone better. Tires where allowed to be developed.

11. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Whispers from inside the team is that they are very confident with the car. Both Seb and Kimi are very very happy with it as it suits their driving style. Somehow I still believe that Merc has a bit more in reserve. Toto and LH saying Ferrari is a real threat serves two ends for them. Firstly, if the car is a championship winning car and we beat the Mercs they will say we told you they were good and deflect criticism. Secondly, if they win they will say that they their new PU is better than the simulations predicted. Either way it is a PR win for them.

If we can get consistent podiums and stop the Mercs finishing 1 and 2 it is possible that Ferrari could take constructors. I am hopeful as it has been a long time between drinks for all tifosi plus I need a new constructors t shirt, my 2007 t shirt is wearing out.

As for Ferrari being quiet, well we have heard for too long that this is the year. So this year they keep quiet and deliver the goods. We are all happy and they keep their jobs for another year.

In all this discussion lets not forget Red Bull they cannot be dismissed. Even though the Renault PU is down on power compared to Ferrari and Merc if their chassis and aero are right it will make up for the lower power.

3 sleeps to go for qualifying in which Q3 will reveal how much sandbagging everyone was doing.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap but they were basicly "paid" to lose....100milion if i'm not mistaken..that was the price so Ferrari would alow changing the rules, thus giving the oposition a chance by troeing the f2204 in to the garbage...had it not been for that, Shumi and Ferrari would have kep winning for some more years...