Bandwagon jumping in the Racing section.. | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Bandwagon jumping in the Racing section..

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by SRT Mike, May 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Great post. I think people get blinded by small sample sizes. As the sample size increases the level of uncertainty will go down. Hamilton still has not dealt with a poor car (which he will undoubtedly get in his career). Performing in a poor car was a key to all the modern greats. Prost, Senna, Schumacher.

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks

Not the person you are arguing with, but I do think the big difference is that Hamilton is leading the championship despite driving on the same team as the 2x defending WDC. I think the Williams was CLEARLY the class of the field in 1997, while one car argue that the McLaren has been superior to the Ferrari only in the last two races.

I do believe time will be the ultimate judge of Hamilton, but I think he undeniably has the goods. I'm most impressed with his calm amidst the F1 circus.

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Exactly my point..............as I said originally, Hamilton shows a lot of promise.

Unfortunately, my opinion differs from the self-acclaimed higher authority on this board, "The K Reloaded", who has defined what "promise" means for all of us. But what would you expect from me, I am just a fool, and the only one with this opinion. :)

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Thank you.

I didn't mean to turn your thread into a pissing match, but that guy had it coming.

Excellent thread.