Bahrain Race ***warning***spoiler*** | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Bahrain Race ***warning***spoiler***

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by andrewg, Mar 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSs1Power

LSs1Power Rookie

May 31, 2004
    I think its an insult to compare MS to Alonso. You have a 7 time world winner compared to a kid with a better car and crew. MS lost this race because his two pit stops were a second slower than Alonso. His crew messed up thats why he lost. I really think Alonso is overrated and i can't wait to see what he would do in a different car next year. Alonso hype reminds me with JV along time ago. I hope either Kimi or MS put him in his place.

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    and what did Alonso do that was so spectacular? I did see him refuse to directly challenge Michael when he was obviously quicker during the first half of the second stint.

3. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Why do you say that Ferrari pit crew messed up, have you consider that maybe Michael needed the extra fuel that that extra second povides?

I think your comments is biassed, you don't know why those pitstops were that long. And in my opinion Ferrari pit crew is or used to be the best of them all, while Renault had a lt to improved, as they showed past year in several ocasions.

- Julio.

4. TheSaint111

TheSaint111 Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    OMG what the hell are you talking about??? Wait Heidfeld scored 10 points today and is already WC, oh sorry my fault...

Yes that's true, he revs his BMW engine to about 19,000 RPM. Damn how stupid is he...???

Sorry SRT Mike but your statements are just wrong and stupid!

5. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    As Michael has done so many times in the past, to pass the froint runners in the pit stop, that is part of the sport, so what? That does not make Alonso worst than Michael, he used the same kind of strategy as Ferrari has done so many times.

What Alonso did was what he had to do, win, and that is all it counts at thi sport.

- Julio.

6. LSs1Power

LSs1Power Rookie

May 31, 2004
    Other than the fact it took them 50 sec to change tires on Massa's car MS needed 6-7sec of fuel and the pit stop was 8.7 sec while Alonso got a 7 sec pit stop on the last stop. You dont see that as a screw up on their part?

7. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    The 50 seconds pit stop for Massa was a dissater, but was cuased by Massa, remember? He should had not screwed the way he did in the first place.

On the other side with Michael stop, he needed 1 extra second because he decided to stop earlier, that means he needed more fuel, more fuel means more time, it is that easy. Dou you have insiders info to know how much fuel does the Ferrari take per lap?

Michael was very close to Alonso, and he settled for 2nd place because he is smart, he knows that is better to get those 2nd place points than risking it all to pass Alonso, the cars were too close on performance and MS would have to do something carzy to get close enough to Alonso, and then pass it.

Both MS and Alonso are drivers that think on the WC result first then on the race result.

- Julio.

8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I really dislike this Massa, but unfortunately this time we can´t blame him for that. The pit-crew really had a problem with the gun. And with the back-up gun too! That´s something which must be improved. And as Ross Brawn said, (http://www.grandprix.com/race/r751sunquotes.html) maybe Massa´s accident was caused by a mechanical failure.

9. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    That was definitely one of the better races that I have seen in some time and perhaps the best opening race in the four seasons I have been following the sport. I really wish Button had hung in there, I have high hopes for him. I also hope Schumacher and Massa are able to maintain their performance throughout the season as well.

While I may be rooting for Jenson I would like to see Ferrari make a come back after last years miserable season. I'll admit though, part of me was very bored in 2004 when I always knew what to expect at the end of the race. As everyone has said, this year looks to be very competitive and exciting.

- Chris

10. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I should have rephrased it. When he exited the pits and Alonso was in front of him he started falling back after a few laps. I wanted MS to win and I was hoping he would have put up a better fight at the end. By spectacular I was more or less referring to his famous lap times he pulls during the race to either catch up or extend a lead, he seemed more consistant today then aggressive.

I can't agree with you more. I feel like last year Alonso barely won the championship, and I dont believe he earned it. Last year to me Alonso was only champion because he capatalized on Mclaren and Ferrari's misfortune, if they both had driver/tires that were up to par MS and Kimi would have had something to say about it.

11. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    overall it was a great race.

the horrible 50 second pit stop was not all massa's fault. there definitely should have been a better plan for the event of one of the air guns breaking it was ust ridiculous when they had him in there for so long. also he wasn't the only pit disaster the other car that ran over one of the crew memebers was somewhat humorous and embarassing.

MS was pretty smart not doing something stupid just to have an attempt at first place. besides i'd rather see him getting points rather than lose it and get nothing.

all in all it was a great day for Ferrari, and hopefully it's just a hint of what's to happen in the coming weeks with some great racing.

12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm a Schu fan, but I think we all need to admit that two cars equally matched with two great drivers aren't going to make a lot of passes on a circuit like Bahrain. If you can't pass in that first corner, it won't happen. FA was able to keep more fuel on board during qualifying, and that proved to be the difference. He won the race by being quicker in that second stint and closing the 2-3 sec gap MS had on him.

It was a great race by two great drivers and I look forward to seeing a battle between them, Kimi and Jensen as the season progresses.

13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Renault had the better strategy overall this weekend.
    Judging by what went on today it could be Renault, Ferrari or McLaren in Malaysia.

I was dissapointed with Honda on the whole though. I hope they get it sorted for next week.

I think Ferrari are better off with Massa than RB, but it is early early days yet.

Here goes another summer wishing my life away for next week..... :D

14. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I was only wondering (as I still am) why this would make Alonso the better driver of the two. So the question was (and is): what did Alonso do that was so spectacular?

15. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Noone said Alonso did anything spectacular.

16. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    OK, I'm amazed nobody brought this up yet, but wasn't Alonso flying out of the pits when he came out just ahead of Schummi? Who else thinks the FIA may have had their radar off for that last exit? Cheating bas!ards. :D

17. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I just watched it again, I taped it. Alonso rocketed out but after he crossed the line, so he was ok. He just jumped to block the inside line so MS couldnt stay in front, desperate, but legal.

18. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    As if Suzuka last year wasn't an impressive enough performance, Kimi has to come to this race with one of the best performances in years. If Ferrari isn't callin him daily they aren't calling him enough.

19. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Bottom line - Heidfeld qualified better, and finished the race better. Fact.

More facts - JV has failed to perform for YEARS. He did nothing at BAR, he did nothing with his GOLDEN opportunity at Renault, he did nothing at Sauber and he has done nothing (so far) at BMW. He is beaten by his teammates pretty decisively and consistently.

You can only rest on your laurels for so long. 9 years is WAY too long to rest on laurels. JV has sucked for years and should make as graceful an exit as possible before he further embarasses himself. JV will never win another WC, he will never win another race, and he will never have another podium finish - so why bother? The man's a hump!

20. kirill

kirill Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Kirill
    Anybody knows what were Sato doing pitting 6 times ?

21. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #171 F1racer, Mar 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow JV was blown away by NH in this race! come on seriously that's impossible.
    I would say advantage to JV on the 1st stint. + he had more fuel onboard.

But both JV and NH looked quite equal.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That is what I was wondering. But it looks like the season will be alittle better for Ferrari this year! And that Kimi is always a treat with the expressions:)

23. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    anybody noticed how 'grumpy' flav was? unlike last year, where he was all smiles each time FA won, but this time, he seems un-relaxed. i can;t wait for the next race! i think the battle of mS and fa was a great one. obviously, it was the first race, and ms dun wanna take any risk by passing FA and knocking himslef outta the race. still, a good race. i think however, nico derserved the spotlight. in his first race, u need a lots guts to take that kinda overtaking moves. wasted, if only we had a chance to see him VS jpm. i mean, for a guy whose only a year older than me...doin all that....makes me feel useless...lol...

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    When MS was driving for Benneton, he took a mediocre car and won races, and a championship. Alonso is a very good driver, but he has a great car to begin with, so at this point I can not put him on par with MS. Now if the McLaren is just as bad as it has been so far, and he still wins races in 2007, maybe then I can say that Fred is as good as MS. Right now, for me anyway, he ranks fourth behind MS, Kimi, Fishy, then Fred.

25. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I kept having this mental image of the pit crew saying, "No, Taco, the suspension isn't out of adjustment -- it just sucks." ;)

After all, moving from last year's BAR to an outdated Arrows chassis (that was pretty bad even when new) has got to be a bit of a shock.