bad day | Page 2 | FerrariChat

bad day

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by redferrarispyder, Sep 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    $3500 to replace an engine?? It certainly wasn't a Ferrari....the price sounds about Yugo-like!

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Guys,

I think you are being a bit harsh. If this thread is legit, I think he feels bad enough already. To everyone else: if the car is behaving funny, pull off the road as soon as safely possible and check out the problem or call for assistance; don't panic and try to get back to the safety of home base.

Regards,

Art S.

3. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    It seems very odd that someone could be so daft as to do this with a Ferrari. I'd like to see some photos before wasting any energy with advice for this guy. He's been a member for 4 days and has posted all over the place wanting photos of various other Ferraris - not the actions of someone who has just destroyed the engine on their 400.

Aidan

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    This thread is developing a bad smell (not from a burned up motor).

I suggest that we need more information (pictures).

5. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It was 25 years ago, and no, it wasnt a Ferrari. But it was still just as bad.

6. redferrarispyder

redferrarispyder Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    okay 1st of all I was on a freeway which in Australia means that you cant turn around or stop.
    second I like lots of different F-cars and think there beautifull
    and also I think its bad if members of the gang dont believe you until you have pics.

7. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Geez - why mention Australia? - Now they'll think Aussies are idiots

And yes, pictures would help.

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You're not a member of the "gang" yet; so consider it one of the initiation requirements. A large number of new users think they're being clever when they come on and mislead us; generally anyone who does so for more than a few posts gets caught at it.

9. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    What happens if you pull over to the side and stop on a freeway in Australia? They tow your car? Sounds like that might have been a blessing.

Ken

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thought the same thing as well after looking at all his posts.... Definitely didn't seem like the actions of someone who just wrecked their engine.

11. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    Wait a minute, why can't he be a member of the gang? After all, it's a gang.

12. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    It's not a gang, it's a CLUB! LOL

13. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There are a couple of places where they will move you pronto if you are blocking traffic, for instance peak hour on the Sydney Harbour bridge or the harbour tunnel etc, otherwise its up to you to get it moved.
    BTW There aren't too many freeways in Australia outside of the main cities ( there arent a lot of people either LOL ).

14. Ferrari Rare Parts

Ferrari Rare Parts Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2006
    Rome Italy
    Full Name:
    Orlando
    Australia gets dam hot in summer !
    You must check fluids before driving any old classic car!
    By the way if you stopped as soon as the oil came out without trying to restart it you might of been o.k as Ferrari engines resist better than other cars at high temperatures.
    Strange your oil and water temp guage did not show signs before oil was flying on your windscreen!
    Why did you try restarting a car that lost oil????
    Got a Ferrari = Can affoard tow truck.

Hope you just broke some rubber tubing and have to change some oil seals $500 and get the car back on the road

Let us know. need seals they are very cheap parts let us know,tubing your mechanic should be able to find same tube sizing cutting to lengths required (Ferrari tubing already cut to size is ridiculous in pricing)

15. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Remember, this is purely fictional.

16. b3tech

b3tech Karting

Apr 17, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Boyd Bowdish
    look at the little hose that runs between the vacuum pump and the space between the cylinders, just in front of the oil filters. If this hose blows, the oil flowws directly into jug ! (smoke out the right side) and the "old NASCAR films" type of stuff on the hood then the windscreen is just oil blowing out of engine bay.

Ask how I know, you get the hose from GT Car Parts in AZ. The clean up is a bummer.

it happemed to my 365. As far as the other bad sounds, maybe fouled jugs, so bad tht the engine had a hard time running. Maybe the vacuum pump making its funky monkey sound. Maybe overheated due to loss of oil. If the water temp went real high (120C) better look for ahead gasket also.

Good Luck. If you need a picture, let me know.