Bad azz boxer-part 2 | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Bad azz boxer-part 2

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by riverflyer, Nov 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
  2. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I can see there will be lots of paintwork to be done in the upper frame rails. Luckily the lower ones were done while the engine was out.
    At this point I can say kudos to Brian Crall for his engine rebuild and way more redesign and repair work than he bargained for! And to Mark Robles for his fine design and execution of the headers and exhaust...I am sure some knuckles got scraped up on that job.
    And to S-Car-Go for the turbo and associated work (though Mark).

The next chapter will be around cooling, tuning and more tuning. I never realized how much programming has to go into a tune for all the various possibilities of cold starting, idle, non boost, boost etc. Through S-Car-Go I was lucky enough to find a guy, Jim McCronklin, who has vast experience with early Motec engine management systems, as well as being connected and resourceful enough to fix and figure all the ending details.

More soon.

3. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    #228 riverflyer, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    That is beautiful work. I still can't believe that everything had to be redone, only now it will be a stunning, screaming work of art!

5. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Awesome project. Just read the whole thread, very cool to see it come together. I bet it's a beast to drive, and the sound has to be incredible. Congrats!!

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Jason, thanks for your continuing support, really do appreciate it.

Native Troy. Awesome project. Just read the whole thread, very cool to see it come together. I bet it's a beast to drive, and the sound has to be incredible. Congrats!!

thank you. Exhaust builder really did a nice job on the sound. Being a turbo its not too loud but has that great mechanical 12cyl sound with a nice throaty override. Describing a good exhaust note is like hearing a wine expert talk up a nice vintage!!

7. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
  8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

this car is quite the beast!!!

9. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Some of those parts can be placed in a house as sculptures, they're so cool looking. So whats up? Any more updates?

10. Hammonds rider

Hammonds rider Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Looks amazing John

11. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name: