Auto Elite - Vinny Latino | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Auto Elite - Vinny Latino

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ferraridigest, Jan 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I've stopped by a few times during the summer while on my bike ride; always welcomed and Vinny makes a great espresso! Helps with the ride home!

2. Njsp78

Njsp78 Karting

Mar 24, 2013
    Northern NJ
    I live a stone throw away and couldn't have asked for more... Mark and Vinny are amazing.. and Pedro of course... lol. I trust them with my car and no one else... very meticulous, honest and VERY reasonable in pricing... If you live in the area, dont think twice, Auto Elite is the way to go!!!!

Ali-

3. lussos

lussos Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vinny Latino is a true gentleman and treasured friend. I have had the pleasure of knowing Vinny for a long time. We traveled together working the Ferrari Challenge for years and had GREAT times. You will never find a more honest and caring person. Salute Vinny :)

4. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
    Vinny has handled all the services on my 575 since I purchased it in 2008, including last year's major. The work has been perfect, timely and delivered with great conversation and espresso!

5. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Does Auto Elite do work on 1970s Alfas?

Just double checking since the website is heavily geared towards Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati.

I'd assume yes given there's a Lancia there among others but just double checking...

A friend has been looking for a GOOD shop in the Bergen County area for his GTV for quite some time now.

6. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    I have seen older Alfas there as well as Fiats so I think he would be in good hands there. Either call one day and talk to Mark or Vinny, or better drive over with the car in question for Lunch on a Saturday.

7. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I will take you up on that advice!

Thank you for the quick response.

8. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I've heard that Vinny is a Weber carb master...

9. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    ..he seems to have bought the 4 webers in mine back off life support!

10. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #35 markcF355, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Njsp78

Njsp78 Karting

Mar 24, 2013
    Northern NJ
    she sure was a beauty in person... great times this past saturday!! Thank you Mark and Vinny...

Ali-

12. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
  13. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Phil's comment is the best. "It's a symphony of vaguely disastrous noises, which I really love."

14. Chemco

Chemco Rookie

Dec 9, 2013
    Northern NJ
    #39 Chemco, Dec 10, 2013
    I took my 1971 Alfa to him and he did beautiful work. I recommend him highly
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    They worked on my 360 earlier this year. Great guys to work with. The shop and cars inside are gorgeous!

16. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We need more photos of that alfa! Looks like a cool car.

17. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Auto Elite sounds like a great place to take my 308 when it's due for service. I will definitely consider them.

18. Chemco

Chemco Rookie

Dec 9, 2013
    Northern NJ
    #43 Chemco, Dec 11, 2013
    I'll try to send a couple more photos.Glad you like it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I also LOVE that Alfa. Great car Chemco!

I had no idea this shop was in tenafly. I'm not far and will have to stop by one day!

20. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    My 360 is at Auto Elite right now for service and tracking down various issues. Vinny talked me out of a belt service but it turns out SD2 is reporting one of my variators is a touch off (or reporting an error that suggest so) so they're coming out anyway. D'oh! OTOH, I feared an intake manifold gasket leak but they found a few others instead which I probably should have found myself (hanging head in shame) and a corroded grounding point. Looking forward to picking the car up in a couple weeks.

In a strange coincidence, Auto Elite is less than 3 miles from my old Lotus mechanic, one of the best in the country, and a serious motorcycle collector. He has 3 or 4 ex-Jimmy Adamo bikes, including a Cagiva 595 GP bike(!!!) which he brought back to running condition. He also owns the 139th Lotus ever built, which is kind of cool. I thought it odd that they didn't know each other - as if there was some kind of behind the scenes private organization for exotic car mechanics. :)

21. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Who is this Lotus mechanic?

22. mfennell70

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Ralph Stechow. He owns RS Motorsports in Closter, NJ.

23. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Thank you!

24. mfennell70

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Just to follow-up, I picked my car up from Mark and Vinny on Monday, beating the weather. It's running *great* and they say it's one of the fastest 360s they've encountered. I accused them of kissing my ass but it was nice to hear.

Still having a problem with a periodic O2 sensor circuit malfunction, PO130. We are going to keep an eye on it.

25. Njsp78

Njsp78 Karting

Mar 24, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Just thought I'd add to the many compliments... I dropped off my 360 Spider last week and just picked it up yesterday.. I handed them a list of services I needed done on the car and figured this would be the best season so its ready for the spring.. The car runs great, all my issues were addressed and I am a happy man. Their prices are reasonable and they get the job done the right way the first time. Which is why I dont mind giving them a nice write up as a loyal customer. Thanks guys!!

Ali-