Aston-Martin St. Louis | FerrariChat

Aston-Martin St. Louis

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by zxttfan, Sep 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    I noticed Moore no longer has any Astons in the showroom-replaced by Jags and they are not listed on Aston's dealer network. Is Bentley STL taking over or are they done here?

2. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This is the first I've heard of this and considering that we own an Aston Martin from that dealer i would think they would send some kind of notification out, but idk.

It does look like its missing on the website

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    not surprised. no idea if STL Motorsports is taking it over, but there does/did seem to be a market for AM in the Lou.

4. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    it really wouldn't surprise me if their dealership was yanked - they at any given time had maybe 3 in their showroom, and i doubt they moved too many of them, although you do see astons popping up every now and then on the street (like the db9 i saw tonight). who knows what happened - but i'm sure we'll find out some more info over the next few days. by the way - mike tyson (not the boxer, but the former cardinal) used to work up there, i wonder if he's still there.

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ha, I met Mike Tyson there once! years ago. has bee selling Jags for a long time, and now that they are selling cars again hopefully he'll hang around.

6. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    haha - i didn't recognize him, but he handed me his business card which happened to be his old playing card - i've still got it sitting around somewhere, you won't catch too many of today's players selling cars after they retire, unless they own the dealership.

7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #7 GuyIncognito, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    don't be so sure...75% of athletes end up going bankrupt within 10 years of their pro career ending.

some day you'll buy a Jaguar from Skip Schumacher, or maybe even Stubby Clapp!

:D:D:D

8. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    thanks for the update! good luck to them.

blue V8 Vantage Roadster = giggity. :)

10. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    Why doesn't this surprise-maybe now they can use the "the luxury car center of the universe" instead of Plaza with their ultra luxury line of Smart cars... Congrats to STLMotorsports.

So what are the odds of a Pagani franchise in the near future....

11. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Agreed...I still don't understand why Ferrari wont come as a dealer here. I know they have tried..but hopefully other brands will take notice too..Koenigsegg, Spyker and Pagani would be amazing ;)...wishful thinking.

12. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    I could care less about Spyder, but Pagani and Koenigsegg would be great if/when they get US certified. Mclaren might be fun too if they sell enough cars here in the States. Otherwise, I think LFSC will always be the closest.

13. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
  14. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ah lucky..never got a chance to go in there because it was a private party at first then forgot later. Oh well..i'll go back another day

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that blue Vantage roadster is right up my alley.

I like the Rapide too; much better looking than the Panamera.

16. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Is that Doug fondling another candidate car?

I would think that STL Motorsports would be on the candidate list for McLaren. The no-Ferrari franchise story got even better when I heard details on the Ice Cream Run.

Jeff

17. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i think spyker could be the next possible candidate for a dealership, as i know there aren't many dealers here in the states. as far as i know, there's one in chicago, miami, and vegas, but i don't know of any others. however, i just don't think there's a big enough market for a whole lot of other dealerships, i can see putting a mclaren dealership in vegas, new york, la, or miami, but st louis? if there were a couple of mclaren f1's around town, i'd believe it, but as far as i know, there are none. i think a lot may come down to how many bugattis they've moved since getting their dealership, i know they at least had an order from one of the us fidelis guys, but i'm sure that went belly up along with the company. any news or figures on that front?

18. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    McLaren has stated they will be slow to add more dealerships to the ones they've already announced to maintain exclusivity. Time will tell, but I wouldn't expect anything until at least the entire line up is in production.

As for Spyker... I'm sure if STL Motorsports wanted it, they would have the franchise. In Canada, there was no franchise fee for the Spyker brand; you want it, you get it. Even at free, only my local AM/Bentley dealer took them on... they've sold ONE car in ~3 years.

19. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    There is a Spyker dealership in Houston as well..Part of Expo Motorcars..nice place. And as far as Bugattis, they have sold several..3 that I know of as definites, and I think a few others..I have seen 7 at the dealership. I know they sold the red/black they had at the carshow, a Pur Sang edition to a guy in Florida, and a 1 of 1, 2.7 million dollar Bleu Nuit edition to a guy who owns 3 other Veyrons. (Pictures of the Bleu Nuit herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/a7xbass94/sets/72157624834129914/) They also had 2 other black / white ones at the dealership over the years. Don't know what happened there.

20. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    Anything you can put in print on the no-Ferrari franchise story? Did you see the Prugna 308 on ebay?

21. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I would also love to hear the story about why St. Louis has been denied a Ferrari franchise for so long. I remember the days when Ferraris were sold at what is now Brentwood Volvo, but that was a long time ago.

Glad to see that St. Louis Motorsports picked up the Aston Martin franchise- I certainly see my share of AMs around town so it's logical that they'd want to continue having a presence here. I wonder why Moore no longer has the franchise though? Was it lost or simply surrendered?

22. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    bentley may have bought the franchise from them, i wonder how much something like that would cost. just out of curiosity, when did brentwood volvo stop selling ferraris? i know they used to have the franchise, but i can't remember anything about it, i must have been really young.

23. CTP855

CTP855 Rookie

Sep 6, 2011
    I own a 2007 Aston Martin V8V that is reaching the end of its extended Aston warranty. I've had the car serviced regulalry at St. Louis Motorsports in Chesterfiled, but I'm looking for a good independant service shop in the St. Louis area. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

24. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    GLB or Erwin Schwartz would be my suggestions.

25. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    STL Motorsports has quite a few AMs in stock. One of my personal favorites, the DBS, is there again, along with the new Virage and several Rapides.

Speaking of British cars, I still can't believe a local dealer hasn't picked up the Jaguar franchise since Moore Aston Martin-Jaguar went belly up at the beginning of the year. The closest Jag dealer is Jaguar of Peoria, which isn't exactly close...