Assetto Corsa | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is this better than Project Cars?

I run off triple screen PC setup.

2. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I've not bought a wheel, but I am downloading game now.

3. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
  4. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I like the game. Only playing with a Xbox controller on a PC. I am disappointed with the washed out graphics. My rig it getting older, but it is still stout. Xfire HD6970 cards, run the game at almost everything maxed 60fps ave. I tweaked the .ini files after doing some research, and it looks better. I've only spent maybe 30 minutes adjusted the settings to get rid of the washed out looks. I understand it could be because of crossfire, but if I disable crossfire, pretty sure the fps will drop too much.
    Besides that, the game is awesome. I'm sure I'll get it squared away. I'm going to wait until summer session I is over, so I don't avoid studying. :)

When I get better, we'll race!

5. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Try playing with the Effects in the video options. You can also use the pagedown while in-game to reduce the HDR which can help.

6. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I did experiment with that as well. I set exposure to .12 like the forums said and that worked the best. During one of my study breaks, I turned off the x-fire, framerates nearly doubled and the game looked great. Odd for an older card? It's still a good card and getting over 100fps was astounding. I'm thinking the game must use the CPU heavily.
    Hopefully AMD will send out a better driver or the game makers will optimize for crossfire and sli.

On to the game itself. The cars surely handle very differently. I have only driven the Ferraris. If anyone is reading this, do not let me drive a real F40, unless you want to file an insurance claim. A 458 GT2 or is a gt3?, anyway, it is awesome in the short time I've played I could get several smooth laps with it. The 599XX, a beast. That would be a joy to drive. Playing with a controller stinks as it is easy to oversteer.

I'm impressed with the game. Once I get more familiar with it, I'll start a career. Does anyone know of a good website that has good car setups on it? I'm not going to touch them right now as I am still a noob and it would hurt more then it helped. I would like to review them so I can be prepared to use them properly when I get consistent and smooth.

*EDIT: I saw your name (Bobzdar) on one the Assetto forums last night, I was like, hey I know that guy!

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :)

458 is a GT2. Love that car. Currently in the mid 2.17s on Spa with it. The 599XX is so utterly wonderful to drive, what a machine. Very fast, very controllable.

I've a ****ty computer at the moment (ordered new one today though) and even on this the game runs fine and I haven't even turned everything low. The game is coded fantastic in that regard.

I've never really been a graphics whore and always valued gameplay over looks. (until recently I wouldn't mind playing Rfactor on DX8 settings...!). Sure, nice graphics are always a plus but AC looks so good already...

8. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I am terrible, but only a few hours in. My next study break I'll run SPA for a few to see where I am baseline. Of course I running with auto shift, and 50% tc on. I shift up manual, not so good shifting down.

I'm surprise at how good the game looks and the low overhead to get there. Quite impressive. I ran a few races with 10 other cars and still got 80fps. Not bad.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I suggest learn it the hard way and turn off TC, ABS and stability control. It'll take a few hours to get the hang of it but so many servers have it off, better be prepared!

RE downshifting, first gears you can downshift fairly quick but be careful with the last or last 2 shifts....do them later. Allows for a lot of stability.

10. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I did what you said, I've a long way to go. Best time I could manage at SPA was 3:00. the last turn before the start/finish line must be coated in grease. No matter how slow I go, I spin on the second part. I need a less sensitive throttle.

Is there a tire wear indicator?

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yeah you have far to go!

The last chicane is quite slow, you can afford to brake a tad early and get the turn in right. You can take the first part in 1st, but short shift into second shortly after getting on throttle after the 2nd part.

I think there's an app out but not updated for current version.

12. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    2:34. Can hit 2:40'S every lap. All aids off. Man I need a wheel!

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    practice practice practice!

But yeah...get a wheel.

And then practice!

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I had a really old Thrustmaster Ferrari 360 wheel so I thought I'd hook it up so I can play this game but the drivers are really old from Win98 and they don't have any newer drivers for Win7 so wasn't able to get it to work.

The Thrustmaster TX is $500 locally... :( tho that's a bargain compared with trying to get a Fanatec setup :eek:

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Can't you get a G27 or G25 on egay?

16. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Are you located in the US?

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Australia...

18. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah in oz, we call it "Australia Tax" they add this magical price even after you add local taxes and shipping.

I need the TX because it's the only decent wheel that works on the Xbox One. If I just bought a PC only wheel it would be sitting in a box most of the time :eek:

Announced this week AC is coming to console. Tho not out till 2016/2017.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdejU7orTuk[/ame]

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fair enoug bud. Shame that fanatec stuff is even more expensive.

Just checked aussie rule book quick and seems you can import goods and not pay any excess tax on it if value is under AUS1000. Won't in be worth getting one from the states or perhaps singapore?

20. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Anyone here owns a owns Assetto Corsa and has driven a real Countach in real life?

I am working on the Physics of my mod, would like someone to give me feedback :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5lWk_K8ZY

Official Countach will be out soon, my Mod has been out since March but I don't want to release good physics until Kunos release their representation. Don't want them to steal my stuff :D

21. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Dream Pack 2 is out :eek: 20% off at the moment.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Bought it the second it came out; Love the huracan GT3...the noise is fantastic and great car to drive.

Really have to keep the tire temps in check...too cold or too hot and it gets really snappy...but once they grip it's FAST.

23. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    "Better" than iRacing? Or just "different"?

Are the temps displayed while you're driving?

Cheers,
    Ian

24. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Iracing is a little better, ac has Ferraris. I have both.

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's different...Sim quality is high, cars feel very good. What Iracing excels at is their online system which basically gets rid of crashers and first corner heroes. AC doesn't and it does happen when I get crashed out by some idiot at the start...though less than before.

Temps not displayed, you really have to feel it. I think there's an app which displays tire temp but I don't have it.