Asseto fiorano pack | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Asseto fiorano pack

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Kabbs, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I would really prefer we stay on topic as hearing from folks with seat time in the SF 90 is what I want.

But just to go one more round on the shields.

My goal is just to get a few folks to consider not getting them, pretty simple. If you like them, enjoy the car with them.

An SF 90 will have specific Ferrari branding on all 4 wheels, the hood, the hatch, the steering wheel and the key fob (so 8 times). Does adding 2 more branding items make it a better car or does it increase the chance a non car person looking at the car will say something negative about it's owner?

Let's as the question this way, can you think of an example where you get less for your $1700?

Let's get into racing, history and heritage is beyond comparison. Now move to the present, the following refer to end of year 2020 standings, Ferrari came in 6th this past season in F1, GTD was 14th (and lower) and GTLM was last place. Is there anything to really be proud of/associated with regarding their current racing experience?

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You would prefer we stay on topic? You were the one who posted about no shields in the first place. We are just trying to make you understand what goes into choosing shields.And seeing that I have had my go behind the wheel and have an SF90 on order, I am according to you allowed to post.

Again you clearly show you have no clue. Do you think we regularly experience negative reactions because of the shields? Lol, you are so wrong. If anything, I think most here will attest to the fact that the opposite is the case. I think you're projecting.
    You don't get people to choose the no shields option by calling it BS and act condescending toward those who choose them. If you wanted to highlight your preference for the "clean" look, all you had to do was focus on that and talk about how great it was. Instead you chose to take a negative approach rather than let your view speak for itself. It just makes you seem like someone who get envious and upset when you see someone on the street with a Ferrari you cannot afford. Want to get people to not get shields? Talk about the positives of that rather than the negatives of what others choose.

If you had the means to configure a Ferrari, you'd know how little that matters. If you actually think what ever the shields cost is money poorly spent, you clearly are out of touch on how much you can lose in value by not having them. But since you ask, yes there are ways to get even less from 1700 usd. I could spend them as down payment on a Honda NSX.

I suggest you look into where AF Corse placed in the 24 hour LM. As for the rest, what does that have to to with what Lucky said? Nothing. Even despite the fact that Ferrari had a lacking F1 season, that does not take away from the fact that Ferrari has a very proud racing heritage and for owners is something to be proud of. If you don't think it is worth supporting Ferrari and being part of Ferrari life is something to be proud of, I suggest that you find another forum, because here we like Ferrari and look at their results with respect.

With all your negative feelings about Ferrari and its owners, I really don't understand why you are here.

stavura, D11, perrinnation and 2 others like this.
  3. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I am sorry that you take my points as anti-Ferrari.

I am thrilled by what they put forth, and have since I was a teenager.

My first post on this thread extolled the OP's wonderful new car. Did you miss that?

That doesn't me we can't have a dialog about some things that are peripheral to the beauty and capability of the cars. On the quality side, do you really think its' ok to have stickers from the 458 engine valve solenoids, fall off, work their way to the bottom of the engine and result in catastrophic engine failures?

You seem to like to pick points in place of having a balanced conversation (I feel bad for you sir). I believe I said Ferrari has a history in racing that is beyond comparison. Ferrari is currently a flat out joke in F1, there is no sugar coating it. I hope they get better. The truth is their goal (as it should be) is to be world constructor champions, and nobody is near MB at this point (even Honda who is currently the number 2 player in F1 threw in the towel).

Anyway, this will be my last post on the shields topic.

I am looking forward to folks receiving their vaccines, being able to have cars and coffee events resume and seeing some amazing SF 90s on the road here in Illinois.

4. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    A local guy has the hand painted shields on his powder blue f12 - fawk they look good. Wish I wasn’t so cheap, or didn’t have such an expensive wife

Jo Sta7, Caeruleus11 and spyderman like this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #55 Lukeylikey, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    I did those on 812SF. Looks absolutely fantastic, although I probably won’t do them again for a while (maybe 812 VS). Don’t like the thought of bending a new wing and having the shield repainted. Not sure what that would cost....! They sure do look good though.

To ferrariwithsnowtyres (apologies, corrected your name for the proper spelling ;) ) it’s no issue to prefer Ferraris without the shield. And it’s a small point really, but when you automatically assume that what most people (or in fact, any people) choose shows a lack of taste or that they are only wanting to be showy, you are likely to get a reaction on fchat. There are many serial owners here, who buy the car because they love the brand and the beauty of the cars and are old enough to no longer be bothered too much about their appearance and wealthy enough not to need to show their wealth. If they choose shields, it’s because they either like them or don’t want to have to sell a car without them. The fact that most used buyers look for them too, suggests that it is something that people like - and not all of them will be only wanting to show they own a Ferrari either. Personally, I think a Ferrari without shields looks unfinished. No way I’m going to call BS to those who see it differently.

Ferrari’s current performance in F1 is irrelevant. The point is that they have always been in F1. That longevity means they have won some amazing accolades. Sometimes they go through periods where they don’t. I’m a fan of a football (soccer) team in England that does the same. I can tell you though, the fact that they are currently on the road back to ‘glory’, or at least trying to be, in no way diminishes my feelings about their history, culture and achievements over more than a hundred years. The last few years have been difficult but they will win again... That’s who they are.

[gTr], jpalmito, stavura and 4 others like this.
  6. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ManU?

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    GGMU :). (Yes, for those who might not understand)

8. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Pogba has stopped whining and started playing - though this may just be temporary :)

Lukeylikey likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Heh.
    Ah yes. I heard about that GGMU thing. Hope it's not contagious:D

YNWA boys;)

10. calgaryguy

calgaryguy Rookie

Feb 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    xiaoyu
    anyone know af package ground clearance differ than the non af version? No lift is painful

elmadi and Napoli like this.
  11. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I agree but I bit the bullet and did the AF. I drove the F8 around not using the lift as my unscientific test yesterday. Nothing shattered...yet.
    I just like the way it looks. Let’s hope it isn’t lower than usual even with the stiffer suspension.

12. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Wives taking way too much flak here on FChat!

If we didn't have wives, we would all be living in a sparsely furnished efficiency atop a splendid 20 bay supercar garage. (Not that anything would be technically wrong with that.) :rolleyes:

Rrr1 likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    From what I was told, it sits about 15-20 mm lower. But factory delivered ride heights, who knows as they are usually all over the place.
    Call your dealer and ask them to look in the service manual. There they can find the height settings for each car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    One dimension to add on to all that has already been said is whether the SF90 will have a VS edition? It has been reported in trade rags that the car will have a 4 year run and that suggests to me a VS is a real possibility. If a VS is released that will likely hit the SF90 AF editions the hardest as the VS is likely to have all of the AF pack and more power and available in relatively decent numbers if the 488 PIsta is any indication of what could happen. Owners of the AF cars will also likely be the VIPs who go for the VS's. So my logic is you will see a lot of AF cars come back to the market and few 2nd hand buyers willing to pay the $90k premium for the AF option on a second hand car when the performance uplift is marginal - not to mention no lift. Thus, I am not sure the AF enhances resale value in this scenario.

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Unless they say then we just won’t know.

My take is it doesn’t seem likely as what makes for a “track special” edition?

Usually a touch more power: not so here but, standard car is overwhelming power already

Weight reduction: AF has this

Tweaks to suspension: AF actually has an entirely different suspension!

Distinctive body elements: AF has this

Distinctive livery: AF has this.

More cost: AF is an additional option

Rarer: usually this is true. My guess is AF will be ordered by less than 50% of the orders but, you never know, maybe everyone orders it.

I find it refreshing to have the “track pack” available at time of order. The pattern of: base car, then spider, then special car (and spider) is getting a little bit tired especially with all the players in the market.

On the point of the suspension, there is not much out there. A friend of mine whom I trust his judgement has driven the AF and regular SF90 and he tells me the AF is a must. He says the standard car is fine but if you are going to drive it in a spirited manner then the benefits of the AF are more appreciated. He says the ride is not bad with AF and it just feels as you would expect- more locked in- more under control, more responsive. I realize this is all second hand but I think its worth sharing.

I will be adding AF for my spider. Yes, I know, it does seem a little contradiction, but this is Ferrari, they always make it great.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Ltfor3, of2worlds, JJ77 and 1 other person like this.
  16. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    My guess is they will probably do an Icona based on the SF90 rather than make a VS. SF90 after all is slated to have a much smaller production run of only 1000 coupes and 1000 spiders if the info shared here is correct. I too agree with you that AF pack is probably the VS version equivalent of the SF90.

Lukeylikey and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I’m with you on this. The logic is sound not to do it, but I like it better. What can I say?
    I am guessing the VS version could be a true track only type car?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. Tomnguyen

Tomnguyen Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 7, 2016
    OR
    stavura, elmadi, F142George and 3 others like this.
  19. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Thank you for photo, yes looks elegant at the rear. Do you photo of the front?

Also, does anyone here have photo of a white SF90 AF pack with stripes ? Thank you.