Asheville Golf Course communities | FerrariChat

Asheville Golf Course communities

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by BoulderFCar, Nov 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm looking at homes in the Asheville area to have a place to beat the SoFla heat. I want to be on a golf course. I'm taking a look at Mountain Air in Burnsville next week. I like the altitude and there seems to be a fair amount going on there. Any other places around Asheville I should look at?

2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I looked at Mountain Aire (http://www.mountainaire.com) 25+years ago after seeing a full page ad in the WSJ. Interesting concept and an awesome runway on the top of a mountain; literally. It was all seven figure homes at the time but the economy has driven down the market to low to mid six figures. There was nothing in Burnsville at the time and there was a definite them vs us vibe. Worth a look still; just not sure it gained any traction over the years. Good friend is building at Grand Highlands. No onsite course but 25 courses nearby. http://www.grandhighlands.com/

3. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That's my read/concern on Mountain air. Seems like everything was built from '95-03. Very low prices but very nice setting. I like the altitude as it will be cooler in the summer but probably difficult to recover what you put into it.

I'll check out grand highlands.

4. spaghetti

spaghetti Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    SC, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob Satterfield
    Tom...I highly recommend "The Cliff's " in Asheville.
    A beautiful newer upscale golf community. We've been members for ten years and are vey happy with the product.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #5 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    We have two propeties at Mountain Air. Here's an event we put together there a few years ago, unfortunately it was overcast

Gorgeous golf course, and some real values still there, several homes recently have gone for over 1mm, you should buy the Oreck "vacuum" home. We toured it that year, one of a kind and well below cost. Interesting mix of options, from a Studio condo to what was multi million dollar homes. Mr. Banks made the mistake many developers make. Scott Lutgert from Naples has a gorgeous community just down the road, we did an event there last year.

https://www.linvilleridge.com

But being close to Asheville is the place to be, fun town for sure. PM me and I'll send you joy list of favorite restaurants. But if you do have a plane or access to one, MA is hard to beat.

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Here's another neat video

7. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Headed to Asheville and Mountain Air tomorrow to take a look. I'm also looking at 3 other communities. My bias is finding one that has a fairly active community rather than the Uber home. I'm getting out Uber home business and I'm trying to live a little more lightweight. It's not going well but I'm trying.

Crazy videos with the CJ going in and out. Seems very tight to me.

We were in Asheville for a week last fall. Stayed at a great place downtown. It reminds me a lot of Boulder. Nice vibe.

8. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  9. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Lots to choose from. We have a family Home on lake Toxaway. Price of homes go from $400k to infinity.

10. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  11. dhj1900

dhj1900 Rookie

Feb 26, 2011
    biltmore forest country club i have been a member forever. minutes from ashville one of the top courses in nc

Hoodude likes this.