As I said this sort of stuff happens all the time ... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

As I said this sort of stuff happens all the time ...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, Sep 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    That seems a bit over the top. He is a man afterall and certainly deserves to be treated as such, the term Mr. applies.

2. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    The problem with this statement is easy for me:

1. MLM KNEW about their employees actions. FA, DLR, their head engineer, even the lawyers running it by the FIA for a go-no-go ruling. They had personnel involved in email fire walls LONG before RD claims: RD had to know about personal email from Ferrari to approve the blocking, because he is a team principal. He's so involved in how his employees act, that NOT knowing a specific email block is too far fetched.

2. What did Ferrari do when they found out: they fired their guy, and had him up before the courts.

MLM was found guilty of not only receiving, but trying to hide it, trying to lie about it, and THAT is the issue. Doesn't matter one bit if they had a benefit or not. It is about INTENTIONAL ACTIONS...knowledge coming clean in the sport. They failed badly.

BUT, to answer one of your previous problems: I DO believe Toyota should have been hammered....DON'T understand that action.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Toyota was not winning, or threatening Ferrari ... thus nobody cared, just as nobody cares about Renault, etc.

Again if Ferrari was leading the WDC this would NEVER ever have happened.
    Pete

4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

please get facts right, this was never bought before the FIA, has been a police investigation from the start :

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/02/1067708065973.html?from=storyrhs

http://ethisphereblog.com/ferrari-corporate-espionage-case-backfires-on-toyota/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/30/ferrari_espionage_conviction/

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58339

you will notice that in those reports Toyota showed what ethics are about by FIRING the guys ,

speaks volumes for RD's integrity :rolleyes:

McL are ****ing CHEATS !!!

5. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    You get real. The only reason anyone cares is because the technical dossier changed hands. If that hadn't happened you think the FIA would have stripped them of points and fined them 100M on the basis of a conversation? Utter fantasy.

And should I ask how I earn the title Mr.? I surely hope you don't have that level of condescension in "real life". You'll ruin your reputation.

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    just as a point of interest: does the FIA never get involved in rule breaking unless someone physically brings it to their official attention? Seems if the FIA found out about the mis-deeds under their sports rule, they would take it upon themselves to handle it...

Ferrari's stolen/misappropriated documents were first a police matter.....don't remember if the FIA were officially notified by anyone... or were they?

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    John,

Again Ferrari did not care because Toyota are pathetic thus THEY did not bring it to the FIA. Remember it was Ferrari that went to the FIA regarding McLaren, and again if McLaren were not leading the WDC they would have NOT taken it to the FIA ... IMO.

Somebody said this is about honour ... I agree. Ferrari are loosing and believe it's because of this information. The fact that they (Ferrari) could build a McLaren, BMW, Renault from all the information that undoubtably have does not matter ... they are not winning the WDC after Luca stated very clearly that they have hired Kimi to win the WDC in '07.

Ferrari are using their very close ties with the FIA to play polictics ... and the FIA love the opportunity to screw Ron because they have unfinished business. This has very little to do with the information exchange ...
    Pete