Artist Encases Incredibly Detailed Miniature Worlds Inside Antique Pocket Watches | FerrariChat

Artist Encases Incredibly Detailed Miniature Worlds Inside Antique Pocket Watches

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Dincenzo, Mar 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Artist Encases Incredibly Detailed Miniature Worlds Inside Antique Pocket Watches

Greek artist Gregory Grozos gives new life to antique jewelry by encasing miniature worlds inside pocket watches and pendants. Inspired by classic art, fantasy, and steampunk, each handmade piece of miniature art tells stories of imaginary microcosms, where tiny figurines are placed among little homes, workplaces, and even forests.

“A few years ago I had the idea of making an entire tiny world which a person can carry on him or her,” reveals Grozos. “I then started developing ways to do exactly that. My work is very painstaking and most pieces take days or even weeks to complete.” Each carefully composed trinket is made of countless individually placed elements such as tiny figurines, little cogs, and miniature trees. Many of Grozos’ steampunk inspired pieces seem to house entire factories inside their metal casings, with complex machinery and tiny people working inside.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Other pieces are inspired by fairytales, such as one pocket watch featuring a miniature Jack and the Beanstalk scene inside of it. Despite the lack of space, Grozos still manages to tell the whole story by cleverly dividing the scene into levels connected by the famous beanstalk. Another piece features a teeny-tiny apothecary inside a Victorian-era pocket watch case. Impressively, it’s full of little details, such as rows of bottles, jars, and containers of varying sizes.

You can see many more of Grozos’ miniature worlds and even purchase some on Etsy.
    Each carefully composed trinket is made of countless individually placed elements.

https://mymodernmet.com/miniature-worlds-antique-jewelry-gregory-grozos/?fbclid=IwAR0CQ7BJ9IFIHeCjf6FA9krt7IRSphGbr2E7WHozbZq2toXmvPPAYPEqZsc

energy88 and anunakki like this.
  2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    A bit of Hieronymus Bosch meets SteamPunk. Cool!

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I'd say KINDA cool.

If they were still functional watches? That would be cool.

If the art/guts he added in any way functioned with or contributed to the movement? WAY COOL, and I'd want one.

Otherwise? Yeah - nifty looking art/craft.