Art Museum in Tulsa | FerrariChat

Art Museum in Tulsa

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by UroTrash, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  2. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    We've flown to both museums for $100 hamburgers. Here's a brief description of both art museums. They both have early American artwork.

Tulsa is home to two world-class art museums. The Philbrook Museum of Art contains renowned collections of Native American, Renaissance, European, American, African, and Southeast Asian art, and is ranked among the nation's top 75 art museums by the American Association of Museums. The Gilcrease Museum boasts one of the world's largest and most prestigious collections of Western and Native American art and artifacts. Students are admitted free to both museums .Anyone for a study break? You'll have your choice between two amusement parks, a zoo, and heavy-duty shopping, including one of the largest malls in the Midwest and the upscale Utica Square, where you will find Saks Fifth Avenue, Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren's Polo Shop, and Banana Republic. The city also supports professional sports, including baseball, hockey, and soccer, as well as horse racing.

Ed

3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Ed,

You are very kind to post this reply to my post. I thought about the post and tried to delete it after I decided it should not be in the general forums, maybe in "Off topics'.

In any event you must have caught it prior to my delete. For anyone who has read this far, I originally posted a question about a wonderful museum I went to about 5 years ago in Tulsa, and what a great surprise it was.

I do believe it was the Gilcrease and would be worth the trip even if you have no other business in Tulsa, just fantastic.

4. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    mdstrib:
    For anyone coming from a distance to the Gilcrease Museum, they have a great sitdown luncheon. Good music, good food, great museum. And, the FBO at TUL has crew cars. A very pleasant mid-day trip.