Arkansas? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by larrymz3, Jun 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestaRoasta

TestaRoasta Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Almost forgot. I saw an Aston Martin db7 convertible by Crain Mazda, I think in March. Was this a visitor or a resident?

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones

Not Sure, If I remember right the owner of Wild River Country ownes an Aston.

3. Dale_K

Dale_K Karting

May 6, 2005
    Arkansas
    Well, I just moved to Arkansas this past weekend and I don't have any buyer's remose at all. It's very pleasant living here on the golf course. My bank account is pleased too after selling my place in Maryland. I'm waiting for Kerbeck to call to tell me my new Corvette is delivered.

4. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Congrats Dale!
    The Corvette is a lot of car for the money.
    Hope to get together once you are settled.

5. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    I think it was about two years ago, I went to some small town outside of LR to get a Christmas tree, and parked right on their driveway was a 512. The very next day I saw a 512 fly by on Mississippi past Leawood. They were both Rosso Coursa. That was cool

6. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Yesterday on Markham, a red 328 with black wheels. Right across Kroger, it looked good!

7. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    That was a 308 with black 3 piece BBS racing wheels.
    That would be me.

8. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    I too saw a red 328 the other day getting off the Chester Street exit (I think it was that).

It was a bearded dude driving.

9. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Only got a glance. Initially I thought it WAS a 308, but I gave it a shot. Nice ride

10. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Bearded dude was obviously the hired flunky of the real owner. I've seen bearded dude driving the owner's Range Rover a few times while taking their herd of dogs to the feed store. "Bearded dude" is a local mental case who thinks he is Gabby Hayes and can often be seen wandering around town looking for Roy Rogers and Trigger.

11. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Here Trigger... Here Trigger.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Our 328 made it through 700 miles in Arkansas without a single scratch. Even in Texas we're likely to get a scratch every few months. The roads outside of town (62, 23, 21, and etc.) are simply amazing. Unbelievably great condition roads and they're in the middle of nowhere! Eureka Springs does have obstacles, but not bad enough to even be much of a conscious consideration. Fact is with a Ferrari you drive everywhere carefully. Jennie and I didn't know better and our first trip to the Crescent was the 30% or so grade hill on the side. It was a fun experience, once it was over! :)

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It's disappointing to see the attitude of larrymz3 & arkferrari. Not the type of Ferrari people I like to hang out with. Dave, it was a pleasure to meet you this past week. The event was simply awesome. Write ups and pics can be found in General Discussion...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72492

Horsefly, when do I get to meet you!?! :)

14. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    While the roads were in great shape, and the driving was fantastic,
    the one thing that truly made the event, was the people.

15. larrymz3

larrymz3 Karting

May 29, 2005
    What? I am probably one of the easiest to get along with people you will ever meet. I have NO attitude...the only time I get any semblance of an attitude is when someone intimates something which they obviously have no firsthand knowledge of.

True story - I was at a car show last weekend and met a guy with a Subaru WRX. I was giving him various pointers on detailing his engine, then actually worked on it for him before the judges came around. One of he other car guys said 'I can't believe a Ferrari owner is detailing a Subaru guys car'.

THAT is my attitude...

16. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Mr. Rob Lay: I am sorry that you are disappointed with my "attitude". My posts were my opinions only and were not intended to offend or discourage those planning to attend the Crescent outing. I'm glad you all had a safe and fun time. Best of luck.

17. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Check your PMs.

18. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Why didn't Rob want to meet me?

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Were you at the event? Sorry if I missed you, I tried to meet everyone that was there.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sorry, maybe I don't know you well enough. Only thing I know about you is how you were talking to Dave and Chris in this thread. I wasn't impressed.

21. TestaRoasta

May 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Honestly, I haven't heard of it until an hour ago. I am in Little Rock along with Larry (saw his F355 three weeks ago). But I haven't yet met another F chatter face to face. Trust me, if I was there, we would have met, so don't feel bad. :)

22. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    As we all are aware, the event was a perfect success, none of the doom that arkferrari and larrymz3 predicted came true as they were baseless to begin with... the roads were fine, parking was perfect, the police took perfect care of us... etc.

It is ashame that we could not have had more participation from Arkansas, I offered and it was thrown back at me.... In retrospect, I am glad it worked out the way it did.

For the record, I can tell you that I have had more people tell me that Dave Jones was truly a class act. He is such a good "new" friend that he has been added to our Crescent Classic committee.

It is only one day after the event and we have more requests than openings for 2006, I think it is really neat that we have nice group of cars from California that will be joining us next year.

I am glad it is an invitational, we had the very best people on this trip, it was truly a pleasure and I can say I have made some new friends that I am sure I will enjoy for years to come...

Looking forward to 2006!

23. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    Deanna and I are already making plans for next year. Can't think of a better way to spend a few days way from work. Were going to Hawaii in November, yet all I can think of is how much fun this trip was. LOL To think that a trip to Hawaii is now a let down. Chris your evil, but in a good way. :D

24. prg

prg Rookie

Feb 17, 2004
    oklahoma
    I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier. This sounds like it was a lot of fun. Hope you'd let an Okie with a Stradale join you next year.

25. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    You have an email...