Are you on the FACEBOOK? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Are you on the FACEBOOK?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PatrickShim, Jan 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
  2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Don't get excited. Check the date. ;)

3. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
  4. bic

bic Karting

Jan 12, 2005
    South Beach
    Member since March 14, 2004.

5. Noelani

Noelani Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    R
    Thanks, guys, I'm sure we'll be great friends. For anyone else who's shy, search Renee L under names at Johns Hopkins.

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I just registered last night and spent a couple hours looking for old friends... I could not find any, other than a bunch of undergrads I knew from when I attended grad school... but you are right, it seems like one big popularity contest to see who has the most friends from different schools loaded onto your profile...... and the hot girls seem more than happy to upload an entire photo album of pics and pics of their other hot friends for guys to lurk...

7. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
  8. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    TY ive been looking for a new one its kinda old i was thinking the 20+ enzo pic

9. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I'm on dat facebook:

Leon Peck - Univeristy of Tennessee Knoxville

You on dis fchat yous as good a friend as any

10. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    facebook is taking off like crazy. At UW-Parkside it's what everyone does now, still haven't joined up though.

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    If you guys thought Facebook was creepy before...check out the facelift.

12. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    yes, i'm on the facebook, it is pretty addicting

13. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah, the new feature is definitely invasive.

I re-connected with a my girlfriend through Facebook. We grew up together, went to kindergarten through 8th grade together and had quite a few emotional flings for eachother. Then I moved 2 hours away and lost touch with her. Then we found eachother on Facebook, started talking a lot, hit it off again, and we've been together ever since. Been over 1.5 years, and we plan on getting married.

14. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i really hope that this doesn't last, the facelift. for some reason, i don't like it. it's kind of nice, but then again, the updated profile part was good enough for me

15. Esquire

Esquire Karting

Mar 3, 2006
    Law library...
    Sorry but there is nothing nice about this facelift...I dont want my every move detected and monitored on the facebook. If this facelift doesnt phase out, I'll delete my profile. Oh, and now non-college, non-highschoolers can join the facebook.

Myspace...

16. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    as if facebook wasn't stalkerish enough before, now you can see when the girl that you've always wanted breaks up with her boyfriend

17. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I don't think it's that stalkerish, I think it just gives you useless information. I don't care if Josh left this group yesterday, or if Joe created an event at a school that's 200 miles away, or that Stephanie wrote on Alice's wall, or that Bob declined an invitation to an event. Way too much stuff that I wouldn't care to look up.
    If I want to know what somebody's doing tonight, I call them, I don't check their Facebook events.
    I also don't like how photos and groups are now in the bottom left where nobody can see them.

18. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    They definitely need to make it optional. I don't know what's taking them so long to do that, it should take less than a day's work to make such a small change. Everything else is optional, so why not the thing that everybody wants to get rid of?

19. Esquire

Esquire Karting

Mar 3, 2006
    Law library...
    While you wouldn't be one of those people, and I wouldn't expect them here, there are plenty of them out there. I've had ex-girlfriends stalk me on myspace and facebook, so I made my profile private. You usually have mutual friends with ex-girlfriends, and if you are friends with those people on facebook, believe me...there are plenty of people (especially girls...sorry for the stereotype) that monitor profiles for other friends.

The live-feed can be deleted though, I just hate having to cover up my tracks as if I'm being hunted by the FBI.

20. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
  21. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #71 SefacHotRodder, Sep 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #72 Webby, Sep 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Do you guys add people as friends when they send you what appear to be random requests?

Of course, it's hard to tell once you post your profile on a forum, could be a forum member who is a lurker or something.

25. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I don't, but it might be better to go on the safe side. Just approve it, look at their profile, see if you can figure out who they are, see if they write on your wall... This girl requested me about 5 times, and I kept rejecting her, then finally her persistence paid off and I accepted, and it turns out I actually knew her lol.