Are there unsold Veyrons? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are there unsold Veyrons?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Smiles, Sep 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    If I was spending $1.5 Million on a car I would want it finished to my exact specifications, including the model year. He specifically requested a 2009 Veyron. Simple as.

2. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    +1

What argument could Volkswagen possibly have here?

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    If they're giving you the actual physical car the exact same as custom ordered, of a very limited production run, with only the DOT registration information being different - and you refuse it because of a digit on the registration - then you're being picky for the sake of being picky/power assertion IMO. He's being the Titanic and they are being an iceberg.

As far as legal issues - likely get his money back since no performance, although the catch is the "nonrefundable" portion of the deposit and Bugatti's costs of resale, if any.

4. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yeah, but he ordered a 2009 model and then after he paid in full he was told that a 2009 model was not available. The car was due to be delivered in March/April 2009 but it would be a 2008 model? No thanks. The contract stated that the deposit could only be refunded if the vehicle (in this case a 2009 model) was not available.

The Veyron market is soft. I think if he was to flip the Veyron upon delivery he would lose, at the very least, $70K - and rightly so. Who would pay MSRP for a 2008 Veyron finished to someone else's specifications when you can order a brand new one, exactly how you want it, without the hassle of a waiting list?

5. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    To me he lost his credibility, when he couldn't even write the location of Bugatti's HQ properly - I mean come on, it's a copy/paste job!!

If you were a judge you'd be a weak one, judging based on a one page article by Zekelman's lawyer's friend...

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To me it's a bit pathetic...

Lets say, hypothetically, the enzo replacement would be on sale in 2012 and I would be in the market for one. Its December 2012 and I give a pay the F70 in full, and expecting delivery in march 2013.

In march the car is delivered to the dealer and I get a call. "your car is here Sir, but there is a small problem. The car is registered as a 2012!''. Would I honestly throw a hissy fit, and demand my money back and not have the car at all? Of course not...I'd be at the dealer in a jiffy, get the keys and go for a drive.

My point is, there weren't ANY changes to the 2008 and 2009 models. So why be a cry baby over a bloody number? You buy a car as to drive in, no?

I just don't get it. Somewhere on this thread I read it was to do with the 2008 cars being worth less than a 2009 car...but whats 200K to a billionaire?

As for the concourse bit (written in the article), I never 'got' it, the whole standing in a field thing whilst a man with a piece of paper tells you if your car is pretty or not. No offence to concourse goers intended.

In the end, I'm a driver and I couldn't care less about the year of my car if there are no differences as for what I've paid for.

7. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Guys - that "anti-Semitic angle" was posted in jest. However, the linked article definately brought it up - no matter how illogically. The "Yuck" was posted over supposedly grown men (on both sides) doing a post-middle-age kindergarten fight over a Tonka Truck.

Hence the Yuck. Just for the record.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I believe the lawsuit did call Bugatti "ca-ca doo-doo heads." Further, they were uninvited to Zekelman's birthday party.

9. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    In my humble opinion the salient legal issue is whether or not what was tendered by VW constituted substantial performance. I say no.