Are there any Ferrari owners in Indiana? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are there any Ferrari owners in Indiana?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Hungry4$$$, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    HAHAHAH!

What year Vette do you have?

2. Auctung

Auctung Karting
    BANNED

Feb 1, 2008
    in my Diablo
    Full Name:
    nun ya biznas
    its a 06
    one of the rare legendary "ThunderVettes"
    ;)

3. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I heard about some guy losing in a race against a Vette, was it you?

4. Auctung

Auctung Karting
    BANNED

Feb 1, 2008
    in my Diablo
    Full Name:
    nun ya biznas
    yeah, once to a golf kart

it was sad

5. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    How'd you lose to a golf kart?

6. Auctung

Auctung Karting
    BANNED

Feb 1, 2008
    in my Diablo
    Full Name:
    nun ya biznas
    he took a short cut off a hill

7. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Sounds dangerous...

8. Auctung

Auctung Karting
    BANNED

Feb 1, 2008
    in my Diablo
    Full Name:
    nun ya biznas
    yah, he cried all the way to the ER

9. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    #34 fiorano94, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. bowbells

bowbells Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Guernsey
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    My old buddy has a shop in Indy.

Autocar Sports over on the westside near the track I believe. Lots of Fcar people go there.

B.

11. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I heard my name?

Arthur you wanker, yes still have my shop if anyone interested. Several local guys, getting more into later cars less of the racers. Derek C., remember him? is doing a lot of the F1 stuff locally.

Brian

12. bowbells

bowbells Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Guernsey
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Good to know. seems a bit childish on this forum. you know any of em?

13. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Most of the silly tech stuff is from other towns. Couple good guys left, stopped posting, tired of being jerked around, people not listening, Know what I mean?

What are you doing?

Brian

14. bowbells

bowbells Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Guernsey
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    mostly restos, still got my regulars. Hey, seen the thread on racing? check it out, we could tell some scary tales....

B.

15. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Past your bed time old man? Call me the # still same, but they closed the bar we went to, I think the girls missed your $$, LOL!!

Brian

16. bowbells

bowbells Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Guernsey
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Saturday night, just back from the boozer. Naff all on the box.

Yeah, miss them girls........

B.

17. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Hope to be moving back to Carmel in the next couple of months with my 1985 308 GTS QV EURO. Look forward to hooking up with Indy F-Chatters!

18. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    #43 enzo thecat, Feb 3, 2008
    I bought the 355 Spider in '99 put 14K miles on it almost all here in Fort Wayne. They just delivered the 360 Spider 2 weeks ago. There have been several owners here in Fort Wayne that were short time owners. They'd have a car for a season and then sell it. There are 7 of us that I know are long term owners. Several of them have multiple cars. I wont list thier names, but I'll list the cars

Dr. Steve
    512 BBi boxer, Testarossa, 328 (or 308 can't remember)

Mr. West
    360 Spider

Mr. Jack
    308, 512 BBi Boxer, 360 modena

Dr. L
    Yellow 355 Spider (Don't know if he still ahs it. Its been 6 or 7 years since I talked to him

Mr. Mike
    Owns an car tuner shop. Has several Euro F cars but its been a while since I've seen them. 5 or 6 years ago had a 355 Spider, 550 Maranello, replica daytona and my favorite a 456 Spider by Stramen!!! (I heard he sold it).

Mr X
    I has been rumored that there is a colossal collection of extremely rare and highly desirable Ferraris just outside of town. I never believed it until I saw a 360 listed in a national publication that had a contact number with a local area code. The listing mentioned that the seller was selling because the coupe was only bought to temporarily filll the space where the 360 Spider was supposed to be parked. It had like 19 miles on it! I was curious enough to call because this was when 360's were impossible to get and here was a guy in Fort Wayne selling one with a Spider inbound. I talked to his "buyer" who was coneccted to ACD Auctions. I was emailed a picture of the one he was trying to sell. Even though they tried to crop the pcture in such a way as to hide the surroundings, they couldn't hide everything. In the background was a massive collection of Ferraris of all eras in a garage the size of a warehouse. I asked the buyer if I could meet his client and he said he would give the guy my name and number, but not to hold my breath because Mr. X was VERY private. I never heard from them. I woudl love to know who that is. I got the idea that the collection is actually closer to Auburn which is one of our surrounding towns.

Mr. Y
    There is a guy in NE fort wayne that has a car collection in a new Pole barn of mostly american cars. He has a 308 in there also.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM

There are even more cars than this in Ft. Wayne. Include my '74 308 GT4 in that mix plus a couple F430's and there is a 308QV one subdivision over from me that spends most of its life sitting (how unfortunate!) plus there is a not so social guy here SW that has a 360. I've tried to get him out on a drive but he looks frightened whenever he sees me at Scott's. (Like I'm going to talk to him or something....LOL!) There used to be a 360CH, but he's since sold and is on to Porsche's again I think...

Was your 355 yellow????

Also, I had heard that "Mr X" was actually a female collector. Very private with one helluva collection....could be rumor...

JIM

20. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Jim,

you and I will have to hook up sometime. The Yellow 355 belongs to Dr. L. He is retired and also has a Superformance Cobra and a 2001 Shelby and a few other cars. I don't know if he still has them but its been a while since I've talked to him. You are correct, there are a few others in town. But I only listed cars that I have seen with my own eyes. I heard "Mr. Sound" has a yellow 430 but I haven't seen it. Through the years I've always heard he has this Ferrari or that one, but it always turns out to be just a rumor. Same with "Mr. Pizza" and same with "Mr. Paintball". I am leaving names out but it seems like you are connected to the F Car community here so I am sure you've heard the same things about the same people. Email me if you want more info.

I heard that the collector was a female also, but in my experience, the broker referred to a "he" and "his". You are correct, I forgot about "Mr. Sunbeam" He has a red 308 and has had it for several years at least.

enzo

21. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Lets make sure that we hook up soon. I have a buddy in town who has a 700+HP viper who wants to organize a Sat/Sun Coffee & Cars type get together all driving season. I'm 100% for it. (Actually, I'll end up doing the work.) PLUS, Mr. Jack has offered to host another get together at some point. Mr. Sound has expressed interest in attending get togethers as his schedule permits. That being said, I'd really like to get the FCar owners of this area united so we can represent at Indy and Michigan events, not to mention our own brotherhood. Despite my car being down for most of last year, I still managed over 5,000 miles! I need more Ferraris out there running with me. :)

JIM

22. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I hope that Jack (512bbi, 308, 360) will be having another gathering or two this coming summer. Last year it was very nice, clean, and classy. I'm a Michigander but Ft. Wayne is only 65 miles away from me. In fact I lived down there for a few years (way back in 80,81, & 82) while going to college. Ft. Wayne is a nice city.

23. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I'm in for any gatherings from Louisville to southern Mi.

Mr. Enzo thecat, you have a very nice garage setup. I like the white cabinets especially.

24. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Thanks! That means a lot coming from this group! I am always changing things around and adding memorabilia. I am currently working on something that will be really special, but its going to take some time, research and work. If you have any ideas, let me know!

enzo

P.S. Thanks for the complimentary words about Fort Wayne. It is a great town.

25. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #50 SMS, Feb 4, 2008
    Hey Brian,
    Can your diagnostics evaluate A/F ratios thruout simulated driving conditions like we see from the chassis dyno shops? I want to be sure my 77 308 GTB is safe but most efficient before track day season gets here. Starts first try hot or cold, Idles, runs excellent at all ranges, mileage is horrible. Yesterday I could have told you what jets I have in it, brain fade today, but I have it written down. Plug cuts look like this: