Are non-english language threads or sub forums a good idea for the european section? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Are non-english language threads or sub forums a good idea for the european section?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Wolfgang, Apr 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Subforum stay or go?

1. It's great, please keep it this way or better; make more non-english subthreads!

2. No, no, no... This Dutchie stuff I don't appreciate, away with it and with all the subthreads too!

3. I don't like it, but the subthreads in other languages can stay...

4. Subwha? ... I see a yellow submarine! ... Ah, who cares, just have fun here and talk FERRARI!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Carsten,
    I had decided not to post any more on this thread as I already made my position clear and because I, unlike Wolfgang :) , have given up with fights that cannot be won. New Ferrarichat is this, whether we like it or not, and I know to be part of a minority (and proud of it).
    I admire your works, it has been a joy in the past to see them growing step by step.
    For sure you have full respect from most of those who were here in the "Soviet Union" days (see other posts in a closed thread) not only for your art, but for the time you and Tina spent sharing with us your experiences (loved Le Mans reportage). If you only have asked to be paid by the hours you spent here entertaining us all for free...
    Some others cannot even understand what I am talking about. They were not even around :D.
    Please do not let questionable opinions drive you mad. It is not worth it.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I cannot complain, thank you.

I can´t remember ever suggesting anything about the friendships I have or haven´t made on this site, but if you feel the need to assume I haven´t you are -of course- free to do so.

Selling drawings. I believe I was very clear on that.

I don´t. My friends think not too highly of my drawings, so they have no interest in buying them.

I have no access to your financial data.

Not so much the businessman than. That´s a pity. People would be more then willing to pay a decent price, and why shouldn´t you keep the business apart from the friendship? But that is a whole different discussion.

You do have a commercial interest. As it turns out, you don´t wish to pursue them, which is fine, but don´t deny the interest itself. Besides, with showing your drawings, it attracks international attention. It is far easier for you to make international contacts than for someone who visits Fchat but hasn´t really got anything to share or to offer himself.

You used your own moral standard as a benchmark for the morals of everyone else. There is no other way to put it. I don´t make up wat you think or mean, I simply read it in your post.

I am not telling you what you can or cannot write. I am pointing out the simple consequences of your post.

If it is OK with you, I´d rather venture into the general threads such as ´vintage´, ´racing´, ´showroom´ as well. Fchat is much bigger than the Dutch speaking threads. Difference between you and me is, I don´t complain about the participants that actually do stick to the Dutch speaking threads.

Please refrain from making any personal comments. It doesn´t help you argument in the least.

And I don´t care one bit about your signature. I don´t even care if Fchat would be making you a millionaire if only you´d ask money for your drawings. I wasn´t attacking you on your commercial interests, I was merely pointing something out.

Stop being overly defensive.

3. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks a lot Eugenio,
    Both Tina and I very much appreciate your compliments, not only for my works, but also for the fact that you actually remember our "Le Mans report"!! :):)

Don't worry my friend, guys like these cannot drive me mad....not even close!!!

I feel most certain that we will meet you at some European event some day, and both Tina and I will be looking very much forward to that day!

Until then my friend, accept the very best regards from Tina and me

Carsten

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Doesn´t it strike you as ironic that both you and Wolfgang are the only ones guilty of using personal insults in this discussion, yet you are also the ones complaining of a lack of respect?

5. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Did you actually read that post? The last paragraph sums it up nicely and I agree with him. Which leads us to the question, how can you agree with him?

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Against who personally??? :confused:

Your ability to read between the lines are seemingly way better than your ability to understand that not everyone shares your oppinions, just as not everyone shares my or Wolfgang's oppinions!!!
    Obviously you are not even aware that you actually insulted other peoples yourself!!!?? tsk....tsk....tsk!!! :(

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    who did you mean by using the term ´arseclowns´

no one?

8. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Please let it rest guys... this discussion is going nowhere... once again...

Well said Eugenio... exactly my thoughts...

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    are you plural?

10. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    no, but as part of the group that is referred to as ´arseclowns´ it is justified to feel offended, no?

And even if it wasn´t directed at me, every insult is one too many. I think an ex-moderator would have to agree with me on at least that one.

11. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Who says I agree with Dave.......???? :confused: Are you reading between some lines again.......or????!!! :confused:
    I really am starting to worry for your reading abillities!!! :(

I'm gonna move on now......simply giving up on your way of thinking/guessing or whatever it is that you do!!!

Anyway, have a nice life

Carsten

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I was typing about a world wilde problem and pointed out its not dutch, europe.....with all this A, B , C types.
    Carsten just took reference.

Why do you always feel personal offended?
    I have never typed your name or your nation.

But as my old Prof. always said: if the shoe fits, wear it!

13. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

Ah,

this is getting stranger by the minute.

So now you are thanking posters that doesn´t seem to agree with you, yet you bent over backwards to fight against others who don´t agree with you just the same.

Thereby even using curious swearingwords, without even owning up to it.

Please, I ´d like to know: at whom is the insult ´arseclowns´ directed? And if not at anyone on Fchat, why did you use the word in the first place?

As for now, you are not making any sense whatsoever.

14. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

right....

Let me spell it out to you:

This thread contains a lively discussion. This thread also contains comments coming from you in which you suggest some people have no brain. Doesn´t take a rocket-scientist to figure out who you have in mind with that remark. Same goes for Carsten when using the word ´arseclowns´.

Now, believe me if I say that I couldn´t care less about what you think of me personally, I just find it odd that those who appeal to mutual respect, are also the (only) ones that lower themselves to said remarks.

It only gets worse now it appears that you won´t even own up to them. So why use them in the first place?

It is really a basic form of respect to refrain from personal insults, either being it specifically directed to a particular individual or in general. It doesn´t help the discussion one bit. It only shows your true nature. Which happens often when people can´t seem to win their argument. Apperantly it takes too much character to respect your opponent even in the fiercest of battles. You, my friend, have shown your true face, as has Carsten. Which is a pity, but a reality nonetheless.

15. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    These last few posts are nothing to do with this thread. If you guys have problems with each other either use the ignore feature or take it offline.
    Cheers
    Simon

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Sorry, you lost any grip and control the car is driving - not you.

This was and should be a discussion. You want to turn it over in a personal fight!?
    Not me, never ever, thats not my party.
    You can discuss with me with arguments and also with cynisim, sarcasm and irony - no problem; but please dont try to run in a personal attack!

Lets go back topic or stop at this point.

And once again, I have never named or called a single person or country!

17. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    that is a lousy excuse for suggesting people have no brains and then fail to take the responsibility for your own remark.

I am not taking this to a personal level. I am not the one suggesting those who don´t agree with me are without brains. I am not the one referring to those who don´t agree with me as ´arseclowns´.

And if I was, I would at least have the dignity to accept responsibility for my remarks. No one has forced you into making them.

I am, in fact, surprised that both you and Carsten are seemingly getting away with it.

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
  19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    whatever...

20. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    You know, it is really gratifying to see that you all took my advice of 5 pages ago to heart and started behaving like adults. I see a lot of grown-up language like "a$$clowns" to illustrate the point that the person uttering it feels the person addressed is not polite enough. Very delicately put.

And it was also great to see that Rob Lay's suggestion for a win-win solution was so hearfelt and warmly received and implemented. We have embraced each other and we have gone away from this little spat with a lesson learnt.

I think we are all ready to teach Nelson Mandela and Mahathma Ghandi something about forgiveness. Maybe we can be asked to run the UN for a year or two, see if that improves global tensions.

Peace brothers.

Onno

21. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    You´re right of course.

To both Carsten and Wolfgang:

Let´s agree to disgree, since I will probably never see this subject the way you do. It is a pointless discussion anyway, since the subforum exists and this particular poll points out it is here to stay.

22. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Bayeti Nkosi!! Uyasikhuluma isiJalimani? Ngiyasikhuluma kancane isiNgisi! :)

Uhambe kahle, MARK

23. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Well said by our man in New Delhi...agreed. MARK