Are non-english language threads or sub forums a good idea for the european section? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Are non-english language threads or sub forums a good idea for the european section?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Wolfgang, Apr 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Subforum stay or go?

1. It's great, please keep it this way or better; make more non-english subthreads!

2. No, no, no... This Dutchie stuff I don't appreciate, away with it and with all the subthreads too!

3. I don't like it, but the subthreads in other languages can stay...

4. Subwha? ... I see a yellow submarine! ... Ah, who cares, just have fun here and talk FERRARI!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

No it is not. It is international.

Ask Rob Lay if he wants to limit the site to the US, or if he wants it to be precieved as a global Ferrari site.

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Kannst du nicht oder willst Du mich nicht verstehen?
    Ferrarichat.com is HOSTED in the USA and owned/managed by Rob Lay/Texas.
    The court of jurisdiction is USA/TEXAS!

For sure EVERYBODY from all around the world is wellcome to praticipate.

3. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    You are using this argument to point out that the language on Fchat should exclusively be English. That it is a different argument than saying that Fchat as a legal and economic entity is American. Of course it is an American entity, but that in itself is no argument for the proposition that the language should exclusively be in English.

Simple proof for the contrary lies in the fact that Rob Lay himself has opened up the Belgian/Dutch subforum. So apperantly Rob Lay himself doesn´t agree with your statement that the language on Fchat should exclusively be in English.

So that pretty much makes this whole discussion pretty obsolete, no?

4. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    and the story continious. If I look at the poll, the Dutch subthread and the language threads don't have to worry. Well cool; than that's settled? Right?
    What I don't like is that I got some e-mails about this poll. That I was instructed to do so by somebody else?

I mean; WFT? I know that a moderator on this site has something to do with those rumours and I just think it's stupid... what do people think?

you know; I'm already sorry that I had the guts to make a poll instead of not coming here again or talk about it in several other threads.
    For years I come here at this site, I've met lots of people from several different nationalities, we shared some great thinges together, went to Germany, Belgium, Italia on events... but now?

Just a handful of people destroying a great forum, a great community. I say; thank you!

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    GTE,

my very last try B4 I give up with you:

YES, it is an american forum and we are GUESTS!

I don t know how you act as a GUEST on holiday in a foreign country.
    For sure you can speak your language - its not forbidden.
    But if you try to speak and understand their language, try to get in touch with them, try to have some conversation, try to understand the peoples you will be highly welcomed even if its not fluend and broken.
    But you`ll get always a smile.
    But for sure and again back to the "guest on holiday in a foreign country" situtation: You can stick and only hang around in your 5***** hotel resort with +100 dutchies who also speak your language. Nobody will force you to go out of the resort and to meet other peoples.

Now, you got it?
    Sandbox = Hotel Resort

So why do people travell +1.000 miles for holiday and don`t go out to see the surrounding? They could stay at home = use / chat in a .de or .nl forum

Best
    Wolfgang

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dear Waldo,

please don`t give up buddy!
    .....auch mir hauts hier gleich die Falten aus dem Sack!

Keep on!

Wolfgang

7. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    I hope you don't mean me. Be careful what you say. ;) I received the same emails mister, you've made yourself very popular obviously. :confused:

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    In 4 years of my membership at fchat.com I haven`t read a sentence like this (without a diactivating smily ;) ) in the european section.

9. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Ah, I forgot it... (edited) ;) This man is accusing me for no reason and that's not so nice. I think it is a good moment to close the thread, it's going the wrong direction.

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thank you! :)

11. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Just the same way as we do not all agree with you Marnix, we do not have to agree with all the things Rob Lay comes up with, or sometimes does not come up with!!!
    I have excactly the same oppinion as many others......we are all guests at an American website/forum which is meant for every nation on the planet, but still we are all visitors though, and as such we should act like visitors and repect the fact that most users on this site are writing/reading in English which is the native language in the US.......writing in other languages is in my oppinion disrespectful, just as stated by Eugenio! Sorry, that's the way I was raised(And that is not meant as an excuse for me!)Unfortunately I know that many kids of later generations was not raised to respect anything or anybody at all, in the same way as I was!!!

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Well said Carsten!

13. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Carsten, good afternoon.

What could be the best solution to stop this long thread which makes everybody exited ?
    I think this site has one owner and we have to follow and respect his rules as we are all a guest on his site as our friend Wolfgang quoted also.

So, I sent Rob Lay a message and I hope he finds the time to give a small and final reaction here.

14. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I don't believe there is any reason to close this thread.
    It will run its course. However, there is also no reason to open new ones on the same subject.

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    You are welcome to go ahead and keep yourself busy with Ferrari! :)
    Some of us are just discussing the fact that we are sad that what this place used to be has been destroyed by others, and by ourselves!!
    You don't need to bother at all, this is not anything dangerous at all.......let me explain to you:
    You see, just as in the old days we are only having a nice discussion with some other people(Some of us are even friends since many years!!!!) from across our borders, and we don't want that to be ruined again now!!! :) People are in fact interacting here.......see??

16. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Why stop it???? Isn't excited a "great" word???? :)
    As I just wrote before, we do not need to carry the same opinion in questions like these!
    "If you don't like the content in threads like this, then you are not forced to go back here again"........that is the answer we get if complaining over the Language subforums and threads......well, the same goes for you Henkie, If you dont like this thread, then why read or even post in it???

17. tele013

tele013 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Malaga, Spain
    Full Name:
    jesus
    Como decimos en España......que mal rollito.....

Nice to "see" you again Wolf....

18. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Well Carsten, the thread is called "is the subforum Dutch / Belgium ok, or should it go?"
    As I am quite familiar with the dutch forum I thought it was quite handy to follow it. But when people accuse me I get indeed "exited". ;)

But hey, you're right. I'd better leave this thread where it is.
    Peace and harmony, and I love you all :cool:

19. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I could rename the thread if people wish. The way I see it is that this is not against the dutch subforum but against non english threads/forums in general. The dutch subforum is chosen as an example as it is the largest non-english group within the euro section.

If people wish to discuss the english/non-english theme that is fine with me. This is not an anti-dutch thread.

Cheers
    Simon

Edit Thread title changed

20. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    If opinions aren't welcome, it's a common method to suppress them by closing a thread.
    Gladly they pop up in a new one. :D

O.k, some guys might argue, all this was already discussed a year ago, but
    in 2005 there was no bad experience with all these language threads making Europe to explode.
    Now we are atomized.

Above was mentioned, the poll result seems to show the new language threads settled.
    What I fear is: The majority is no longer reading the Europe section.
    They don't vote at all.
    Many left this platform - for reasons we discuss here today.

Second: most possible answers given to click are nonsense and making fun of this issue in order to split the critical votes.

cinque

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Henkie,

Waldo did not do anything in here to make himself popular, except the fact that he carry the same kind of respect for other people as they carry for him.....owners or non-owners like myself! "if you respect other people and treat them nice, other people will respect you and treat you nice back"... that is the saying from my childhood which has given me friends from all arround the globe, from all layers of the society, and nothing nor nobody has ever proven this saying to be wrong for me!!! Treat people like SH*T and they will wipe your arse! Treat poeple nice, and they will treat you nice back!!!

22. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Jesús, un qué placer de leer/véale otra vez. Recuerdos a España asoleada de Alemania El tuyo Wolfgang

23. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  24. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    This analogy simply doesn´t hold up. What if people don´t feel the need to interact with the locals? It is not mandatory in any way to interact with the locals.

25. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    You are missing the point. The fact is that Rob Lay owns this place. He can do with it what he wants to. He can pull the plug in the next hour and you wouldn´t have any ground to force him to put the plug back in. So, since Rob Lay organized the Dutch/Belgian subforum, this whole discussion is pointless. Sure, you can have your complaints about it, but your complaints have been heard and are known. So what´s next? You can repeat yourself over and over again, but what does that bring us? Exactly, nowhere.

Now you are just forcing your own moral standars upon others. Talk about disrespectful.

And yes, I am offended by the notion that people who limit themselves to participating on the Dutch/Belgian subforum are lacking in respect for others. The mere fact that people obviously don´t feel the need to interact on a global, international scale, doesn´t make them lesser human beings, nor is there any reason to suggest they have lower morals than those who do feel that need.