Are 50k TR's in our near future?? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Are 50k TR's in our near future??

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gsworld2014, Jan 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Go look at your posts... You asked me the same question multiple times which I answered multiple times. Accused me of trolling a few times, now saying I post on dozens of bubble threads(implying that's what I do on here).

It's all good but I will check in on you from time to time if it makes you feel better. Good luck!

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I know what I've posted so pls substantiate. also I didn't say u have posted in dozens, I said you cld have posted in any of them. you specifically chose the tr value thread and that wasn't enough apparently so 2 mins later you created this thread.

am I wrong?

and you are trolling - more than a bunch of people also concluded on that based on your posts but easier to point the finger at me than take responsibility for your posts.

3. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    That is not trolling, I simply asked a question! That is obviously an issue in the TR forum with some of you! Obviously people are interested in the topic as this thread has been viewed a lot. And yes I did create it 2 min after I made a comment because I thought the question was interesting enough for it's own thread.

Your the one who got upset with my opinion.. It's obvious some of the people on here to not want opposing views while others welcome them because quite frankly its entertaining discussion

Again. Relax your way to upset for nothing. Be happy we can all drive ferraris. Thankful actually... I know I am!!

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    just show me the bullying posts already

feel free to consult bradwilliams or superdave if you need help

5. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I don't need to consult anyone, I stand on my own. Don't know who those guys are.

I assume you are doing well for yourself... Be happy!! Life is good!! I wish to well.. Don't be miserable.... Go for a drive!!!

Be who you are... Your "a know it all bully". Embrace it!! All good.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  7. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Hahaha. Thought so what? You know what you wrote. ... You can't admit your wrong.. It's wrong to accuse some of trolling, accuse me of being another user, suggesting I wrote the post by mistake... Look at your own posts. .... That's bullying to make me stop posting.
    Have a nice night.

8. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    By the way at this point this has gotten totally off the subject.... I apologize for that.

Those of you that disagree with the thread no one forced you to post.... I was just looking for opinion! It worked!! :)). Those of you who agree that there will probably be ups and downs in any market... Cheers!! You are sensible and understand the economy!

Have a nice night everyone!!!

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Disagreements in opinion can be voiced without a derogatory tone, cursing and bypassing the profanity filter, and terms like weak-minded and ignorant.

I'm glad everyone's saying "good night" because the recent exchange deserves a warning or bans. I'm going to leave it at a warning, for now. But any repeats will result in bans.

10. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #135 DanielG, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    And really, you started it not me. Am I childish, yes. I was told once, I don't care what you know about me or what you think you know about me.
    It's what you don't know that you should be concerned about.

Think hard before you respond, I like to fly, oh and I'm retired and have lots of time.
    Yep, I'm a short 5'9" 180lbs Dego, I think it's called "little big man syndrome" just in case you were going to throw that out there. Been there done that, square one.....it's what you don't know.

Chat room tough guy, really? you actually wrote that, you're pretty
    Not a threat, but you said it, I'll show up with no computer. Try me.

[*** address deleted ***]

come see me.
    Or give me your address, I'll come see you.

LOL, weak minded......you're pretty.....do you want to compare IQ's next LMFAO. Or bank accounts, or cool cars owned in the past, or cool cars present, or daily drivers, how many properties I own, or my wife's prettier than yours, or my kids are smarter than yours, or, I make better Italian food, or
    wait, you are better at all of the above right?

You should do a little recon before you speak with crap. All who know me...I'll be on the first plane.

I have nothing to hide,

You should never ever respond to a post " if it makes you feel better Daniel"
    That's a personal attack, you deserved the response you got. You made your bed.

And I told you, don't ever call me Daniel.
    You choose to disrespect me intentionally by not listening, don't call me Daniel, yet you did again.....DO YOU THINK I WAS KIDDING??? It's Mr. Giannini

Don't ever tell me I should be be embarrassed about my name, My father and grandfather would agree with me. Did you know them? No. Was my great grandfather the founder of Bank of Italy, Yes!
    Trust my idol implications, I'm Italian, don't (*^^ with me)
    I can show up at your doorstep or you at mine, and I am inviting you....or is the plane ride out of your budget?

Or to not waste our time with a worthless meeting on individual terf, meet me in a neutral Zone, say....Las Vegas. then go our ways and still have a fun weekend.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    holy cow that's amazing - your grandfather was a hero...that's so awesome

12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Well,..my moneys on a ban in 3..2..1

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Interesting, its a Totaly restored car same color as mine and more KMs.
    The dealer who wants mine I told needed 500k, now I will have to up the number to fend him off. Well first mill gets it.

In all seriousness, a total restoration, famous owner and an auction may be an anomoly. Or boxers might have broken out into a higher orbit again.

My rule of thumb is boxers are 50% of daytonas, and Daytonas seem to be 700K cars these days. Perhaps now the rules have changed.

Maybe Testraossas are where boxers used to be in the 100-120K range and Boxers are headed towards where Daytonas used to be at 500K as a reordering of the pieces.
    Or maybe people realize that Dinos are not really 400K cars but boxers are so much more car they should be 400K.

Hard to say. But my impresion is that overall the market is softening, but yes as posted before some items will still rise. Glass 308s are hitting records, while steel carb cars are softenign again. Maybe TRs will continue to climb while testaraossas decline.

Like the presidential elections, we will find out in the next year.

Anybody know of agreat dead Tr reasonable, i wnat to put my NIB 512m motor in it. Or alternatively a Boxer shell?

14. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    LOL, ya , oops, sorry guys

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    well one thing you can't take away from danielg is he didn't elude to anything, he came out and said it. not surprising given his lineage. for those of you who don't know the giannini family do yourselves a favor and go look them up. true heroes in both italian and American history!

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #141 ylshih, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    We can't have threats of physical confrontation or violence. If you can't keep disagreements to the forum, you don't belong here. 2 week ban.

I've also been reviewing the thread to see how this got started. I find that gsworld2014 has been stirring up the pot...

If it were merely posting a controversial opinion, it would be one thing, but despite his complaint about other's demeaning comments...

There were at least 4 instances of derision and insults posted by him against others that escalated the negative tone...

2 week ban for trolling.

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    threat of physical violence via the internet...how does that work?

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    prices have softened for all exotics in the past few months. we aren't going to see prices like during 2009-2012 ever again, but I do think in general prices have to come down a bit.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the funniest thing of it all is that all the guys coming on here to proclaim the subprime of cars - none of them bought a single car from 09 to 12. so my question is if an "enthusiast" didn't buy a car then when will they?

I'm not a Porsche guy - I wld never goto onto rennlist and tell those guys they're cars are worth nothing, they are all speculators, and 993tts are going back to 70k.

20. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +1 - the nonesense data point people talk about Is the tax money only on the cars. These people are not dreamers, they are clueless when they say these things.

I guess all the dealers will go bankrupt , imagine all the other car dealers, sales people, mechanics, parts people, secretaries etc losing their jobs.

Ferrari-512-Testarossa-ZFFLG40A9N0091741 - Ferrari Bentley Lotus of Denver

http://www.quebec.ferraridealers.com/en_ca/used/1986/ferrari/testarossa/1986-ferrari-testarossa-red-montreal-for-sale-zffsa17axg0065721

http://www.quebec.ferraridealers.com/en_ca/used/1983/ferrari/512bb/1983-ferrari-512bb-montreal-for-sale-zffja09b000043799

21. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yep, Dinos were 40 - 60K when i looked them in late 1998- 99. They have never looked back, as much as I would have liked it. TRs have most likely reached a new base and I'm sure it will not be 50K. Excellent cars just sold for big money and that is right in the middle of a stock market being quite fickle. Just saw Lloyd Blankfein of GS say its an interesting and fun time in the markets. What we live for.

There has to be a reason for things to happen and a correction in the market will not force a selloff necessary to cut 60% of the base prices. I don't know what will happen, but all cars will fall hard as well and it did not happen in 08-09 as predicted by some. No 300K 275GTBs.

The 50K TR ship has sailed.

22. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    Fascinating discussion, mostly for how long it's dragged on! A couple of things:
    1. I personally don't care much for Tesatarossas. Never owned or wanted to own one. Matter of taste...
    2. I think that there is a chance that collectable cars take a step back or stagnate for a while.

Having said the above, I find the idea of 50k Testarossas absurd, plain and simple. If somebody who's biased against the car and the market finds the premise of this discussion crazy does it even make sense to discuss why it's crazy?

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Went for 170K Euros 5th car

25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Actually, that was the high bid. It was a no sale at that bid.