App Builder????? | FerrariChat

App Builder?????

Discussion in 'Technology' started by dream cars, Apr 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    I have very limited coding knowlage, is there an app builder (online or software) that would allow someone like me to build an app for an ipod touch that has a few info pages in it and restricts the user to only camera use? I don't need it on the app store just on ipods we physically have possession of. thanks

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Mike, I would just browse and find a local coder close by, reach out, and ask for help quickly developing this. I'm sure they can do it, it won't be free, but it doesn't sound too in depth.

3. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Karting

Sep 30, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Hi Mike - Curious about your requirements. I think most people would use Guided Access or set up Restrictions to limit the apps available on an ipod touch. Are you talking large numbers of ipods. What is the significance / importance of the info pages, marketing? Do you want WiFi access blocked as well? Can you share more details? You basically want a camera?

Cheers,

4. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    My experience with any CMS and app builder like what your hoping for brings more nightmares than benefit. The cost isn’t just learning how to use the software, but the guaranteed upkeep/maintenance needed to keep up with best practices and standards as iOS updates. Best to hire a developer IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Mike, let me know if you need additional help with the app.

6. WilliG

WilliG Rookie

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Williams Wittiet
    It's better to apply to the professionals to save both time and money. Of course it depends on your budget. Based on my own experience I can suggest these application testing professionals https://www.infopulse.com/services/software-engineering/application-testing/. They have affordable prices and provide full lifecycle IT services from consulting start-ups to development.

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Willie, what has been your direct experience with them? Have they built you an app front to back? Or have you just used them for testing?

I'm about a month away from choosing a company to build mine out, and so far have 2 proposals, 2 natives (android/ios) to be built, with a ton of backend (server and security mainly), and the costs are insane (to me at least), but I dont know what "normal" looks like. It's finance based.

8. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    It’s hard to gauge estimates for developers because unless you are at least a jr dev you are likely to miss a lot of the technical details/aspects of the app that may or may not be included in each proposal. How you chose to design the infrastructure initially will impact future dev investment.

FWIW I’m involved with a company that develops voice apps for Alexa and Google Assistant, and have a web based company for the last 18 years.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app