anything sexier than a black testarossa!? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

anything sexier than a black testarossa!?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by JeremyJon, Mar 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    With all due respect to Shamile, nothing beats the women I've shot with my black TR. Peruse the links below in my sig.

:)

2. Fonzi 91

Fonzi 91 Rookie

Jun 20, 2011
    Bath, England
    I know it's childish but I do love the reaction when they get an eyeful of that Flat 12 for the first time, a lot of oohing arring and sharp intakes of breath. There's nothing like a well sorted Testarossa.

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #78 Melvok, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Sebastian,

My 512TR was lowered by one of the pre-owners.

As a result, the F does reach the 310 km/h limit (on GPS) on the German Autobahns .... :)

But also you ruin the front spoilerlip of € 800 each time you have to pass a bump somewhere ....

Do considder IF you really want that ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
  5. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
  6. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Not sure it was all love! But it also sounds like quite a value considering the recent work. Seriously.

7. BlackTesta

BlackTesta Karting

Feb 24, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Fischer
    I never had a ride, which wasn´t lowered noticeably - this means, i am getting used to it for 15 years now. Furthermore, we don´t have your well known and heavily feared "drempels" in Germany ;)

I love the look of a lowered testarossa that much, that backstepping to OEM ride height isn´t an option at all for me.

8. BlackTesta

BlackTesta Karting

Feb 24, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Fischer
    Thank you very much!!! It was a 7h job to install and adjust *evil* but worth it.

The riding comfort is much better than the original KONI setup. Stiff, but not bumpy - and very stable in curves.

9. blackdr

blackdr Karting

May 20, 2008
    #84 blackdr, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    sorry about the late reply as I had forgotten about posting something here as I suddenly had been redoing like a million things in my home for spring/summer cleaning

but for me I've always kind of thought that the lines over the ends of the intakes are key to the look of the TR and well however despite that I'm kind of seriously love/hate with them as honestly I think it looks much cleaner like it is on your car right now but still in lighter colors it looks like somethings missing as I came across a straight white one with white everything, all white body, interior, spoilers just minus the lines over the air intakes and it really looked like something was seriously missing on that baby:

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/167465/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

so if you ever decide to put them back on I think it would probably look a hell of alot cleaner and better than stock if they were thinned out at the front to give them a more streamlined apperance to match the much smoother looking front end from the 512 M you have on yours rather than looking so thick at the ends like on the stock TRs

think like the thin bottom bristles of a comb, the thin ones at the bottom rather than the thick ones at the top which is what it reminds me of on the stock ones. which I remember caused someone to call it a flying hair dryer once in an article I read about a red one, in a nice way though and ever since then I cant help but think of the stock TR just like that when looking at it from the front.

and also maybe angled them to match the slant of the air intakes in the rear from the sides or reverse that and I've always though that was the one thing they should have redone for the 512TR revision of the TR and then mixed that in with the bumper of the 512M like you have also mixed in with the normal interior of the TR with the smooth seats and black shift knob would have been the TR that blew the LP400 - pre 1989 countach out of the water coolness wise.

that and if you car had the stock bumper I personally think ferrari should have used something like Koenig front bumper without the two protruding lips:

http://www.koenig-specials.com/bilder/bilder600px/600px/ak-testarossa-bild7.jpg

mixed in with the stock spoilers painted a semi gloss or gloss black to really bring the TR up to the level of the countach or the lotus espirt style wise while still distinctly keeping the identity of the TR intact vs the sharp wedge design of both of those said those cars

plus mixed in with the clear turn signals like your car has or the 89's two piece one, upper A Pillar mirror and koenig one on the right, 84 - 86 style center lock rims and a Nero Mettalic paintjob like the vice car was originally delivered with back in Irish Eyes.

now that would be my dream TR.

10. kopiokosong

kopiokosong Formula 3

Sep 25, 2009
    wow isee u have given this a lot of thought . personally i would have liked the 512tr lower front spoiler over my 512m , the other really sacreligious thing ive been mulling over is a black cf rear wing but that really may be just too ott but would give the car more Bad which i feel would go with the stealth effect. have switched to graphite 430 wheels which again updates the overall look and now on the hunt for a set of f40 seats! will keep u posted. for the shift knob, i put on a cf ball quite nice in black and am pondering over a f 50 steering wheel but its a bit small .

11. blackdr

blackdr Karting

May 20, 2008
    well I do kind of like the 512TR's in general over the 512M's front too but it just seems like the square front light units are too at odds with the paint job and really stick out from it to use it, like giantic ice cubes when the lights are off and its only when there lit up do they seem to blend into the car

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsQEinS234[/ame]

however it does look it like the lower half could be painted like the TR with the front spoiler deal as the bottom spoiler on the bumper does line up with the sides, its just that well it looks like it needs someone to graft the 512M's and Ferrari F355 style turn signal and fog lights to it before its kind of an ideal sleaker inbetween of the two, well three designs with 2 variations in the original TR's case.

and yeah I can see how the spoiler would add to the badassery look of it and personally I've never really had anything against putting that kind of spoiler on it, the non F40 one koenig makes

kind of like on the Wangan Midnight TR:
    http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_297451-Koenig-Specials-Testarossa-1985.html

always thought it looked great and I love the rims on this which I think I actually looked up once and found they did actually exist, dont remember who made them or what the model it was as I did that awhile ago but they are real.

12. kopiokosong

kopiokosong Formula 3

Sep 25, 2009
  13. BlackTesta

BlackTesta Karting

Feb 24, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Fischer
    Hmmm, i am already customer there and Walter Koenig replies on emails quite fast.

OK, what do you want to order? I can manage that for you.

Cheers,

Sebastian

14. kopiokosong

kopiokosong Formula 3

Sep 25, 2009
    im keen on a set of those headlights and their shocks and anti roll bar. if u can hook me up with them id be really grateful, will pm u my email so that you can copy me in when u email them . thanks again

15. Shinny

Shinny Rookie

Jul 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dave Schinbeckler
    #91 Shinny, Jul 12, 2012
    Frames two and five are mine. No offense taken. And fun to drive. Just came back from a lapping day at Shannonville, just east of Belleville, Ontario. The Ferrari was a hit with just about everybody - from headbangers in Hondas to a retiree in a Skyline GT-R. Everytime I opened the engine cover I had a crowd. The common comment from the spectators was on the sound it made screaming past the grandstands at about seven grand in third. Makes your hair stand on end.

16. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #93 JeremyJon, Jul 10, 2013
  17. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The big, wide Ferraris like Testarossa and Enzo look sick in Black - absolutely! I have a White TR and love it but have to agree with the OPs assertation regarding black.

Great pics!

Cheers

18. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    #95 MonoSpecchio, Jul 10, 2013
    I know this post is over a year old, but thanks for reminding me of that issue! I've been a C&D subscriber since the 4th grade (1984 to 2009 when all the old writers finally quit) and your post brought back the memory of that issue I read oh so many years ago!

A quick google search turned it up. Just grabbed it! I'll scan it and post it when it arrives. There were very few black flying mirror TRs made...I thought the magazine car might be mine but it has a black dash.

September 1986 Car Driver Ferrari Testarossa Riviera T Type Acura Integra | eBay

Maybe it subconsciously influenced me to marry a redhead and buy my flying mirror black TR :D

19. tf308

tf308 Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yeah....she was hot!!! You have the picture of her with the lipstick hanging out of the car?

Wow...the things we remember.

(I also like the girl on Motor trend with the quad turbo tr)

20. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    #97 Llenroc, Jul 10, 2013
  21. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    OMG that is gorgeous!! :)

22. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #99 JeremyJon, Jul 10, 2013
    Okay, I remember now which one you guys are mentioning, at first I was thinking about the black Pantera GTS one (M&T I think), and the black Countach one (R&T).... :D

23. zielsports

zielsports Rookie

Nov 27, 2012
    CA
    Full Name:
    J.K.
    #100 zielsports, Jul 11, 2013